Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights...  (Read 8853 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Neverwinter Nights...
« on: November 01, 2005, 10:54:32 am »
Well, I beat it.

I cheated on the final fight, in a way.  There are a few tough enemies with the main boss, but I lured them away and killed them individually.  But they were smoking my ass otherwise, so oh well.  When it came down to fighting the final boss, he/she/it wasn't all that tough. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Neverwinter Nights...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 01:13:01 pm »
Haha, just for fun I took my character through one of the expansion campaigns and slaughtered everything (including friendly people) easily.  Then I quit that. 

I'm wondering if my level 16 character will be balanced if I try to go through the game on the hardest settings.. I have 30 minutes before I have to leave for school, so I'm going to try it out. :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 01:21:27 pm »
Nah, way too easy. 

I wish there was still some difficult gameplay left for my main character, but I'm not sure that there is :-/

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 03:31:34 pm »
You'll stoop low enough to play NWN, but not WoW?
* Blaze sighs *
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 07:29:04 pm »
Absolutely. 

With NWN, I create a character, play for a couple weeks, beat the game, and I'm done.  The game ends, I'm happy, the game is happy, and life is good. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 09:03:33 pm »
I just started Act 3, and I'm about level 12.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 09:40:20 pm »
In Diablo 2, it's normaly level 12-18 to beat act 1, 21-25 to beat act 2, 30 til about act 5, then 40~ should do you well 'til the end of the game, what are the levels like in Neverwinter Nights?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 10:28:20 pm »
Levels are the same as in D&D.  Levels 1-5 are weakish, level 10-12 are getting pretty good, level 15+ are pretty awesome, 20+ are Godly.  I could kill dragons fairly easily at leve 15.  I also beat the boss of the game pretty easily at level 15. 

And 12-18 for act 1? That's insane.  Except the first time I played, I don't think I ever waited till after level 12.  I remember beating act 1 at level 6, act 2 at level 11, and act 3 at level 16 once.  That was back in the days before the expansion.  I had unique items (which, at the time, could be used at level 1) that gave me +6 to all skills (could have had +8 but I could never find SoJ's).  I was a necro, which meant at level 1 I had 7 skeletons, level 2 I had 7 powerful skeletons, and level 6 I had 7 skeletons + 7 skeleton mages.  My friend played a palidan, and had enhancements to his Thorns skill, so all 14 of my skeletons and my golem had thorns.  That made the game extremely easy :-)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 10:45:43 pm »
As one of my friends, Cody of Save and Exit has said, Easy PK.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 11:03:28 pm »
Levels are the same as in D&D.  Levels 1-5 are weakish, level 10-12 are getting pretty good, level 15+ are pretty awesome, 20+ are Godly.  I could kill dragons fairly easily at leve 15.  I also beat the boss of the game pretty easily at level 15. 

And 12-18 for act 1? That's insane.  Except the first time I played, I don't think I ever waited till after level 12.  I remember beating act 1 at level 6, act 2 at level 11, and act 3 at level 16 once.  That was back in the days before the expansion.  I had unique items (which, at the time, could be used at level 1) that gave me +6 to all skills (could have had +8 but I could never find SoJ's).  I was a necro, which meant at level 1 I had 7 skeletons, level 2 I had 7 powerful skeletons, and level 6 I had 7 skeletons + 7 skeleton mages.  My friend played a palidan, and had enhancements to his Thorns skill, so all 14 of my skeletons and my golem had thorns.  That made the game extremely easy :-)
But not for single player...
Currently I pretty much do Act 1 until 11 then rush Act 2 to Act 5. Level in Act 2 until 20. Cow. Baal until you're bored.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 11:20:38 pm »
The only time I've ever played public games was with the intention of PK'ing.  We had some fun with that, back in the day.  It's a great rush doing a hardcore PK when you're level 30 or so going up against somebody of equal strength. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 11:23:22 pm »

But not for single player...
Currently I pretty much do Act 1 until 11 then rush Act 2 to Act 5. Level in Act 2 until 20. Cow. Baal until you're bored.
Worked fine for single player before LoD.  Just don't die and lose all your stuff.  The trick was, before LoD, any level could use uniques, so when your hardcore character died, your next character would inherit all his best items, and would kick ass much faster; of course, that's assuming you're playing with a friend and have corpse loot on, which I almost always did.  The game was much more fun back then, I've come to realize. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 11:29:41 pm »
The only time I've ever played public games was with the intention of PK'ing.  We had some fun with that, back in the day.  It's a great rush doing a hardcore PK when you're level 30 or so going up against somebody of equal strength. 

Well, we used to do 90's PKing against anybody who'll join.  We had made custom hacks for it too, which was fun.  Untill 1.11 came and killed hammerdins. :-\

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 03:53:58 pm »
I've been playing Shadows of the Untertide.  I'm a level 5 druid, and I plan to level up as a "Shifter".  I believe that I now have the prereqs, so next level I should be able to multiclass :-)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 09:55:23 pm »
Bumpage.

I'm in act 3; I just solved the trial && got the snow globe for the bitch.

I'm level 12. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.