Author Topic: home internet vs apt internet  (Read 8923 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: home internet vs apt internet
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 01:15:27 pm »
LOL. THERE we go.

Damn. I didn't think it would make a difference. =P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 05:32:33 pm »
no, its actually something they still do and advertise
Yeah, "Speed Boost" is a totally different thing from their deep packet inspection and other questionable past and present practices.  i.e. sending RST packets to kill BitTorrent downloads.

What makes you think that it's deep packet inspection when they shape old connections, but not when they shape new ones?

They never used RST attacks against me, or targeted BT; it was really simple shaping. If you saturated your upstream bandwidth, they'd choke your downstream so the buffer would overflow and discard ACKs (read: lag). It affected everything, but BitTorrent swarms are incapable of thriving in high-latency environments.

The FCC ruled that packet shaping of any form is illegal. Obviously, the questionable practices were what they were targeting, but speed boost begets false advertisement, and so it's also illegal.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 04:00:07 pm »

Thread necro inc.  Been awhile since I've poked around the general forums.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.