Author Topic: What happend to the "O RLY" pic?  (Read 6186 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
What happend to the "O RLY" pic?
« on: October 05, 2005, 02:57:04 am »
Does anyone have it?  The one from the WoW forums?  I thought it was posted here recently.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline TheSickEmpire

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: What happend to the "O RLY" pic?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 05:35:09 am »

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:29:31 am »
http://www.hjo3.net/orly/

Google wins.
I really...don't think that's what he meant. :P

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 11:30:29 am »

Google wins.

No it's not, it was the text one, from the WoW forums.

[edit]Found it!

…………………………………….__,,,,,,,---,,,,,,_…………………………………………………………
…………………………_,,,--~’’¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’-,,_………………………………………………….
…………………….,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’~,_……………………………………………
…………………,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,………………………………………
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : :||; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………..
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \…………………….
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|……………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,,_……
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 02:10:17 pm by MyndFyre[x86] »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:11:51 pm »
Ugh, wow.  I can't believe I saw this image again.

It's some "philosophy" dreamed by some crackhead in 1650.  The "old ones..." some race that is infinitely superior to mankind in every way.  What a retard.  It's on an Engorged song ("Reteurn of the Living Dead"):

Old Ones were, the Old Ones are and the Old Ones shall be. From the dark stars They came ere man was born, unseen and loathsome They descended to primal earth. Beneath the oceans They brooded while ages past, till seas gave up the land, whereupon They swarmed forth in Their multitudes and darkness ruled the Earth.

At the frozen Poles They raised mighty cities, and upon high places the temples of Those whome nature owns not and the Gods have cursed.

And the spawn of the Old Ones covered the Earth, and Their children endureth throughout the ages. Ye shantaks of Leng are the work of Their hands, the Ghasts who dwelleth in Zin's primordial vaults know Them as their Lords.

They have fathered the Na-Hag and the Gaunts that ride the Night; Great Cthulhu is Their brother, the shaggoths Their slaves. The Dholes do homage unto Them in the nighted vale of Pnoth and Gugs sing Their praises beneath the peaks of ancient Throk.

They have walked amidst the stars and They have walked the Earth. The City of Irem in the great desert has known Them; Leng in the Cold Waste has seen Their passing, the timeless citadel upon the cloud-vieled heights of unknown Kadath beareth Their mark.

Wantonly the Old Ones trod the ways of darkness and Their blasphemies were great upon the Earth; all creation bowed beneath Their might and knew Them for Their wickedness.

And the Elder Lords opened Their eyes and beheld the abominations of Those that ravaged the Earth. In Their wrath They set their hand against the Old Ones, staying Them in the midst of Their iniquity and casting Them forth from the Earth to the Void beyond the planes where chaos reigns and form abideth not. And the Elder Lords set Their seal upon the Gateway and the power of the Old Ones prevailest not against its might.

Loathsome Cthulhu rose then from the deeps and raged with exceeding great fury against the Earth Guardians. And They bound his venomous claws with potent spells and sealed him up within the City of R'lyeh wherein beneath the waves he shall sleep death's dream until the end of the Aeon.

Beyond the Gate dwell now the Old Ones; not in the spaces known unto men but in the angles betwixt them. Outside Earth's plane They linger and ever awaite the time of Their return; for the Earth has known Them and shall know Them in time yet to come.

And the Old Ones hold foul and formless Azathoth for Their Master abd Abide with Him in the black cavern at the centre of all infinity, where he gnaws ravenously in ultimate chaos amid the mad beating of hidden drums, the tuneless piping of hideous flutes and the ceaseless bellowing of blind idiot gods that shamble and gesture aimlessly for ever.

The soul of Azathoth dwelleth in Yog-sothoth and He shall beckon unto the Old Ones when the stars mark the time of Their coming; for Yog-sothoth is the Gate through which Those of the Void will re-enter. Yog-sothoth knowest the mazes of of time, for all time is one unto Him. He knowest where the Old Ones came forth in time along long past and where They shall come forth again when the cycle returneth.

After day cometh night; man's day shall pass, and They shall rule where They once ruled. As foulness you shall know them and Their accursedness shall stain the Earth.

Fucking nutcase.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 06:15:34 pm »

Google wins.

[edit]Found it!

…………………….,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’~,_……………………………………………
…………………,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,………………………………………
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : :||; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………..
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \…………………….
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|……………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,,_……
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

Rofl.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 06:31:40 pm »
Ugh, wow.  I can't believe I saw this image again.

It's some "philosophy" dreamed by some crackhead in 1650.  The "old ones..." some race that is infinitely superior to mankind in every way.  What a retard.  It's on an Engorged song ("Reteurn of the Living Dead"):

Old Ones were, the Old Ones are and the Old Ones shall be. From the dark stars They came ere man was born, unseen and loathsome They descended to primal earth. Beneath the oceans They brooded while ages past, till seas gave up the land, whereupon They swarmed forth in Their multitudes and darkness ruled the Earth.

At the frozen Poles They raised mighty cities, and upon high places the temples of Those whome nature owns not and the Gods have cursed.

And the spawn of the Old Ones covered the Earth, and Their children endureth throughout the ages. Ye shantaks of Leng are the work of Their hands, the Ghasts who dwelleth in Zin's primordial vaults know Them as their Lords.

They have fathered the Na-Hag and the Gaunts that ride the Night; Great Cthulhu is Their brother, the shaggoths Their slaves. The Dholes do homage unto Them in the nighted vale of Pnoth and Gugs sing Their praises beneath the peaks of ancient Throk.

They have walked amidst the stars and They have walked the Earth. The City of Irem in the great desert has known Them; Leng in the Cold Waste has seen Their passing, the timeless citadel upon the cloud-vieled heights of unknown Kadath beareth Their mark.

Wantonly the Old Ones trod the ways of darkness and Their blasphemies were great upon the Earth; all creation bowed beneath Their might and knew Them for Their wickedness.

And the Elder Lords opened Their eyes and beheld the abominations of Those that ravaged the Earth. In Their wrath They set their hand against the Old Ones, staying Them in the midst of Their iniquity and casting Them forth from the Earth to the Void beyond the planes where chaos reigns and form abideth not. And the Elder Lords set Their seal upon the Gateway and the power of the Old Ones prevailest not against its might.

Loathsome Cthulhu rose then from the deeps and raged with exceeding great fury against the Earth Guardians. And They bound his venomous claws with potent spells and sealed him up within the City of R'lyeh wherein beneath the waves he shall sleep death's dream until the end of the Aeon.

Beyond the Gate dwell now the Old Ones; not in the spaces known unto men but in the angles betwixt them. Outside Earth's plane They linger and ever awaite the time of Their return; for the Earth has known Them and shall know Them in time yet to come.

And the Old Ones hold foul and formless Azathoth for Their Master abd Abide with Him in the black cavern at the centre of all infinity, where he gnaws ravenously in ultimate chaos amid the mad beating of hidden drums, the tuneless piping of hideous flutes and the ceaseless bellowing of blind idiot gods that shamble and gesture aimlessly for ever.

The soul of Azathoth dwelleth in Yog-sothoth and He shall beckon unto the Old Ones when the stars mark the time of Their coming; for Yog-sothoth is the Gate through which Those of the Void will re-enter. Yog-sothoth knowest the mazes of of time, for all time is one unto Him. He knowest where the Old Ones came forth in time along long past and where They shall come forth again when the cycle returneth.

After day cometh night; man's day shall pass, and They shall rule where They once ruled. As foulness you shall know them and Their accursedness shall stain the Earth.

Fucking nutcase.

As soon as I heard "Old Ones" I recognized the reference. 

Howard Phillips Lovecraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovecraft) was a writer in the early 20th century.  He was very much insane, and his stories reflect that.  As his condition worsened, his books became darker and better. 

Cthulhu is an Old One, who lives in R'lyah.  R'lyah is a sunken city under the ocean.  He is "dead but dreaming" (Deicide used that for a song).  One day, he will awaken and cause ripples of insanity to cross the world.  "That is not dead which can eternal lie" (was used in a Metallica song).  Anybody who sees him immediately goes insane because of the monstrous horrors.  I have a stuffed Cthulhu doll sitting on my desk, and he's adorable.  But I assure you, he's normally quite horrible. 

His books revolved around a work known as the Necronomicon (which can be found in The Evil Dead movies), which was written by the Mad Arab Azazal (or something).  Anybody who reads it ends up going insane, because of the horrors contained within. 

I noticed Azathoth was mentioned there, too.  I seem to recall that he's the greatest of the Old Ones, and he's blind, or something.  You can probably find him in Wikipedia. 

For anybody interested, the complete works of H P Lovecraft is available online.  I have several of his books, and love them.  I've played the game Call of Cthulhu, which takes place in the 20's.  You're a detective with very limited weapons, and the monsters will quickly drive you insane just by seeing them or even hearing about them.  The idea of a character going insane goes back at least as far as this game, even though Nintendo recently patented it (it was on slashdot, if you want to search for it). 

Anyway, Lovecraft was a great author :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 06:45:45 pm »
Haha, insanity usually brings uniqueness.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 06:51:14 pm »
I just confirmed a couple things I wrote by reading up:

Azathoth, a fictional godlike being, is referred to in the Weird Tales short stories of H. P. Lovecraft. It is described as both blind and idiotic and is generally considered to be head of the Cthulhu Mythos pantheon.

And:

Much of Lovecraft's work was directly inspired by his nightmares, and it is perhaps this direct insight into the subconscious and its symbolism that helps to account for their continuing resonance and popularity.

Good ol' insanity :)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 06:52:27 pm »

Google wins.

[edit]Found it!

Don't get it.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 06:55:22 pm »

Google wins.

[edit]Found it!

Don't get it.
As far as I can tell, just looks plain funny.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 08:11:45 pm »
Don't get it.
I thought it looked pretty funny.  I wanted it because someone at Redvsblue.com posted this in her journal:

………………………………………………………………………„~“*~,
..........................…………………………………………………..„–“…„/“
…………………………………._„„„„„„„_…………………….„/“……..“*~–„_……….„/“*~„
…………………..._„~”*~~~~**”;;;;;;;;”\„”\„………………...„/“……………..”~„…...„/“...„/“
…………………..|‚~*;;*~~***””;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”~„……………..„/“……„~””~„…...„/”.._„/”……”~„
………………......|;;;;;;;;~*””””””””””””””*\„;;;;”|………….„‹”…….„/”…….”~*”….(”…………”~„
…………………...”–„;;”…………………..);;|………..„/“…….‹;_……………..„/…………….”~„
……………………...}……………………‚{;;}……...„/’„~~„”””*…/”…………..„/…….../”*„……...)
………………………|……………………[~‹„„…„–”*¯...„-„¯…/„…………..‹*”……../”….”\„…„-”
…………...„~*~--„_.{”\„_„/”¯¯¯¯”\--~**”¯..\(„„)/”¯”-„_~~-¯”~/~-²…………„/…….../„_…….”`¯
………..„-”¯……....\.|.¯”*~„___„„~”¯;;_„„-~}./”…….¯*~„~-„.”\‚…………..‚/….;„~-/.../”
……..„-”¯……¯”-„....”¯\„;;:‚|…::;;|‚::”-„{_„-~‚/”………„-~/;;~-„.”\‚………..‚/…../;\„‚/”;/”
…...„/*”¯....¯”*~~-„”*-„..¯”-„|…::;;|‚::;;;_„-~{-„_…..„-”../”;;;;_„_¯}‚…….„-”¯._„…./”_/
…„/”……….__….¯’›;;’|;;:;;¯’\___„‚-~*”„-”*¯”-„*-„-”„„-”;;;;;„/”..”*-”……‚/”„~”¯”~”¯¯¯}
…‚|;;::.._„-*¯”””¯”*~”...|‚……;;;;‚;;;;_„-”¯……-„”--/”¯;;;_„-”…..„-”…...‚/”/”..~-”-„~*”¯¯\‚
….|;;:::.|”/’…..¯”-„……/}„…..._„-~””…._„/”„-*”¯\„;;;_„-”…..„-”¯…...../„;\….”\‚..”~*\„_¯\‚
….|;;;:::|/’………¯”…..’\_„~*”¯……„~”’„-*¯……\-*”…..„-”¯…………’›;‚\_„-”……...¯”/’
….’\„-~””…………._„-*”¯…..”-~*”¯”*”¯…….„-”¯….„-”¯…………„-”¯;;;;;;;…..„/’;;;;„-”
…..{;\‚::;;;;;…..._„-”„/”………”~--------„_:::„-”¯…..„-”~„………...„/”………....„/’;;;„-”
….|”;;;”-„„‚-„_..„/’‚-’/’………::::::¯”¯:::;;;„-”¯\…..„-”\‚…..”-„……..{;;;;:::……„-”;;„-”¯
….|…..;;;;³”\…….|’………:::::::::::;;;„-”¯”\_‚¯”*”.\„_\……\„…._„-”-„;;;::...„-”;„-”
.....|……;;;;;;”-„…|…„„_„-~~~~~~*”„-~*”¯¯”*~-„„„_”\„…..\_„-”„-”...”-„;;„-”;;„/}
…..\……::::::::”-‚_}*”¯::::;;;;;;;;;„-*”¯~”*-‚/„_;;;;;;;…”*\.’*”¯/..„-”…::;;;;”-„„~”./’
…...}”-„_………../…..;;;;;„-~*”¯-”¯¯”~„…„¯”*~--„„__\\„.|…..”›…:::::;;;;;;;„/
…...|;;;;;¯”*~~**”¯”-~”¯¯’¯..„/’¯¯\;;;;;;:...;;;¯¯””*~--„„„_’\|…./”::::::::_::;;;„/
…...|;;;;;;_„„„__„-”¯………/”\…„-”………;:::::::::::::::::::’/}:::::”---””¯¯”*-‚/
…...|;;„-”¯„„„-”……„-”…;;;/”¯..¯’*-‚;;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::::::‚|;;;„-”¯;;;;;;;;;„-”
…...|„/…„/”…..„-*”¯…;;„-”………/‚;;:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|~-”;;;;;;;;;;;„-”
…../”..„-”…„-~”……..;;‚/………..|;;;;;::::::::„-~-„„_:::::::::|;;;;;;;;;;;;„~”
.....{„/”…„-”…………./”……:::::„-”„.\„….„-”;;;;;;;¯\;;;;;;;/”`\„__„--’¯
….|/…„-”………:::::;‚/……„-~„/”;;;”\‚.”--”;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;„-”¯
.....|„-”¯……………‚|’…„-’¯„-”;;;;;;;„”-„_”~-„__„/”./”../’
….‚|’…………::::::::‚|…::\‚-”…:::::::;”-„_¯”*~-„„_„/’../’
…..|::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;|:::„-”…::::::::;;;;;;;;¯”*~-„„-”…/’”\‚
.....‚\::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/..„/……:::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;../’….”-„
…...\„::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;‚/.„/”…::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;../”-„…..”-„
…….”-„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;‚/.„/…:::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;../”-„;”-„…..””*\
……….”~„„__;;;;;/.„/::::……:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;.‚/’;;;;”-„;”~--„„..”-„
……………..¯”’~/.„/:::……:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;‚|;;;;;….”’*~-„¯’\..”\
………………..„/:„/::::……::;;;;;;;__;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;‚|;;;;;;;;;……¯”-„”\‚.”\‚
………………..{„/”::::………„-*”¯„„¯¯””*~-‚_..|;;;;;;;;;;;;;…….”\‚”\„.”\‚
………………..//::;;:::…„-~”¯„-~”¯~--„_”*~„...|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;.........’\‚;’\„.’\‚
………………„/::/„”-„_„„„-~*„¯-”¯;;;;;;;;;;¯”\:‚\¨|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::…..”\‚”\‚.’\‚
………………/:/’..\;;;¯;;;;;„-”¯¯¯¯””””**~--„’\„\‚|;;;;;;_;;;;;;;;;;;::::......’\‚’\..’\‚
…………….‚/-”¯”*-\;;;;„-”¯…………..:::::::::…‚„-””¯.¯¯¯””’*~„_;.....„]/’…’\‚
………….....’\;;;;;;„„~”¯/¯/:::::;;;;;;;;;;;……...„-”¯………...„__.¯”\„-”¯::::….’\‚
………………};„-”¯..‚/”;[’¯:::::::;;;;;„-””¯¯¯‚-”;;;::……….„/¯:::¯”*\.’\‚;;;;::::….’\„
…………….„/”„/’…„/’;;‚}.„-~**””¯‹~„;;;„--”¯;;;;;;:::……..‚/;;;;;;;;;;;;\..\„;;;;;:::..„„‚”\-~””-„
……………{”„/’…‚/’;„-’‚-’¯;;;;‚/…….’-’¯;;;;;;;;;;;;:::::::::::/;;;;;;;„„-~”¯_„\„„-~*”¯¯……..”\‚
……………|„/….”.‚/”.‚/”;;;;;;„/………|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::::„/;;;;;_„„„-~*”¯¯::::::::::::……….’\‚
………….../”….„-”…’|;;;;;;;‚/……….|;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::_„-„„-~*”¯¯::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
…………..{…„-”……|;;;;;;;”…….....|;;_„„„--~~*”¯:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.......:::|
…………../.„-”……../’;;;;_„-”¯””*~-*¯¯¯:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::……:::|
…………./”__„„---~~**””¯:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;\…

<3 ASCII art :D

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 08:40:04 pm »
LoveCraft's picture was used in The FingerTips Project.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 11:27:58 pm »
People have too much time if they're making ASCII Art that complicated.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 11:31:40 pm »
People have too much time if they're making ASCII Art that complicated.
There are generators, deadly... how do you think he got it to look that close to the original image?

http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_owl.jpg

« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:35:41 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 12:13:37 am »
Nice, sidoh.

Tch, tch... you're not allowed to do that.
(Your IP, 172.172.57.162, has been logged.)

On a lighter note, let me see..

EDIT -
Guess it doesn't look better PRE'd =p
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 05:33:31 am »
Set font to Arial.

Offline TheSickEmpire

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 06:05:16 am »

Should've said so then.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 09:24:19 am »
Should've said so then.

Original Post:
Does anyone have it?  The one from the WoW forums?  I thought it was posted here recently.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 10:44:47 am »
Tch, tch... you're not allowed to do that.
(Your IP, 172.172.57.162, has been logged.)
Copy/paste the link into the browser. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 12:01:28 am »
1) I can't remember what exactly I did. =p

2)

3) In case you haven't noticed. I made a big bump. Sorry <3.

EDIT -
Haha, thought I posted something illegal and someone edited my post. I'm such an idiot. =p
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 12:05:05 am by Joe[e2] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.