Author Topic: Youth Convention!  (Read 8135 times)

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
Re: Youth Convention!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2005, 07:54:19 pm »
While you were out getting raped by your priest I was competing at a drill meet.

I left with this:

and several of the other teams I was on walked away with trophies. Let us know when you do something cool like this Joe :p
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 08:24:02 pm »
Zorm, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but you seem to have a pretty biased opinion of cool. "When you go out and be all militaryish and win a metal."

I mean, if you like that kind of stuff, thats cool. Go right ahead and do your thing. I personally think this was a lot cooler than going to a drill meet (again, no offence).

Thursday night I was like, so scared, because I'd never been to youth convention before and I had no clue what to expect. It wasn't that much different than a typical Wednesday (yes, Wednesday, not Sunday) night, except streched out over three days, adding 2000 people, and intensifing it x100. Plus we had famous people. But yeah.

Fort Myer's Masters Comission was doing dramas, as you know (if you read). They did a drama to the song Rise (they did it at the very beginning and the very end). It was pretty amazing. They started out at a party, doing drugs and stuff. A girl held a gun (obviously unloaded) to her head (commiting suicide, you know). There were these demon clowns pushing everyone around. Then this one guy was all kinda like "dude thats not cool" and the demon clowns all beat him up. Then Jesus hopped in and was like WHAM, GET AWAY FROM MY SON and then like, I give you the power son, you can take them! Then the demon clowns all charged at the dude and they had some awesome fist-fighting and stuff, looked like he actually hurt them (but clearly didn't, they just got back up). That was *really* awesome.

The first night already, I was like Pastor Craig, I'm coming next year. I can't invite you all to come, but I encourage all of you to get involved with a local youth group (for the youth among us). Then theres iago, but even if he was a youth, he still has an iron will that can not be changed, so eh? =p.

EDIT -
Two things I didn't like, though.
1) They had these giant floodlights, and it seems like they were just out to blind you.
2) Tasha was hunting this weekend. She wasn't there.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2005, 09:36:09 pm »
Actually, pretty much anything is cooler than going to a religious camp.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2005, 10:21:01 pm »
Actually, pretty much anything is cooler than going to a religious camp.
Ding ding ding.

Round over; Zorm wins.

Nobody can convert me either, I'm just that atheist.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2005, 12:10:46 am »
Zorm, wrong. Have you ever been to a Youth Convention? If you haven't, I'd advise you to go before you say that. If you have, I'd advise you to either go to another one because that one really sucked, or go to a counciler. (kidding)

Blaze, if you want to go to hell, thats fine with me. I've pretty much given up on newby too.

'night yall.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 12:12:01 am »
You can change your title to Jesus Freak now.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 07:24:22 am »
You can change your title to Jesus Freak now.

You can change your title to Beleiver now.*

Joe: I've never been to them, but from what I hear from an old friend of mine named Missy, she says it's a bunch of Christian Rock concerts, don't get that confused with metal. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2005, 07:49:18 am »
Shh. Call of Ktulu = Metal. I tried playing that on the drums at church yesterday when we got back. Haha, FAILURE. =p

Good idea, I'll do that when I get home.