Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Welcome to 2010!

<< < (3/7) > >>

deadly7:

--- Quote from: Quik on January 01, 2010, 06:17:45 pm ---You're so cool because you're non-conformist! Who needs to celebrate the new year anyway?

--- End quote ---
Well perhaps you can enlightmen as me [and I'm sure others] as to why it's such a marvelous occassion that everyone goes all batshit crazy about it?

Sidoh:
I don't think there's anything magical about the new year, and I'm not particularly fond of the celebration, but sometimes it's fun.  Just because a holiday is arbitrary doesn't mean you can't have a little fun. :)

I was in San Francisco for the new year.  I went and watched some fireworks, and was pretty amazed by the number of people walking through the streets.  I was even more amazed by the morons who thought it'd be a good idea to drive downtown after 12:00.

Towelie:
I agree with Sidoh, and I think we should invent some holidays that are set aside just to have fun :P

iago:

--- Quote from: Sidoh on January 01, 2010, 09:48:56 pm ---I don't think there's anything magical about the new year, and I'm not particularly fond of the celebration, but sometimes it's fun.  Just because a holiday is arbitrary doesn't mean you can't have a little fun. :)

I was in San Francisco for the new year.  I went and watched some fireworks, and was pretty amazed by the number of people walking through the streets.  I was even more amazed by the morons who thought it'd be a good idea to drive downtown after 12:00.

--- End quote ---
I'm surprised at how many people braved -40C/F temperatures here to watch fireworks. Nutty! :)

Quik:

--- Quote from: deadly7 on January 01, 2010, 08:50:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: Quik on January 01, 2010, 06:17:45 pm ---You're so cool because you're non-conformist! Who needs to celebrate the new year anyway?

--- End quote ---
Well perhaps you can enlightmen as me [and I'm sure others] as to why it's such a marvelous occassion that everyone goes all batshit crazy about it?

--- End quote ---

nothing amazingly spectacular, but it's basically an excuse to have a good time, however that may be for you. Our society basically stops over the holiday, most people don't have school or work, so why not enjoy yourself? I'm just tired of people having the attitude that they're superior because they don't "party" or conform to the social norm. But ts whatever, I'm not here to start arguements. We're all friends here :)

--- Quote from: Towelie on January 01, 2010, 11:07:52 pm ---I agree with Sidoh, and I think we should invent some holidays that are set aside just to have fun :P

--- End quote ---

people already have: thirsty Thursdays, fucked up Fridays, etc..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version