Author Topic: Net Speed  (Read 9680 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Net Speed
« on: November 10, 2005, 08:06:46 pm »
I was fooling around on here, and found a link to Screenor's directory, so I started playing around in there and found http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest

Here's what I 'clocked'

[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline RoMi

• x86
  • gg no re
    • View Profile
Re: Net Speed
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 08:41:01 pm »
6.1 here.
-RoMi

Offline Networks

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 08:46:27 pm »
262.3 kilobits per second

Owned! That's value-priced cable for ya!

http://www.zeroforce.net

[16:50:11] Networks:0:32: What will soup bot be like?
[16:50:15] Warrior[x86]:16:-1: soup-like.
[16:50:21] warzofbeta@Lordaeron:0:62: Like god.
[16:50:26] Warrior[x86]:16:-1: Fake?

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:53:29 pm »
600sum kbits/sec

Lame internet.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 08:57:49 pm »
I suck.  :(

448.4 kilobits per second

Communications 448.4 kilobits per second
Storage 54.7 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 18.7 seconds
Subjective rating Not bad

Explain results

Info
Date & time Thursday, November 10, 9:11PM*
Test type IDT4 Free
Connection type ADSL
Region Colorado
Data size 1024KB
IP address 66.28.80.30
Provider

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 09:00:26 pm »
Speed

2.7 megabits per second
Communications 2.7 megabits per second
Storage 327.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 3.1 seconds
Subjective rating Great

Woohoo!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 09:40:50 pm »
2 megabits per second

Communications 2 megabits per second
Storage 248.2 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 4.1 seconds
Subjective rating Great

GROSS.
It was faster like, 2 months ago! :(
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 01:56:41 am »
what can I say, my server tis leet.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 02:57:44 am »
what can I say, my server tis leet.
Go to hell. :P Screenor's just a sexy man.

4.5 :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 03:21:26 am »
It's pretty annoying how they keep rubbing in the fact that it's "free".  I don't care!  And it's annoying how they require Javascript..

Anyway, hah, 417.6kbit.  Funny how the slowest connection is the one hosting the site :)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 03:28:13 am »
It's pretty annoying how they keep rubbing in the fact that it's "free".  I don't care!  And it's annoying how they require Javascript..

Anyway, hah, 417.6kbit.  Funny how the slowest connection is the one hosting the site :)

And annoying. :(

You SHOULD ask Mythix to host you, and stop caring about his bandwidth, sheesh. Trust me, Sidoh and I will still be beating you. :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 03:47:25 am »

You SHOULD ask Mythix to host you, and stop caring about his bandwidth, sheesh. Trust me, Sidoh and I will still be beating you. :P
I don't quite understand what you mean.  This website takes up an insignificant amount of bandwidth, so it's not like it's affecting the total amount. 

That test isn't right, either.  I've frequently clocked my banwidth at 2.88mbit.  I wouldn't be surprised if their server is a large geographical distance from me, or if the paths between me and that server are crappy/congested. 

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 04:29:30 am »

I don't quite understand what you mean.  This website takes up an insignificant amount of bandwidth, so it's not like it's affecting the total amount. 

That test isn't right, either.  I've frequently clocked my banwidth at 2.88mbit.  I wouldn't be surprised if their server is a large geographical distance from me, or if the paths between me and that server are crappy/congested. 
A while back when you were still active on AIM, and we actually talked to eachother frequently, you were talking about bandwidth being why you didn't ask Mythix to host. (IIRC)

And lately the site has been slower then usual, like a easily noticeable amount. Which is why I said that.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 12:26:27 pm »

A while back when you were still active on AIM, and we actually talked to eachother frequently, you were talking about bandwidth being why you didn't ask Mythix to host. (IIRC)

And lately the site has been slower then usual, like a easily noticeable amount. Which is why I said that.
I don't remember saying that.  At the moment, I wouldn't want Mythix to host because it's hard to get in touch with him.  It's not as bad as c0ld, at least. 

And yeah, I think there's something wrong with the computer itself that's slowing it down.  Even over the LAN it's bad.  I'm going to have to investigate..

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 12:52:12 pm »
The odd thing is it's irradically bad.  Sometimes it's fine, but a few minutes later it takes a long time to load a page.

One thing I've noticed is that when I submit a post at times, it'll not do anything for about 30 seconds, then IE will bomb (error).  Since I haven't ever used FireFox on a normal basis, I couldn't tell you how it reacts.

It's only a slight nuciance.  I don't think moving it to dark-wire at this point would be worth the trouble.  Plus, I don't think dark-wire supports addon domains.  :(