Author Topic: Funny thing happened the other day  (Read 6833 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Funny thing happened the other day
« on: July 24, 2005, 03:10:27 am »
Okay, so this all happened over WoW. Don't let it turn you off, it gets a lot, lot better.

For those of you who don't know, I play one a Role Playing server on WoW. This'll help explain the beginning of my tale of laughter.

So there's this guy and girl in my Guild, right? They get to know each other and they grow to find each other's company quite amusing. They get "in game" married, which is really, really lame, but it happens on RP servers. He's 17, she's 16. Seems okay, I guess. Nothing really too gross. At least they're opposite genders.

This guy starts to wonder if this is really what this girl is like in real life, because he's really starting to like her. So they get closer and closer until all of the sudden, the girl stops spending time with him (in game, yeah. Stupid. I know). They were apparently trying to get to know each other in real life, and had plans of phone calls in the near future.

One glum day, the girl informs the guy that she is in fact not 16, but 14. This angered the guy a good deal, because he told her from the beginning that lies and cheating were his two biggest pet peeves. So he decided to just try to go easy on her and cope with it. No big deal. It's an internet relationship.

Don't let this make you think it stops here. Oh no, my friends. It gets much, much better.

WoW has an in-game mail system, for those of you who don't know. You can instantly send a text message (which can be retrieved at any mailbox in the game) to another player, regardless of their online status. It also has a feature where you can make a copy of the letter and give it to another player to read.

Well, as it turns out, I was trying to talk to the guy to get him to calm down. He was really, REALLY angry. He broke his fist (literally, in real life. He broke his knuckles) from punching a wall repeatedly. After I'd helped him calm down some, he thanked me and took off to Goldshire, the nearest town. He noticed that he had some mail (indicated by an icon above the mini map), and went to retrieve it.

As expected, it was a note from the girl. A "Dear Johnny," letter, if you will. Well, the contents of this message really disturbed him. He made a copy and let me read it as well. I can honestly say that I found it so disgusting that I couldn't laugh.

Not only was this "girl" 14 instead of 16. Oh no, my friends. In fact, this "girl" wasn't even a "boy." "She" was a little of both. A hermaphrodite. Yup. His parents chose to make him a boy at birth and he's come into acceptance that he's gay.

MORE DOCUMENTATION. DON'T DEVELOP INTERNET RELATIONSHIPS!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 03:19:41 am by Sidoh »

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: Funny thing happened the other day
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 03:12:38 am »
so uh.. what bathroom does .. it use...
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 03:18:05 am »
so uh.. what bathroom does .. it use...

I would imagine the men's so he...eerrrrr...it can look at other penises. He...errrr...it admitted he..eeerr...it was gay.

Eww.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 03:33:12 am »
LOFUCKINGL.

The best part about that is that he's "in-game" married to her. Hahahaha.

Can we get a picture of this letter? I think it'd be hilarious. =P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 03:51:54 am by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

dx

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 03:51:01 am »
wtfahg? quit hanging out on gay WoW servers and this wont happen!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 09:51:38 am »
Newby: I wish I would have taken a screenshot of it, but I was too shocked to think of it and he promptly asked for it back.

DX: RP Servers are WAY better than any other kind. PvP servers are full of 12-year-old idiots as are PvE servers. Everyone on RP servers are generally far more mature, intellectual and kind. Plus, the vast majority of 'us' don't RP on a regular basis (in raids and whatnot) anyway. And if they do, they're generally very tollerant of people who don't. Plus -- you'd miss out on some humor if it weren't for RP servers. =P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 11:28:25 am »
HAhhahahah. GFG.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 12:39:56 pm »
DX: RP Servers are WAY better than any other kind. PvP servers are full of 12-year-old idiots as are PvE servers. Everyone on RP servers are generally far more mature, intellectual and kind. Plus, the vast majority of 'us' don't RP on a regular basis (in raids and whatnot) anyway. And if they do, they're generally very tollerant of people who don't. Plus -- you'd miss out on some humor if it weren't for RP servers. =P
A 17 year old marrying a 14 year old hermaphrodite is far from "mature".

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 02:55:29 pm »
A 17 year old marrying a 14 year old hermaphrodite is far from "mature".

Learn to read, Rabbit.

are generally far more mature

Play on a PvP server for 15 minutes, monitor general chat and if you have anything above the mindset of a 12-year-old newb, you'll agree.

It's an "in game" marriage, if you didn't catch that either. It's pretty far fetched compared to a normal marriage. And don't worry, I agree that alone is disturbing in itself.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 02:57:23 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 06:45:40 pm »
LOL.

One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 01:47:31 am »
omfg UBER OWNED

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 03:31:14 am »
Oh

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 03:31:33 am »
my

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 03:31:57 am »
God

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 05:42:25 pm »
Just had to share this painful knowledge with some of the rest of you. :)