Author Topic: Leaving Girlfriend  (Read 8337 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Leaving Girlfriend
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 03:22:40 am »
Yes, in principle it's nice to separate sex, love, and rationalize things, but it often just doesn't work.
I agree - and the flip side is, sometimes it does work.

In the polyamorous setting, I think a<->b<->c could lead to a lot of jealousy, because it would be hard for the strength of those arrows to all be the same.  It's the kind of thing I think would be fun in the short term but would be really stressful in a long term relationship, where I would want to avoid being judged or trying battle for affection, etc.
Yeah, it seems like it'd be a pain in the ass. One partner is enough work. Unless it's like cats, where the big one will look after the small one for you, so you don't have to. :)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 02:24:09 pm »
Open relationship to me just says that you're fuck buddies.

shrug

Personally, I don't know how people roll like that.  Pretty sure it would make me furious, no pun intended.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 04:48:05 pm »
Open relationship to me just says that you're fuck buddies.
I tend to agree.

Personally, I don't know how people roll like that.  Pretty sure it would make me furious, no pun intended.
oic wut i did thar
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 11:59:59 am »
Glad my drunk ramblings allowed yall to have at least a coherent convo as my shit wasnt coherent(ish).  lol.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 01:18:05 pm »
Glad my drunk ramblings allowed yall to have at least a coherent convo as my shit wasnt coherent(ish).  lol.

Any updates? :O

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 01:28:08 pm »
Signed lease thursday.  Will move this coming weekend.  I was in NM for my bday weekend (I think she felt slighted I didnt bring her like we originally planned).  When I got back she had made me a cake, got me some nice beer and beer glasses, and then she took me to dinner.  Fuck.  My.  Confused.  Head.

I guess that since I stood up for myself, she is realizing that the world doesnt revolve around her.  Hell, ever since I told her I am moving, she has been a lot nicer.  We've talked about still going out on dates and shit.  She asked if we'd just hang out - I told her that she knows how I feel about her (i.e., I still want to be with her), but that I'm moving so she can decide if she wants me.  If it works out it'd be awesome, but I can't do anything else but let her grow up.

Again, I'm the first person since high school to leave her.  Crazy.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 03:41:32 pm »
Signed lease thursday.  Will move this coming weekend.  I was in NM for my bday weekend (I think she felt slighted I didnt bring her like we originally planned).  When I got back she had made me a cake, got me some nice beer and beer glasses, and then she took me to dinner.  Fuck.  My.  Confused.  Head.

I guess that since I stood up for myself, she is realizing that the world doesnt revolve around her.  Hell, ever since I told her I am moving, she has been a lot nicer.  We've talked about still going out on dates and shit.  She asked if we'd just hang out - I told her that she knows how I feel about her (i.e., I still want to be with her), but that I'm moving so she can decide if she wants me.  If it works out it'd be awesome, but I can't do anything else but let her grow up.

It won't work out. Save yourself an agonizing year.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 05:02:18 pm »

Sometimes, people need to be brought up short to realize they're assholes and change who they are.

Sometimes, people are just assholes.

It's up to you to decide.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 05:09:22 pm »
that's why I'm leaving.  I knew nothing would change if I didnt prompt it.  Whatevs.  It works it works, it dont it dont.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 11:05:11 am »
that's why I'm leaving.  I knew nothing would change if I didnt prompt it.  Whatevs.  It works it works, it dont it dont.
I'm not so sure it's that simple, eh?
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 06:23:03 pm »
well, more goes into it, but if I kept everything the same, then nothing would change.  I dont know the details of what will happen, but, again, if it works it works.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 12:26:39 pm »
Human nature sucks