Author Topic: Microsoft Pays Real  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Pays Real
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 05:51:00 pm »
If they were forced to pay Real because of this, it's obviously a law. If it wasn't a law, Microsoft wouldn't of payed. I also really don't care about proving anything to you.
One company is not going to turn Microsoft into a monopoly. If there is one working alternative, they are not a monopoly.
I never said that, I said is it helps prevent it from happening.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 06:15:19 pm »
Here's something to start with for now, I'll pick out more important information when I have time: http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/antitrust.html
Trusts and monopolies are concentrations of wealth in the hands of a few. Such conglomerations of economic resources are thought to be injurious to the public and individuals because such trusts minimize, if not obliterate normal marketplace competition, and yield undesirable price controls. These, in turn, cause markets to stagnate and sap individual initiative.

To prevent trusts from creating restraints on trade or commerce and reducing competition, Congress passed the Sherman Antitrust Act in 1890. The Sherman Act was designed to maintain economic liberty, and to eliminate restraints on trade and competition.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 06:23:29 pm »
Scr33n0r, I love you. I can't count how many times you've said..
Find [...] and I'll even bother arguing this with you.

Because, I'm not going to argue with someone over something so idiotic when all the person has to go by is what they THINK is what's going on. If you have something for me to go by without making a useless post like you just did, then PM it to me, otherwise, have fun typing things I wont read.