Author Topic: The sorta-inconvenent truth  (Read 1276 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
The sorta-inconvenent truth
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:24:10 pm »
The #1 source of greenhouse gases and deforestation comes from the meat industry. But in Al Gore's book "The Inconvenient Truth", he entirely fails to mention it. Why?

Well, Moby called him on it, and here's what he wrote:
i asked al gore about why he didn't mention this in an 'inconvenient truth' (as animal production is responsible for more greenhouse gases than every car, bus, truck … plane, boat on the planet COMBINED). he answered honestly, basically saying that getting people to drive a hybrid car isn't that difficult. getting people to give up animal products is almost impossible. i appreciated his honesty. so i guess i'll be talking about climate change tomorrow, and i guess i'll have to mention the most inconvenient of inconvenient truths, that you can't talk seriously about climate change and global warming without looking at the role of animal production (animal production being responsible for 24% of greenhouse gas emissions and also the #1 cause of deforestation in the rainforest).

I found that interesting, myself, because I've been wondering that for years. :)

Link

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
Re: The sorta-inconvenent truth
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 12:50:43 pm »
Does he mention his encounters with ManBearPig anywhere? ???

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: The sorta-inconvenent truth
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:10:57 pm »
The half man, half bearpig wonder.