Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Proof... (aka, sorry for downtime)

(1/4) > >>

iago:
So, here's what happened:
1) Week before I left, the fan was rattling really bad
2) Day before I left, I replaced the fan
3) Day I left, I get several texts saying server's down
4) Day after I left, my friend staying with me troubleshoots. He reseats the ram, checks all connections, etc -- it won't POST
5) Got home today, booted, and it worked fine

I think that's really proof that, when I leave town, the server gets lonely. Nothing else could explain it!

What I really thought happened was it overheated and fried CPU. It could still be overheating -- I may not have installed the new fan right.

Anyway, I am worried about the stability. It may not stay up (that's what SHE said). I'm planning on replacing/upgrading the hardware soon. For what it's worth, I'm also upgrading my Internet connection (it'll be 10mbit upstream when I do) -- no ETA on that, yet.

Sidoh:
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA.  jesus man.  this is seriously creepy.

your server is in LOOOOoooooove with you.  you should try bringing home a girl.  if it goes down then, it's obviously the case.

rabbit:
Take a picture of yourself, frame it, and leave it facing the server when you leave home.

Also, I'm proposing a new rule:  iago cannot leave his home for over 12 hours at a time, ever.

Chavo:
I had 10 minutes after he left, do I win?

iago:

--- Quote from: Chavo on February 09, 2010, 07:40:29 pm ---I had 10 minutes after he left, do I win?

--- End quote ---
LOSE!

The last thing in my logs is:

x.x.119.25 - - [03/Feb/2010:21:26:32 -0600] "GET /index.php?action=keepalive;1265275762220 HTTP/1.1" 200 26 "http://forum.x86labs.org/index.php?board=1.0" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.78 Safari/532.5"

The ip, for what it's worth, belongs to c0ld. :)

I left on Feb 4 @ 6am. Feb 3 @ 9:30pm is around the time I replaced the heatsink. I could have sworn I got it running afterwards, but maybe I didn't. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version