Author Topic: Oh F. Ring shopping.  (Read 3092 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Oh F. Ring shopping.
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:27:40 pm »
Wont be asking her for a while, but here are some nice ring settings I've found over the last few however-long. Further, she saw a Zales commercial last night and said "let's look at rings." (I was in NM this past weekend for my mom's bday, and she asked if we'd looked at rings yet. I told Dani about this.) I let on that I'd been looking, and showed her stuff. Apparently, my selections have been legit. This won't happen for a while (I gots to save up some money), but now I know what I'm looking for/want to buy. Just gotta figure out what ring size I spose.

Anyhow, here are the few I've boiled it down to (which she seemed to like):
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-white-gold_7834
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-platinum_3470
http://www.bluenile.com/solitaire-diamond-engagement-ring-platinum_1
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-white-gold_4782

I dont like #1, but she did. #2 is by far my favorite setting. #3 is classic, and we both liked it, but I think side stones are best. #4 is also nice.

Myndfyre, where'd you recently buy? I understand Costco is actually legit on stone purchasing (only a 14% markup).

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Oh F. Ring shopping.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:11:42 pm »
I bought at Shane Company.  The stone was a really good price and their warranty is great, plus I don't have to worry that it will be unable to be serviced.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 03:09:53 pm »
Bleh.  Diamonds are lame.  They can be manufactured and they're expensive because a creepy cartel wants them to be.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:13:38 pm »
Didn't you just start hooking up with her a few months ago?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:44:54 pm »
Bleh.  Diamonds are lame.  They can be manufactured and they're expensive because a creepy cartel wants them to be.
agreed. but ... whatever. most things in life = scam.

Didn't you just start hooking up with her a few months ago?
about 8? it has become surprisingly serious. it was originally supposed to be 100% sex, but I fucked that up by November. From there, she fucked it up shortly thereafter. Her big thing was "no emotions unless we're gonna spend forever together and I'm not ready for that." I guess she is now ready for that. Further, my family likes her. I am going to FL (her home) with her in two weeks for two weeks. I figure if we survive that trip (4 days stuck in a car + days at her folks' house), we're GOLDEN.

@myndfyre, did you buy the stone separate from the setting (I'm told that's what I should do to ensure the quality of the stone...but I doubt I'd be able to tell either way)? also, did you get it assembled locally?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:00:56 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 10:47:47 am »
Honestly, I only like the classic... the others are a bit too 'post-modern' for my taste.  I can imagine us looking back on them in 30 years the way we look at architecture from the 1960s now.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »
Honestly, I only like the classic... the others are a bit too 'post-modern' for my taste.  I can imagine us looking back on them in 30 years the way we look at architecture from the 1960s now.

I usu wonder that about "modern" crap.