Author Topic: Who do you accept?  (Read 7517 times)

Offline Clan_Info

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Who do you accept?
« on: September 01, 2005, 06:01:51 pm »
I run a large website that keeps track of clans, there members, and how good the clan is. It has not gone public yet.

I have been here (different account, go ahead and IP check if you want.. just don't tell anybody) for about 4 weeks and have loved the community.

You guys receive 4.5/5 stars, rated 2 on USWest.

I would like to point out a few problems, then ask some questions.

1. I noticed on your rules page you do not separate forum members from clan members.
2. Your battle.net channel never has more then 3 members talking at once.. And there are way to many idling bots, in my opinion.

Next, a few questions:

1. Are there any non-x86 users in your clan (Mac OS X, at the moment, I know its switching to x86)?
2. Is this strictly a development clan? Are there non-"techy" people in this clan?
3. Would you accept, based only on there posts, iago as a member?
4. Ergot?
5. Newby?
6. Ajan?
7. Ryan Marcus?
8. Blaze?

Thanks for all your time.. Your replies will either boost or lower your rating, not replying will keep it the same, but you could just reply with "No comment" so I do not keep checking...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you accept?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 06:06:55 pm »
Though I'm not a member, I can answer a few of those.
1: Possibly.
2: No, it's not only for programmers, though moust are.  Yes; Joe.
6: Who is Ajan?

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 06:15:39 pm »
Who beat us!?
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 06:26:43 pm »
sex

Offline Ryan Marcus

• Cross Platform.
  • I'm Bono.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 06:27:57 pm »
2? You guys got lucky.. My old clan, Clan SoF, got 3. He told us that 1 was overdosed.
Thanks, Ryan Marcus

<OG-Trust> I BET YOU GOT A CAR!
<OG-Trust> A JAPANESE CAR!
deadly: Big blue fatass to the rescue!
496620796F75722072656164696E6720746869732C20796F75722061206E6572642E00

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 06:35:12 pm »
Maybe you should look around the forums a bit more. Many of the questions should be answered, for example the memberlist and the development questions.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 08:31:15 pm »
* Newby shrugs.

1. I noticed on your rules page you do not separate forum members from clan members.
2. Your battle.net channel never has more then 3 members talking at once.. And there are way to many idling bots, in my opinion.

Next, a few questions:

1. Are there any non-x86 users in your clan (Mac OS X, at the moment, I know its switching to x86)?
2. Is this strictly a development clan? Are there non-"techy" people in this clan?
3. Would you accept, based only on there posts, iago as a member?
4. Ergot?
5. Newby?
6. Ajan?
7. Ryan Marcus?
8. Blaze?

1. Bleh. The non-clan-members of the forums are subject to common sense. Maybe we should write rules...

The non-clan members of the forums are (for the most part) mature enough to realize when they would be doing something stupid that members / admins do not like. No rules to keep them in line are necessary as of yet...

(Plus, rules often create more problems than they solve.)

2. Blame iago. Blame me too. We take up about 50% of the channel!

Most of us have school / stuff to attend to in real life. So, we idle bots in the occasion that we will stop by once in a while, read the back chat, and contribute to the channel!
1. Uh, I'm not sure if anybody really likes using a Macintrash. :P I'm pretty sure Joe uses PPC (Ubuntu). Other than that, nobody I know of in the clan uses non-x86 boxes (including SPARC and whatnot...)

Does AMD64 / IA-64 / x86-64 count as x86? If not, a few members here more than likely use 64-bit PCs, so I guess they count as non-x86. :|

2. This clan is not a development clan! We did not want to come off like that. We're more of a brotherhood than we are a programming clan like vL or fe and such. I (and hopefully other members) feel the clan will live longer if members in it like each other a whole lot and candidacy isn't judged off of extremely good technical computer skills. If one of us can't program very well or has issues with a computer, we don't care at all. If they need help, they'll get help.

The problem with programming clans is that when they become inactive or they start dying, the group of people that want to join is often immensely smaller than the group of people wanting to join a dying clan based on friendship (since, oh say, a members' friend (who could be the most computer illiterate bastard on the planet) could join and be the member that saves the clan from death.) in my opinion.

3. iago as a member of x86? Based off his post count? No. We do not base membership off of posts. IF a member contributes a lot, they are well liked by the clan and would most likely make it in. So, in a sense, if you post good quality posts (quality > quantity) you are more likely to make it into the clan.
4. No. See above.
5. No. This kid sucks balls. I hope he rots in Hell! Err, wait....
6. Nope.
7. Nope.
8. Nope.

I hope that answers your questions. :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 08:44:18 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Ryan Marcus

• Cross Platform.
  • I'm Bono.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 09:07:02 pm »
He does not seem to be on.. I know the guy, I will tell him on Battle.net...

I think he met quality of posts, not post counts, like you said, but I will see him tomorrow.
Thanks, Ryan Marcus

<OG-Trust> I BET YOU GOT A CAR!
<OG-Trust> A JAPANESE CAR!
deadly: Big blue fatass to the rescue!
496620796F75722072656164696E6720746869732C20796F75722061206E6572642E00

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 09:09:30 pm »
You do that. ;)
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 09:10:36 pm »
1. Warrior uses Mac. :P
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 09:13:47 pm »
Regardless of our appointed figurehead, I've always seen iago as our clan's fatherly figure.  To me, he's more of the founding father of x86 than just a member, even if he wasn't the literal founding father of the clan.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 09:15:39 pm »
Yes. Without iago, x86 would not be anywhere near as succesful or big as it is now.

I also want to thank Trust, for without e1- imploding x86 would have never been started! :P :-*
- Newby

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 01:11:23 pm »
I ask how these two sentences add up:
I run a large website.
It has not gone public yet.

Also, who are you to judge which clans are the best? 
I bet that x86 would not care if you rated them the lowest, thier values and brotherhood would still be #1 to the members.
Thats what counts.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 05:01:33 pm »
AMEN BROTHA!

Just kidding.  But yeah, I agree, GameSnake.

While it's kind of neat to see what an external person thinks of our clan, I could really care less if they did or did not like it.  It doesn't really matter to me, it's just interesting to see the thoughts of others.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 05:05:27 pm »
MACS DO NOT SUCK. :(

Okay heres a few answers:

Who is the leader of x86:
Me

What are the rules:
Rules?

Are we a programming clan:
Yes

Is Sidoh lame:
Of course

I hope that answers your questions.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling