Author Topic: LSU grad student burning American flag in protest...  (Read 3548 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
LSU grad student burning American flag in protest...
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »
...of the arrest of another student that stole an American flag from LSU and burned it.

That first kid is a fuckhead and should've been arrested. This second kid is a fuckhead and deserves to reap what he has sown. It would've been more awesome if no one showed up to counter him, but I can accept and embrace the verbal ass kicking he received. However, I dont like that he was physically attacked. That is bad. Giving him attention let's this fuckhead win.

I can understand burning a flag if you have a legit point to get across, but burning a flag to support a criminal? Fuck him. Also, fuck the people that support his dumbass position. I'm glad they can express their idiocy, but I'm also glad that the whole fuckin county turned out to show them what fuckheads they are.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/10/lsu-student-allegedly-plans-hold-american-flag-burning-protest/?test=latestnews
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/flag-burning-lsu-campus-20110511-ncx
http://www.lsureveille.com/angry-crowd-swarms-for-scheduled-flag-burning-1.2562076

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: LSU grad student burning American flag in protest...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:39:45 am »
Given the amount of education you've received, I'm surprised you hold such horribly ignorant opinions on such controversial subjects.

Or perhaps I just don't understand what part of the flag burning sets you off, because at no point does that action anger me or even really stir me up. Or even intrigue me. We've got a ton of other problems to deal with.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 04:22:04 am »
The first guy allegedly caused ~$7000 in damage burning a stolen flag. That's what annoys me. He can burn the flag if he wants, but it should be his property, and he should obtain all relevant permits beforehand.
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:55:26 am »
Given the amount of education you've received, I'm surprised you hold such horribly ignorant opinions on such controversial subjects.

Or perhaps I just don't understand what part of the flag burning sets you off, because at no point does that action anger me or even really stir me up. Or even intrigue me. We've got a ton of other problems to deal with.

The 2nd dude was burning an American flag in support of a criminal. That's not some political statement. That's retarded. And like I said, dude#2 (Haas) can burn the flag all he wants, but I'm glad that everyone else fucked up his plans. Again, I dont agree so much with the physical violence against him, but I definitely agree with the verbal ass kicking he received.

Free speech goes both ways. He can say dumb shit, and everyone else can scream in his face.

So, Newby, what is ignorant about thinking this dude is an idiot?

edit:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzFd8nU4TI8

Again, I dont support the physical attacks against Haas or the cops, but I _especially_ do not support the cops assaulting the student at 0:43 in the video.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:07:42 am by CrAz3D »

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:54:59 am »
I don't understand how his stupid positions preclude his rights to free speech.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 06:10:55 pm »
I dont think many people have said he cant speak. I previous said he can speak, but so can others.
And like I said, dude#2 (Haas) can burn the flag all he wants

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »
I dont think many people have said he cant speak. I previous said he can speak, but so can others.
And like I said, dude#2 (Haas) can burn the flag all he wants

And my final remark, which I put because I pre-emptively knew you would say this, was:

... I just don't understand what part of the flag burning sets you off...[w]e've got a ton of other problems to deal with.

Why even bother remarking on this? It's not news, you know that, I know that, don't waste our time critiquing something worthless. This doesn't start any conversation. Something interesting or remarkable does.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:25:49 pm »
My OP addressed my feelings on that. I expressed it would've been better had no one showed up to give this douche the attention he wanted, but because people did, I'm glad they silenced him.