Author Topic: Austin, TX trip  (Read 2941 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Austin, TX trip
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:11:46 am »

My cousin got married saturday in Austin, TX so we went to the wedding.

Ok, thursday night we rent a car so we can leave for Austin, TX friday morning.  The car was low on oil & not what we reserved so we took it back on friday morning & got a Ford Five Hundred from Hertz.  We left Las Cruces about 9:30 am for Austin, TX.

We get east of Fort Stockton & my dad gets pulled over for doing 95 in a 75 (@ mile marker 274).  Them were some BIG Texas highway patrol people.  We go about 2 hours & another 150 miles & get pulled over fo 85 in a 75 (@mile marker 416).  This is ridiculous so we go 75 the rest of the way & then the same back to Cruces.

We arrive @ our hotel around 8pm Central? time.  It's warm & quite humid there :(.  We leave the hotel to get a dress for my mom for the wedding on saturday morning.  Went to Barton Creek Mall....that place is QUITE large!

Wake up around 8am CST & eat breakfast @ hotel then get ready for the wedding.  My uncle gave us directions from another hotel (I guess we stayed @ the wrong one for the wedding party) but I looked it up on the net friday night so we were good.

Wedding starts @ 10:30 we got there at 10.  It took place at Riverbend Church, this whole area of town was/is gorgeous.  The wedding chapel was very beautiful & the ceremony made me cry...so cool.  Wedding is over & we are walking out of chapel & I meet my new cousin for the first time, she looked VERY pretty in her dress.

Now we are off to the reception which took place @ Barton Creek Country Club thing...oh crap, BIG money goes through there.  The reception was in the Govenor's ballroom, had great food, two great cakes, everything was very nice.

My cousin's best man is someone that is possibly the Chancelor @ UT Austin & for sure works for the big time senator in Texas.  My counsin started talkin to his friend about how I'd like to go to law school & such & his friend said I should talk to him about going back down for a visit sometime & he'll get me into UT & can probably get me scholarships.  My cousin said the guy has gotten people into UT law that didn't need to be there.  I met the guy & I now plan to go back there sometime soon so that he remembers me & I can get a letter of recommendation.  This guy is supposedly an up & coming Governor of Texas.  He knows all the BIG players in Texas.

After the reception we go back to the mall so my sister can shop (pfft, we should've gone to my Aunt's house for food & to hang out).  After the mall we take off for Cruces (5pm or so CST),  got about 2am MDT today.

All in all, AWESOME trip.  Austin is a VERY pretty place & I'd like to go to law school @ UTA (University of Texas, Austin) & then get in on some firm there.  Living in Austin, so long as I make quite a decent living, would be fun.  The river is beautiful, the golf courses run right long it, the houses are gorgeous, I saw nothing that looked hideous like here in Cruces (I'm sure there were ghettos somewhere but I didn't see none).

Going back in July I hope & since none of my family wants to go you should hit me up for it!

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: Austin, TX trip
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:37:29 am »
I have family right by houston and dallas, lovely country, I used to boat from texas to xapata mexheco with my family, its only like a 2 hour boatride but really scenic country.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:14:48 am »
that would be freakin awesome

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 01:55:46 pm »
If your cousin is a hick, did he/she marry his/her cousin? :P
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 02:19:46 pm »
Hick?... no
He is republican, but is not a redneck hick man from Alabama.  He went from wanting to be a lawyer to a Public Relations degree & is now in seminary? school to become a Baptist preacher.

I did see one of my counsins there, she was HOT! ;).........j/k

God, that one girl @ Buckle was hot, I want to go back already!