Author Topic: Windows Server > Linux???  (Read 9018 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Windows Server > Linux???
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 07:56:16 pm »
On-Topic: The fact is, linux is 100x more scalable than Windows. This will be one of the deciding factors in the Google V. Microsoft war. Google can easily, and cheaply scale up and Microsoft will be left in the dust with Windows. It's not as if they can use Linux, that'd be like conceding to the enemy.
Prove it.

He didn't invent BitTorrent, BitTorrent is a cheap nockoff of 0day (not the blackhat bullshit), BitTorrent is a lousy secondary for people who don't want to contribute back to the ripping community.
"0day" is the term given to pirated media that is available prior to its release via leaked copies.  For example, the Longhorn/Vista/whatever software will likely be 0-day'd, because someone, somewhere, will have a retail ISO before it hits store shelves.  Movies are 0-day'd frequently because studios produce DVD discs to send to the Academy and other organizations for review for awards.

And, once stuff is available through places like Warez sites, it quickly gets posted to BT trackers.  Why?  It's simply far more economical on bandwidth to have thousands of users sharing their bandwidth than everyone downloading from 5 or 6 FTP sites.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0day
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Windows Server > Linux???
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 08:02:01 pm »
Incidentally, if "0day" really is a secret underground organization, congratulations on ruining it by revealing its existance.