Author Topic: Favorite BG  (Read 9228 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Favorite BG
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 02:15:09 am »
You gave the conclusion I merely restated what you said..how is that assuming something?

Games should defy reality to please the user now to distort reality so much it doesn't even make sense. I step on spiders not hit them with axes. Don't know bout' you.

It's an RPG.  RPG's aren't supposed to be worldly.

Secondly, I was talking about your initial argument, which did involve you jumping to a rather incorrect conclusion.  The one implying that I was caught up in the game enough to get upset.  It wasn't the game I was upset over, it was the people I had met in game (and quite a few I had relations with outside of WoW).

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 02:18:51 am »
You gave the conclusion I merely restated what you said..how is that assuming something?

Games should defy reality to please the user now to distort reality so much it doesn't even make sense. I step on spiders not hit them with axes. Don't know bout' you.

It's an RPG. RPG's aren't supposed to be worldly.

Secondly, I was talking about your initial argument, which did involve you jumping to a rather incorrect conclusion. The one implying that I was caught up in the game enough to get upset. It wasn't the game I was upset over, it was the people I had met in game (and quite a few I had relations with outside of WoW).
*coughs* Emily.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 11:28:53 am »
Well you did say you were. Read what you said.

Also the reality you are referring to is one which makes it enjoyable (being in a different world, playing as a mysterious creature, etc..) not ones which defy physics and make simple animals something the lower levels can die from. Just doesn't make sense.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 01:23:19 pm »
Well you did say you were. Read what you said.

Also the reality you are referring to is one which makes it enjoyable (being in a different world, playing as a mysterious creature, etc..) not ones which defy physics and make simple animals something the lower levels can die from. Just doesn't make sense.

You don't think counter-strike defys physics?  I really doubt it's physics engine is accurate.  I've never played a FPS game that has worldly physics engine.  And for the last time, it's an RPG.  It's not supposed to be anything like the real world.  You're too engulfed in the belief that a game has to be realistic in order for it to be fun.  While this opinion may be true for you, I doubt the 5 million that play WoW (and whatever other numbers play 23948239048 games that don't fit your "fun game" criteria) would agree with you.

And no, that's not what I said.  Re-read what I posted:

No, you have no idea.  There were 40 people (some of which I had RL contacts with) that left my raid for other ones because they though they'd be more successful in them.  I wasn't upset over the online game, I was upset over the time I poored into organizing it (including the site I made for them) that went to a useless cause.

(that's meant as a joke, nothing personal there :-*)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 01:41:12 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 03:54:01 pm »
Perhaps you should take a look at what you originally posted instead of quoting something you posted after my post in an attempt to gain even the smallest amount of reason in this.

I think I explained my reasoning on the physics above and you responded with the same so if you can't read no point in repeating myself.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 04:27:40 pm »
Perhaps you should take a look at what you originally posted instead of quoting something you posted after my post in an attempt to gain even the smallest amount of reason in this.

I think I explained my reasoning on the physics above and you responded with the same so if you can't read no point in repeating myself.

No, I think you need to open your eyes and realize that there were many more factors that upset me aside from the game itself.  First of all, I poured at least 20 hours of non-stop work into the script I created for my raid.  It was pretty intricate.  I held meetings, withstood criticism from other members, put up with a few members leaving, recruited new ones and other actions of this nature.

Incidentally, there's no reason to bold parts of your message, especially when they gain no additional value in being highlighted.  :P

I think you should stop assuming I was upset over the game.  I explicitly stated in my post responding to yours that it wasn't the game I was upset over.  It was over my "fallen apart MC raid," which has much more involvement outside of the game than you're obviously assuming.

Here's a reiteration, since you obviously didn't comprehend what I'm attempting to articulate:

No, you have no idea. There were 40 people (some of which I had RL contacts with) that left my raid for other ones because they though they'd be more successful in them. I wasn't upset over the online game, I was upset over the time I poored into organizing it (including the site I made for them) that went to a useless cause.

I responded with an extensive elaboration of your original statement, creating the point that "games that defy physics suck."  You find me a game you play that doesn't defy physics, okay?

You're obviously not a fan of RPG's, because they're all like this.  You kill wolves and giant spiders, it's just how the games are.  If you don't like them, don't play them.  I don't give a shit.  Just don't accuse me of being "too caught up in them" because I was depressed over something that happened to me while it involved game-related events.

Man, and you said that YOU'VE been repeating things! :P

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 06:44:07 pm »
You're repeating things to defend a point which doesn't exist. The point is how do you expect me NOT to make an assumption with little information? You quoted something you said AFTER I said that. Which means you provided no information and it was something you originally said. I really don't see what you don't get.

On the physics issue, I stated I didn't like the physics and you tried to mount an argument and now you are telling me if I don't like them don't play them? Sorta defeats the purpose of your argument but oh well.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 06:58:45 pm »
You're repeating things to defend a point which doesn't exist. The point is how do you expect me NOT to make an assumption with little information? You quoted something you said AFTER I said that. Which means you provided no information and it was something you originally said. I really don't see what you don't get.

No, I'm repeating arguments that I've already made because you're obviously not grasping their concept.  I've posted numerous things (especially in this forum) about how I wouldn't change servers because of this MC raid, and I'm fairly confident I've talked to you about the script I made for it.

I quoted that because you're still arguing your point when I elaborated upon something to further your understanding of why I was depressed about the entire issue.  You did jump to a conclusion.  I stated I was depressed over people abandoning my Molten Core raid.

I don't know if you know this, but an MC raid takes about 60-70 people to succeed (40 people as mains, then another 20-30 for backups/replacements).  That's 70 people that abandoned something I attempted to organize.

Basically, you had the resources to discover this.  You didn't need me to tell you this, but you instead jumped to the conclusion that people leaving my MC raid was a rather insignificant matter and that the only thing to get upset over was entirely involved in the game.

You're arguing that my original statement (which was nearly completely non-argumentative in the first place) didn't contain enough information for you to not jump to a conclusion.  Fine.  Since you want to assume that building personal-level relationships in order for something like this to succeed is completely unessecary, I'll give you that one.  You were uninformed and I appologize for not providing you with enough information to suggest that this is true.

However, you need to stop arguing that I was wrong/stupid to become depressed over such a matter.  I think it's quite easy to do.

On the physics issue, I stated I didn't like the physics and you tried to mount an argument and now you are telling me if I don't like them don't play them? Sorta defeats the purpose of your argument but oh well.

It doesn't defeat the purpose of my argument.  I don't really care if you don't find the nature of WoW valid when you're relating it to the real world, because it shouldn't relate to the real world in any sense when you're using those types of comparisons.  I don't see anyone else complaining that Halo sucks because the covenant doesn't exist in real life.  :P

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 07:01:21 pm »
You type too much  ::)

Anyways RIP AV I miss you so  >:(
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 07:02:45 pm »

It's necessary to argue with someone like Warrior.  He needs to understand my points before he trys to form counter-arguments.  Elaboration is obviously required in this case, so elaboration he gets.  :)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 07:05:45 pm »

It's necessary to argue with someone like Warrior.  He needs to understand my points before he trys to form counter-arguments.  Elaboration is obviously required in this case, so elaboration he gets.  :)

I guess... See if me and warrior get into an argument I usally just say Warrior you suck And I win so I dont know why you have to rant and rave about your point "what ever it was" Just say "Bitch grow some nuts" and people usally dont have anything to say to that dumb of a comment so you win. See what iam saying?
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 07:23:52 pm »
I guess... See if me and warrior get into an argument I usally just say Warrior you suck And I win so I dont know why you have to rant and rave about your point "what ever it was" Just say "Bitch grow some nuts" and people usally dont have anything to say to that dumb of a comment so you win. See what iam saying?

Haha, yeah.  I see what you're saying.  However, that usually implys that you're giving up because you have no further points to prove your argument is correct.  That's why I don't stop ranting until I feel I've won (or I have no additional information to back up my argument).

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 07:25:04 pm »
I wasn't arguing if you were/were not depressed about the game. I was arguing if I had jumped to a conclusion based on the original information which I did not. That's what I've been saying this entire time.

Once again on the physics you missed my point, what you described in halo is imagination (aka races that arn't real) but what I am concerned about is the realism in concept of the game itself. WoW doesn't stray from regular things like Weapons kill things etc.. So why should something (obviously not mutated in anyway) be able to beat even a level one orc with an axe? Shouldn't happen. Get what I'm saying?

@ZeroX: I never argued with you, hell I hardly even know you except from DE. Stop trying to suck up.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 07:30:04 pm »
I wasn't arguing if you were/were not depressed about the game. I was arguing if I had jumped to a conclusion based on the original information which I did not. That's what I've been saying this entire time.

Well, you did jump to a conclusion.  However, it wan't as out of line as my message implied.  I do, however, think you could have asked a few questions (how severe a raid like that breaking up is, how much time did you put into it, etc) in order to avoid jumping to a conclusion.

Once again on the physics you missed my point, what you described in halo is imagination (aka races that arn't real) but what I am concerned about is the realism in concept of the game itself. WoW doesn't stray from regular things like Weapons kill things etc.. So why should something (obviously not mutated in anyway) be able to beat even a level one orc with an axe? Shouldn't happen. Get what I'm saying?

Yes, I see where you're coming from.  However, I don't agree with your conclusion.  Wolves are agile.  They can dodge an attack from an Orc with an axe.  They also have fangs and will bite you with them, causing you damage.  Secondly (and yet another reiterration), wolves in WoW aren't supposed to be like wolves in the real world.  It is, afterall, a fantasy game.  :P

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 07:33:00 pm »
Well when you explained it I just accepted it but tried to defend my original point :P

@Physics issue: I guess so, I just hope game gets more interesting later on.