Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Router issues...

<< < (5/8) > >>

iago:

--- Quote from: MyndFyre on November 08, 2009, 04:46:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: iago on November 07, 2009, 05:52:32 pm ---
--- Quote from: MyndFyre on November 07, 2009, 01:16:16 am ---I'm getting ready to offer to host it on the same server where jinxbot.net lives.  Geez.

--- End quote ---
I think you missed the part where I'm out of town. It's hard to fix something like a broken router without physical access.

Bad luck happens. You'll get over it! :)

--- End quote ---
I knew you were out of town.  But since the site always happens to go offline whenever you're out of town, I thought you might be amicable to hosting it somewhere that's not dependent on your hardware.

--- End quote ---
Well, it's just bad luck. We'll see what happens next time I go away (I'm half considering going to DC in February.. dunno if that'll actually happen :) ).

Camel:
My non-54g WRT has reboot.

Then again, it has DD-WRT on it, too.

Joe:
When you restructure your Virtual Machines, I'd recommend (on no educational basis) using the host operating system for two functions: A router, and a VM host. That way, next time something bad happens, SSH into the host machine, issue a "reboot now", and then cleverly written boot scripts restart all your VMs and whatnot.

Opinion?

Sidoh:

--- Quote from: iago on November 08, 2009, 04:43:15 pm ---Yeah, I've considered it. But I don't like running unofficial software like that in a production-type environment. My biggest concern is that dd-wrt has all kinds of vulnerabilities found on a regular basis.

That being said, it might be a good option. Buying a better router might be a better option. :)

--- End quote ---

Do something so it doesn't die when you go out of town.  I think the forums are doing poorly enough as it is. :P

Armin:
I can't imagine x86 on a server not run by iago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version