Author Topic: Who do you accept?  (Read 6589 times)

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: Who do you accept?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 06:46:51 pm »
Does this clan  contain a compulsive liar? Yes (See above)

Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 08:00:09 pm »
What, 1337 posts doesn't get you free membership!?   :'(
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 10:42:15 am »
Mmk!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 11:42:47 am »
Warrior... you made me cry

*emotear*

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 05:44:57 pm »
Why are we off subject? He asked questions, maybe members could answer him? Kudos if you already have put the time aside to write up an intelligent response.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 05:48:42 pm »
Yes. I'm splitting & deleting useless posts.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 07:36:06 pm »
Why are we off subject? He asked questions, maybe members could answer him? Kudos if you already have put the time aside to write up an intelligent response.
1. Uh, I'm not sure if anybody really likes using a Macintrash.  I'm pretty sure Joe uses PPC (Ubuntu). Other than that, nobody I know of in the clan uses non-x86 boxes (including SPARC and whatnot...)

Does AMD64 / IA-64 / x86-64 count as x86? If not, a few members here more than likely use 64-bit PCs, so I guess they count as non-x86. :|

2. This clan is not a development clan! We did not want to come off like that. We're more of a brotherhood than we are a programming clan like vL or fe and such. I (and hopefully other members) feel the clan will live longer if members in it like each other a whole lot and candidacy isn't judged off of extremely good technical computer skills. If one of us can't program very well or has issues with a computer, we don't care at all. If they need help, they'll get help.

The problem with programming clans is that when they become inactive or they start dying, the group of people that want to join is often immensely smaller than the group of people wanting to join a dying clan based on friendship (since, oh say, a members' friend (who could be the most computer illiterate bastard on the planet) could join and be the member that saves the clan from death.) in my opinion.

3. iago as a member of x86? Based off his post count? No. We do not base membership off of posts. IF a member contributes a lot, they are well liked by the clan and would most likely make it in. So, in a sense, if you post good quality posts (quality > quantity) you are more likely to make it into the clan.
4. No. See above.
5. No. This kid sucks balls. I hope he rots in Hell! Err, wait....
6. Nope.
7. Nope.
8. Nope.

I hope that answers your questions.
Looks like it was anwserd but I am not a member so I get a free speech pass ok? Also I and possibly others think this is stupid.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 03:33:16 pm »
Regardless of our appointed figurehead, I've always seen iago as our clan's fatherly figure.  To me, he's more of the founding father of x86 than just a member, even if he wasn't the literal founding father of the clan.
Love++

But anyway, Newby answered the questions perfectly.  My question is more for the person who started this thread.  Is there really a site? Or is this a maneuver to find out what we think of you?  If that's the only reason, then you're a coward :P

And yes, if we're 2, who is 1?  I know the person who started this is reading this thread, so please answer.

dx

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 03:20:40 am »
Die

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 09:37:23 am »

dx

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2005, 05:59:06 pm »
Clan_Info, Ron, you know I would never wish death upon you :p

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2005, 08:31:47 pm »
Clan_Info, Ron, you know I would never wish death upon you :p

There are plenty of people in the thread that you may have been referring to. 

Offline Clan_Info

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2005, 08:41:32 am »
Yes, there is really a site!

If I wanted to find out what you thought of me, and I wanted to do something like this, I would have done something much smarter,  like made a second account, posted for a while, and posted a what do you think of MEMBER thread...

Overdosed is number one, on useast. Although they are slowly going away. Also, clan sof is getting up there.

Speaking as me (myself, not clan_info), I would have felt completely comfortable posting a "Whats my problem?" or "Critique me!" thread, I just don't because I honestly do not care, and I won't until a large number of people start to hate me ;) (Which might be happing already, but I don't care because they have not told me)

dx

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2005, 06:01:44 pm »
You take things to seriously, jesus, I'm really starting to hate you now! :p