Author Topic: Net Speed  (Read 9681 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Net Speed
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 01:03:11 pm »
If anything, I'd give it to Newby to host.  But I prefer keeping it here. 

I'm going to turn off bots for the rest of the day, to see if that's killing the speed.  Let me know if it makes any different. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 01:04:18 pm »

I'm going to turn off bots for the rest of the day, to see if that's killing the speed.  Let me know if it makes any different. 

Migrating forums is never a painless process... it takes forever and you usually end up losing data.  :(  I'd perfer to keep 'em here too, hehe :)

Will do.  :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 01:11:20 pm »

Migrating forums is never a painless process... it takes forever and you usually end up losing data.  :(  I'd perfer to keep 'em here too, hehe :)

Will do.  :)
I've done it before, and it went pretty uneventfully.  But yeah, it's still not fun :)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 02:46:23 pm »
I'd ask xar if I could put it up on my account on slacktech; or give it its own account. But I prefer iago manages it.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 03:09:30 pm »
I get 8-12mbps on that, I'm supposed to be getting 10mbps according to my internet bill.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 03:23:31 pm »
I wouldn't want it on Xar's server.  So yeah, it's good where it is :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 04:39:08 pm »
The odd thing is it's irradically bad.  Sometimes it's fine, but a few minutes later it takes a long time to load a page.

One thing I've noticed is that when I submit a post at times, it'll not do anything for about 30 seconds, then IE will bomb (error).  Since I haven't ever used FireFox on a normal basis, I couldn't tell you how it reacts.

It's only a slight nuciance.  I don't think moving it to dark-wire at this point would be worth the trouble.  Plus, I don't think dark-wire supports addon domains.  :(
Sadly, it doesn't, and I found that out after paying for two years on my domain. -_-

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 04:40:45 pm »
You can mask/set the domain up for redirection, though.  That's what you're doing with your domain.  It works, but not very well.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 04:48:28 pm »
You can mask/set the domain up for redirection, though.  That's what you're doing with your domain.  It works, but not very well.
No kidding. I can't stand it when someone finds something funny on my site, then messages me with the "link", and all it is is 'http://screend-productions.net', then I just prepare for the "Wtf?". *sigh*

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 05:23:55 pm »
If the site doesn't use that much space, I could always host it.. I have like 800mb of space left on my account and I get like 100gb+ of bandwidth monthly.. but eh.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 05:52:01 pm »
No kidding. I can't stand it when someone finds something funny on my site, then messages me with the "link", and all it is is 'http://screend-productions.net', then I just prepare for the "Wtf?". *sigh*
That's because they suck. I do "copy image location" :P
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 02:42:20 am »
That's because they suck. I do "copy image location" :P
You're not understanding my point. :P

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 03:01:54 am »
You can always get a hold of me for hosting iago, I think i gave you my cell# at one point.

Anyways, thanks for the comment about the sexbox. Uh yea. I'm sorta loopy now due to meds but if anyone needs a directory let me know.. You'd laugh at how much space and BW i'm allowed compared to what I actually use.

Database migration is a bitch. But if you have a good server administrator like iago has done here, It really isn't that bad :)
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 04:47:04 am »
You can always get a hold of me for hosting iago, I think i gave you my cell# at one point.

Anyways, thanks for the comment about the sexbox. Uh yea. I'm sorta loopy now due to meds but if anyone needs a directory let me know.. You'd laugh at how much space and BW i'm allowed compared to what I actually use.

Database migration is a bitch. But if you have a good server administrator like iago has done here, It really isn't that bad :)

I can do WAY better with your bandwidth if you let me..

iago: Please PLEASE let Mythix host you, it'll be so much faster!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 04:48:55 am by Scr33n0r »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 12:54:58 pm »

I don't remember getting your cell, but that doesn't mean anything, really.  It's probably in my phone, but my phone is broke (well, battery is dead, close enough). 

And while we're talking, when does my domain expire?  And can you make sure it gets renewed?  I'll send you the money to renew it if you want :)