Author Topic: Pamela Anderson Most-Searched Term  (Read 2571 times)

trust

Pamela Anderson Most-Searched Term
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:53:34 pm »
Lycos announced the following information from The Lycos 50 (http://50.lycos.com), a weekly list of the most popular people, places and things web users search for every day.
As Lycos continues the celebration of its 10-year anniversary, today it announced its Lycos 50 list of the top 50 search terms from Sept. 1995 through the week ending Sept. 17, 2005. Lycos was first to market with a weekly countdown of most popular internet search topics, when it introduced The Lycos 50 on Sept. 15, 1999. For a complete list of The Lycos 50 top 50 search terms over the past 10 years, go to The Lycos 50 Daily Report, go to http://50.lycos.com/

The Lycos 50 top 10 search terms from Sept. 1995 through Sept. 2005:

1. Pamela Anderson
2. Dragonball
3. Pokemon
4. Britney Spears
5. WWE
6. Tattoos
7. Las Vegas
8. NFL
9. Sept. 11 Attacks
10. Christmas

Pamela Anderson has been a mainstay on the Lycos Search logs since Lycos first began tracking web search activity. Other web favorites like Dragonball, Pokemon, Britney Spears, Tattoos, Las Vegas, the NFL and the WWE also find themselves on the top 10 list of most- searched terms from 1995 through 2005.
"As we looked back at the most-searched terms over the past 10 years, two stand-out news events, beyond the Sept. 11 Attacks on America, include the OJ Simpson Trial and the death of Princess Diana," said Dean Tsouvalas, writer of The Lycos 50. "Other news events making the top 50 list from 1995 through 2005 include searches for JonBenet Ramsey and John Kennedy, Jr. and Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, as people continue to search for information today based on their enormous global news appeal and conspiracy theories surrounding their deaths," Tsouvalas added.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Pamela-Anderson-Most-Searched-Term-Ever-9097.shtml

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: Pamela Anderson Most-Searched Term
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 02:24:50 am »
Oh yea. That name is infamous, shes like the one good thing that came out of canada.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 04:58:08 am »
Oh yea. That name is infamous, shes like the one good thing that came out of canada.
Hey now, don't go too far.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 06:25:05 am »
Okay, I apologize.

she's not infamous.

Canada knows I love them, As long as they apologize for celine dion.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

trust

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 07:41:52 am »
Look at the top 10 searched items, more than just PA. I mean, especially the top 8, America is doooooooooomed.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 11:05:02 am »
Hey now, don't go too far.
With all the american bashing I have seen lately this is actually very mild, why be a hypocrit?