Author Topic: Bank takes family home!  (Read 3348 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Bank takes family home!
« on: October 02, 2011, 10:02:19 pm »
Those evils bastards!

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/09/video-of-george-washington-law-student-occupying-wall-street-hilarity-ensues/

...really?  his parents are super educated and didnt actually lose the house to foreclosure?  WTF?
Get off your knees and get back to class - there are real people with real problems out there, so STFU.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Bank takes family home!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:04 pm »
The funniest part about it is that he's so retardedly ignorant about what is actually happening to his parents' property.

A short sale (something I looked into because I might have bought a short sale) is when you sell your house for less than the balance of the mortgage because you can't afford to keep it.  The banks basically say, "OK, we have a contract that says that you're going to owe us this, and we took a risk in giving you a loan.  Now you're asking if you can pay back the loan later, with less collateral, because you can't afford to make the payments that you currently owe."

The banks are actually helping this guy's family out and he's just screaming like an idiot.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:53:12 am »
Is this really newsworthy?  His comment early on, 'Stephen with a ph', made me fairly certain that he was a plant intending to make protestors look ridiculous.  Who says things like that when they are serious about a cause?  Whether or not he is a genuine protestor or just a plant, he is insanely attention seeking.

I haven't followed the occupy wall street stories, but I somehow doubt that he is at all representative of the protestors.  And that article didn't seem like it was written by an objective journalist.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:09:00 am »
Here's a much more articulate protester: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yrT-0Xbrn4

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:21:58 pm »
Here's a much more articulate protester: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yrT-0Xbrn4
I saw that one too.  Cool.

The idiots get highlighted...cause they're idiots.

I'm bothered by whats going on with the Occupy X movements.  NYPD corralled a bunch of people and arrested them.  People wanting to protest in DC in a museum were turned away/assault by cops.  People are being ticketed for honking in Seattle in support of OWS.  JP Morgan gave $5m to NYPD _during_ the OWS protests, and are definitely benefiting from the protection they bought.

Govt is cracking down on the people.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:36:45 pm »
I saw that one too.  Cool.

The idiots get highlighted...cause they're idiots.

I'm bothered by whats going on with the Occupy X movements.  NYPD corralled a bunch of people and arrested them.  People wanting to protest in DC in a museum were turned away/assault by cops.  People are being ticketed for honking in Seattle in support of OWS.  JP Morgan gave $5m to NYPD _during_ the OWS protests, and are definitely benefiting from the protection they bought.

Govt is cracking down on the people.
Reminds me of the Toronto G8 protests.. lots of bad arrests, some people still in jail.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 04:08:49 pm »
STILL in jail?  What'd they "do" to wind up in jail that long?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:14:14 pm »
They found materials at his house that could be used to make explosives. He had reasonable and provable reasons for having it, but AFIAK they didn't care. I don't remember the full story.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »
materials at home to make a bomb = A WHOLE SHIT TON OF SHIT!  If I think for about 15 seconds, I have enough crap within 30 feet of me to make a pipe bomb that would do damage.  If I walk out to my truck, I have enough materials to make a more lethal bomb.  Every little bit of it is 100% legal.

Stupid govt.