Author Topic: Favorite BG  (Read 9522 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Favorite BG
« on: November 10, 2005, 01:01:25 pm »
Which BG do you guys like best?

My favorite ATM is probably WSG, just because AB gets old really fast.  The Alliance sucks at leading it.  I've been in a few really fun AB groups, but only when they're lead by someone who knows what they're doing.

I almost triple ranked on my Rogue (Rank 0 (No Rank) -> Rank 3 (Sergeant)), but I missed it by about 1000 honor points :(

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Favorite BG
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 03:24:55 pm »
Arathi Basin.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:22:53 pm »
Nobody on Thunderlord plays WSG anymore, and Alliance is really good at AB.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:03:59 pm »
Nobody on Thunderlord plays WSG anymore, and Alliance is really good at AB.

Hehe, no one really plays WSG on Feathermoon either.  I really do enjoy it, though.  Alliance on Feathermoon is good at AB as long as someone leads it.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 10:28:11 pm »
I'm usually raid leader when I go, and I've never lost.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 10:30:17 pm »
I'm usually raid leader when I go, and I've never lost.

Hehe, I don't think it would be too hard to lead the raid, as long as someone's doing it.  I wouldn't want to do it because I've never taken failure lightly.  I'm still kind of depressed over my fallen-appart MC raid.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 01:44:22 am »
Thats why I quit WoW.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 02:32:51 am »
Thats why I quit WoW.

Because Alliance couldn't lead BG?  That's a really poor reason, if you ask me.  I'm not going to argue with you, though.  :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 06:41:32 am »
Warrior, you quit already? Wtf?

Sidoh: Omg my e-bf dumped me, I'm leaving server k.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 01:50:45 pm »
No, I was making a generalized statement that you guys get depressed over an online game. Nothing should do that to someone, oh well. Also WoW didn't interest me much it was fun but got sorta boring same old Do quest, Get exp, Do quest, Get exp, Level, Do quest, Get exp, Level, etc.. Who the hell spends hours doing that. Christ I'd rather play CS Shoot, Headshot, Knife, Heapshot, Changemap, Headshot,Knife, Shoot, Switch Weapons, Turn hacks on, Speed hack, AIM Bot, Turns hack off, Scoutnivez, headshot, knife, headshot, shoot.

See different stuff.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 02:35:32 pm »
No, I was making a generalized statement that you guys get depressed over an online game. Nothing should do that to someone, oh well. Also WoW didn't interest me much it was fun but got sorta boring same old Do quest, Get exp, Do quest, Get exp, Level, Do quest, Get exp, Level, etc.. Who the hell spends hours doing that. Christ I'd rather play CS Shoot, Headshot, Knife, Heapshot, Changemap, Headshot,Knife, Shoot, Switch Weapons, Turn hacks on, Speed hack, AIM Bot, Turns hack off, Scoutnivez, headshot, knife, headshot, shoot.

See different stuff.

No, you have no idea.  There were 40 people (some of which I had RL contacts with) that left my raid for other ones because they though they'd be more successful in them.  I wasn't upset over the online game, I was upset over the time I poored into organizing it (including the site I made for them) that went to a useless cause.

Don't assume things.

If you think that's all there is to do in WoW, you obviously sucked at the game.  Saying those are the only things in WoW is like saying the only thing you can do in CS is shoot people with guns, which is true in a general sense.

Don't be stupid.  :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »

See different stuff.

No, you have no idea.  There were 40 people (some of which I had RL contacts with) that left my raid for other ones because they though they'd be more successful in them.  I wasn't upset over the online game, I was upset over the time I poored into organizing it (including the site I made for them) that went to a useless cause.

Don't assume things.

If you think that's all there is to do in WoW, you obviously sucked at the game.  Saying those are the only things in WoW is like saying the only thing you can do in CS is shoot people with guns, which is true in a general sense.

Don't be stupid.  :P
Yeah Warrior, god newb. You can sell quilts at discount price, ffs get your facts straight k.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 06:59:30 pm »
How do you expect me not to assume things when you give no further information? Doesn't make sense.

Even if my statement was generalized that's the entire point the reality of the game is a flawed. No wolf should be able to beat an orc with a sword and you shouldn't gain "general" experience from exploring new zones. You should gain intellectual experience to for example cast spells or speak foreign languages not up a level if you're low enough.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 07:06:13 pm »
How do you expect me not to assume things when you give no further information? Doesn't make sense.

Even if my statement was generalized that's the entire point the reality of the game is a flawed. No wolf should be able to beat an orc with a sword and you shouldn't gain "general" experience from exploring new zones. You should gain intellectual experience to for example cast spells or speak foreign languages not up a level if you're low enough.

You jumped to a conclusion.  Your fault, not mine.

Every game has flaws, if you want to look at them as mistakes.  That's the point of a game, to entertain.  To entertain, something usually has to defy reality.  All games that I've played do.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 02:11:55 am »
You gave the conclusion I merely restated what you said..how is that assuming something?

Games should defy reality to please the user now to distort reality so much it doesn't even make sense. I step on spiders not hit them with axes. Don't know bout' you.