Author Topic: Seeking legal advice..  (Read 19848 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Seeking legal advice..
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 02:57:32 am »
Most regular roads around here are from 31 miles (50km) to 43 miles (70km), while on expressways the limit is around 62 (100km), although nobody is going to pull you over on an expressway unless you're going REALLY fast (140+km) or you're doing something else wrong.  :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:59:46 am by Blaze »
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008, 07:01:58 pm »
Most regular roads around here are from 31 miles (50km) to 43 miles (70km), while on expressways the limit is around 62 (100km), although nobody is going to pull you over on an expressway unless you're going REALLY fast (140+km) or you're doing something else wrong.  :P
Manitoba is the same. The max limit you'll see in this province is 100km/h. People tend to stick around 110km/h, though.. I don't know about doing 140, but I know there are certain place here where you can get a ticket for 115+.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 06:04:48 am »
Does Joe still have his license?

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 05:32:41 pm »
[edit] Oh, I forgot to make my point! Regardless of what the speed limit is, 75 will not get you pulled over, and 85 will definitely get you pulled over on most interstate, and some non-interstate highways.
That's definitely not the case here.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2010, 04:07:39 am »
I got it reduced to speeding in a non work zone, and I think it was reduced to 10 over. I ended up losing my license. It took me over two years to get over Warrior hurting my feelings but its okay, because he's banned now.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2010, 11:03:03 am »
Warrior isn't banned, he left on his own after being kicked out of x86.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2010, 11:10:40 am »
Warrior isn't banned, he left on his own after being butthurt.
FTFY
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2010, 02:17:49 pm »
It took two years to resolve this speeding ticket, or just whatever about warrior?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2010, 04:36:47 pm »
I totally forgot I posted this. It's some guys birthday who posted in this thread.

I have my license back already and have a clean license.

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 11:20:10 am »
I totally forgot I posted this. It's some guys birthday who posted in this thread.

I have my license back already and have a clean license.

Now don't speed ... unless getting there tens of seconds to minutes faster with 10x the anxiety makes that much of a difference.
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2010, 06:56:40 pm »
I commute from WI Dells to Madison five days a week, a 52 mile drive including 40 miles of interstate. Driving 40 miles at 65 miles per hour takes 36.9 minutes. The same drive at 75 miles per hour takes 31.9 minutes. I was going to make a point but apparently you're actually right. Fuck.

I usually set cruise at 74 (I've passed cops at 79 regularly) and I'm just fine, but occasionally I'll hit 80 if I'm trying to pass a really annoying semi (srsly, they're terrible) or 90 to avoid an accident or get the hell away from a tailgater. The 80, I could probably not get away with but I think I could justify the other stuff.

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2010, 08:58:05 pm »
I commute from WI Dells to Madison five days a week, a 52 mile drive including 40 miles of interstate. Driving 40 miles at 65 miles per hour takes 36.9 minutes. The same drive at 75 miles per hour takes 31.9 minutes. I was going to make a point but apparently you're actually right. Fuck.

I usually set cruise at 74 (I've passed cops at 79 regularly) and I'm just fine, but occasionally I'll hit 80 if I'm trying to pass a really annoying semi (srsly, they're terrible) or 90 to avoid an accident or get the hell away from a tailgater. The 80, I could probably not get away with but I think I could justify the other stuff.

Going 5 over works well for 400 miles ... but you have to go long distances for speeding to make a significant difference.

For city driving ... you're better off exploring back roads and neighborhood roads as these don't typically have traffic lights.  But ALWAYS do a complete stop at a stop sign!  It takes a little getting used to stopping for 1-2 seconds, but it pays off and becomes a good habit.  Driving the speed limit also becomes a good habit when you get used to it.  It may be hard for you to get used to it though.

Driving the speed limit is also a way to get tailgaters off your back as they typically speed.  They seem to not fully grasp reality ... you don't need to take a physics course to feel the effects of momentum and inertia.  What's worse is that they continue this behavior in the rain!  Another possibility is that they actually believe the closer they are to the bumper, the faster they get to their destination ...

Anyway, I hate driving! I hate the way other people drive! Especially those dumb fucks who drink coffee and text while the car is in motion.

P.S. Always use two hands on the wheel.  A bump or pothole can easily disorient a one-handed driver ... and in the right situation, that's a crash.
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2010, 09:55:37 pm »
But ALWAYS do a complete stop at a stop sign!  It takes a little getting used to stopping for 1-2 seconds, but it pays off and becomes a good habit.

Truth.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2010, 01:48:28 pm »
Stopping at stop signs wastes gas...you guys hate the environment!

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2010, 01:46:41 pm »
Stopping at stop signs wastes gas...you guys hate the environment!

Or you could get a hybrid, I was under the impression one of the benefits of said technology is better fuel efficiency in such scenarios.

I just wish the premium you pay for a hybrid would drop... for someone like me, the extra fuel efficiency isn't worth the significantly higher price tag I'd pay for a hybrid when I don't spend the majority of my driving in city/urban/stop-and-go traffic.

Anyways on topic, I never get speeding tickets in Maryland.  I only ever get my speeding tickets in Virginia... grrrr... I have a ticket I got in VA a month or so ago for going 76 in a 60 zone... bah.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:04:06 pm by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org