Author Topic: Slutwalks  (Read 7654 times)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Re: Slutwalks
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 01:33:31 pm »
Is there actually a correlation between how a woman dresses and likelihood of being raped? If there is, I'd say dressing conservatively is the way to go. <sarcasm> Otherwise, it's just making women less attractive on campus and at the bar, and no one wants that </sarcasm>

However, I didnt quote some random broad that responded to me.  I suggested training/self defense...she suggested training men not to rape.
While I agree self-defense classes, carrying a taser, gun, pepper-spray,etc. would help, training some men might pay off. A significant portion of rapes are committed by repeat offenders as observed in anonymous surveys. Read it here. Training those men might pay off.
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 04:25:03 pm »
Can serial rapists be rehabilitated?  Is it worth the time, effort, and money (maybe we should execute them).  Otherwise, society generally trains people to not be rapists.  The problem exists with the people that go against their basic societal training.  No "movement" (without force) is going to change such a degenerate's mind, and even then......*shrug* who knows?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 04:39:46 pm »
Execution is never a reasonable answer.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 04:40:48 pm »
The thing is, I agree with both sides. It shouldn't be up to the women to defend themselves, it should be up to men to stop being assholes. But, it's not a zero sum problem - you can do both.

I look at it this way. If you walk out into a crosswalk without looking, you might get hit by a car. Is it your fault? No. Is it something you could have prevented? Possibly. So in addition to training drivers not to be dicks, why not also train pedestrians to be careful?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 04:53:22 pm »
The thing is, I agree with both sides. It shouldn't be up to the women to defend themselves, it should be up to men to stop being assholes. But, it's not a zero sum problem - you can do both.

I look at it this way. If you walk out into a crosswalk without looking, you might get hit by a car. Is it your fault? No. Is it something you could have prevented? Possibly. So in addition to training drivers not to be dicks, why not also train pedestrians to be careful?

This is exactly how I feel about the issue.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 06:04:33 pm »

word.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 02:45:58 pm »
http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-news/ci_19131190

ALBUQUERQUE — An Albuquerque woman is facing charges after police said she allowed her daughter and her daughter's friend to drink and smoke pot.
Albuquerque police said Starr Trujillo was arrested Sunday and the girls, both 14, were taken into police custody.
According to a police report, the 32-year-old Trujillo allowed the girls to drink alcohol and smoke marijuana over the weekend at a local hotel with some other males. Police said Trujillo eventually lost sight of the girls, who were later sexually assaulted by juvenile males.
The father of the daughter's friend contacted police after his daughter was missing for a few days.
Trujillo faces a number of charges, including contributing to delinquency of a minor.
It was unclear if she had an attorney.

So, again, it is the assaulters' faults, and it isn't the girls' faults, but is mom also to blame for the sexual assault?  After all, she let them get all fucked up in a stupid-as-fuck situation.