Author Topic: Went for a walk in high heels today...  (Read 12698 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Went for a walk in high heels today...
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:52:42 pm »
It was for a good cause though: LRCC: Walk a Mile in Her Shoes 2009

My girlfriend is good friends with a girl that is super involved in the LBK RCC, so ... there I went. Registration was $20 or $25, and goes to a good cause.

Anyway, I walked a mile...it hurt like a SOB. I dont know why women wear those things. Further, I have no sympathy for any woman that complains "oh my feet hurt" while wearing high heels.

After the mens' march, the women had a race in 2.5" stilletos. My girl came in about 6th out of 20something. One girl did the 100 yd dash in 13.XX seconds. F that. I couldnt do that with a good knee and good shoes, but she did it in heels (although, some people seem to think her heels were too short...whatever...she RAN).

Here is a picture of my feet before:

Putting my boots on after the march was simply amazing. Actually, standing on asphalt in socks was even great after those high heels.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Went for a walk in high heels today...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:57:12 pm »
That's cool!

"Not authorized to view this attachment" :(

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:59:19 pm »
Fuck.

now?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 01:04:45 am »
My toes would hurt the most methinks... being all scrunched up in those pointy things.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 01:57:51 am »
Gf: "If they were my shoes, they'd be Uggs.  That wouldn't be so hard, would it?  Might be a little hot..."

also... socks + heels?  i'm pretty sure that's like the 8th deadly sin or something.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 12:58:10 pm »
My toes would hurt the most methinks... being all scrunched up in those pointy things.

I thought that was going to be the worst part too, but FUCK was I wrong. The shoes have no padding, so I might as well have been walking barefoot on the sidewalk. Actually, that would've been better. Because of the heel part, my ankle was pointed in a way that my ankle does not point/bend. Point your foot as far as it will point, then stand on the balls of your feet and walk around...yeah.

Gf: "If they were my shoes, they'd be Uggs.  That wouldn't be so hard, would it?  Might be a little hot..."

also... socks + heels?  i'm pretty sure that's like the 8th deadly sin or something.
I would've ended up with wicked blisters had I not worn socks. WICKED blisters. They provided the shoes, and I had to give a size beforehand, so they were close, but not snug whatsoever.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »
They also force you to stand funny, which I guess is the point.

I'd be more impressed if you did it in full drag! ;)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »
Dani went to a drag show a couple weeks ago. At one point she said "I didnt invite you cuz I didnt figure itd be your thing." Sometime after the show I mentioned I'd only ever seen one dude in drag, and it was this super built black dude and he was wearing a dress and blonde wig. Well APPARENTLY dudes in drag should be referred to as "her" and not "him." I said "whatever" when she corrected me, and that was apparently the wrong response. Anyway, back to the "invited" story...I dont think she ever invited me, but she INSISTS she did. Then some how I ended up being called a homophobe because I refused to go (I still contend I was never asked). I said I might be uncomfortable at that event because it seems like something that would be very sexually charged and open (not my kinda thing...I went too Vagina Monologues once and was uncomfortable for that reason). Women are irrational. FFS. Just to "prove her wrong" I said I'd go to a show some time. Further, I went to a gay bar last night with her and her girl friends + their gay friend/her former roommate. I danced with hot chicks all night...gay bar worked out nicely. haha.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 05:13:05 pm »
From what I've read, drag is more of a straight thing than a gay thing - trying to embody women, etc. I dunno.. I find drag weird and creepy (but I also find girls weird and creepy - to each their own, there's nothing wrong with weird and creepy).

I've never heard of calling guys in drag "she" before, but transsexuals should definitely be referred to as the gender that they identify with.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 09:44:26 pm »
The majority of men who dress in drag are straight.  Or at least the majority of men who wear women's clothing are straight.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:24:19 am »

Uggs.  So tired of seeing those fugly fucking things.  Every piece of trailer park trash that blows in the wind thinks it's cute to wear those and PJs fucking everywhere.

/endrant

And no, that wasn't at whoevers girlfriend.  Some people actually pull them off well.  But the majority of people I see in them are the above.

OT:  I would never be able to walk in heels :(  I don't think they make 12/13 EEEs X:
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 02:04:06 pm »

I've never heard of calling guys in drag "she" before, but transsexuals should definitely be referred to as the gender that they identify with.

Beats me...I was corrected multiple times for saying "he" referring to the ... person. Maybe I'll just stop assigning gender, and call everyone "it." Does that work?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »

Beats me...I was corrected multiple times for saying "he" referring to the ... person. Maybe I'll just stop assigning gender, and call everyone "it." Does that work?
I work hard to avoid pronouns when I'm not sure which to use (and names when I can't remember) :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 02:32:53 pm »
Do you think it'd be offensive to say "it" referencing a person? I guess I could just say "I saw a PERSON, and that PERSON, etc..."

Just say person/ that person regarding everyone.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 02:51:07 pm »
Do you think it'd be offensive to say "it" referencing a person? I guess I could just say "I saw a PERSON, and that PERSON, etc..."
offensive? Depends who you talk to. Awkward/weird? Definitely.