Author Topic: Sorry, your leather sex is too loud!  (Read 3274 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Sorry, your leather sex is too loud!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:44:10 pm »
I... don't want to know.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:14:06 am »
If I was the new tenant, and the other dude was keeping me/my son up at night with what I can only assume sounds of a torture chamber, I'd be calling the cops for noise complaints. I'd also sue to get out of the apartment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather_subculture

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:41:26 pm »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/02/BAFF1JAT3D.DTL

What a dick. :)

Who are you referring to?  I think the leather sex guy is obviously the dick here.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:48:30 pm »
That's what you get for living in San Francisco.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 07:52:56 pm »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/02/BAFF1JAT3D.DTL

What a dick. :)

Who are you referring to?  I think the leather sex guy is obviously the dick here.

I wanted to keep it vague on purpose.

My initial thought was the leather guy. Then I thought the guy for awhile, because he wanted to remove the carpet but wasn't allowed by the condo rules and it seemed like he was having buyers' remorse, and the sound padding is there for a reason. But then I decided in the end that it was the leather guy because there was no reason for him to be that specific with a random person/neighbour.

So yeah, leather guy is the dick. But I can sorta see his point - some people enjoy that, and creating a soundproof room and trying to explain it to your parents when they come over for dinner could be awkward.

But yeah, leather guy = dick.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 07:58:44 pm »
Yeah. Leather guy says that he could be singing Italian Opera as if that would be equivalent and obviously okay.  But it obviously isn't okay if it's obscenely loud (no matter what is creating the noise), and it also isn't equivalent by leather guy's own reasoning about confusing the young child, etc.

I generally think people are way too squeamish about sex related things.  But in this particular case I think leather guy is being rude, selfish and insensitive.  His leather sex is not more important than his neighbour's health and comfort.  I have bad dust mite allergies and I can totally understand the guy's need to remove carpeting, etc.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 08:01:08 pm »
I agree, Rule.  Carpet is nasty even if you don't have allergies.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 08:21:02 pm »
Yeah. Leather guy says that he could be singing Italian Opera as if that would be equivalent and obviously okay.  But it obviously isn't okay if it's obscenely loud (no matter what is creating the noise), and it also isn't equivalent by leather guy's own reasoning about confusing the young child, etc.

I generally think people are way too squeamish about sex related things.  But in this particular case I think leather guy is being rude, selfish and insensitive.  His leather sex is not more important than his neighbour's health and comfort.  I have bad dust mite allergies and I can totally understand the guy's need to remove carpeting, etc.
Agreed. I think Dan Savage said it well:
If your "leather sex" is so loud that the neighbor's child can hear it, then it's your responsibility to do a little proactive sound-proofing of your bedroom/playroom/dungeon. Your new neighbor shouldn't have to leave carpets and carpet pads in his condo—carpets and pads that inflame his allergies—to muffle the sounds of the enthusiastic leather sex coming from your condo.

Consideration ≠ oppression.