Author Topic: MySpace creates own record label  (Read 12305 times)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: MySpace creates own record label
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 08:17:33 pm »
It's launched the careers of quite a few groups in the past few years, including Fall Out Boy, My chemical Romance, Reliaent K, and some band called Silverstein.

God damnit.

FUCK YOU MYSPACE

Fucking spawning these emo faggots. (No offense, Krazed. You're a cool emo <3).

You realize that Fall Out Boy and SilverStein are both Indie Rock and Alternative, and NOT emo?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 08:28:13 pm »
Silverstein is pretty fucking emo. Stop defending your love for them. :)

On a side note, this quote was taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_Out_Boy

Unreleased Tracks

1. I Liked You a Whole Lot Better Before You Became a Fucking MySpace Whore (Snitchers and Talkers Get Stitches and Walkers)
   2. Hand of God (World Cup 1986)
   3. Patrick Being Weird (Hidden Track)
   4. We Don't Take Hits, We Write Them
   5. Star 67/Intro
   6. Austin, We Have A Problem
   7. Fellowship Of The Nerd
   8. You Can't Spell STAR Without A&R
   9. The Music or The Misery

Hahaha. Brilliant.

So, technically, Sidoh is right. MySpace is giving emo kids a place on the internet to pout and whine about their lives. Fuck you MySpace:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 08:31:30 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 08:43:16 pm »
I never said I listened to them, or liked them (besides their cover for The Police on a tribute album), but I don't think Fall Out Boy is emo. Sure they use MySpace, but do you hate everyone who has one?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 08:45:48 pm »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 08:49:46 pm »
I never said I listened to them, or liked them (besides their cover for The Police on a tribute album), but I don't think Fall Out Boy is emo. Sure they use MySpace, but do you hate everyone who has one?

No.

I hate them for the same reason you hate the iPod. It's popular, and there are much much better alternatives; yet no one uses them as much!
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 09:20:46 pm »

No.

I hate them for the same reason you hate the iPod. It's popular, and there are much much better alternatives; yet no one uses them as much!

Yeah, but it's a fine networking tool for bands as such, emo or not.

I dislike MySpace for different reasons than I dislike the iPod.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2005, 09:23:45 pm »
Yeah, but it's a fine networking tool for bands as such, emo or not.

Just as the iPod is a fine media player, alternatives or not.
- Newby

trust

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 05:46:07 am »
iago doesn't deny it!

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 06:50:24 am »
Ugh..I thought MySpace was home of the emo's..Not home of G-Unit.
Hahaha when I first saw the thread title I thought "Emo Records".  :P
Yeah. :P Exact same here.

I mean, I honestly don't mind MySpace, I have some extremely good friends who have them, and are really in no way emo from as far as I've seen. The way I look at it is, either they come here or they stay there, I vote for they stay there.

As an addition: Bands like Fall Out Boy are why I'm NOT buying the new Tony Hawk game, if I could add my own music to it, I'd buy, otherwise I don't want to hear all those punks ruin my oldies.

trust

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2005, 04:30:12 pm »
@Scr33n0r: 50 cent said when interviewed about his game that most people turn off the game sound and turn on their own music when they play games (that's why he added a kickass, in his opinion, soundtrack to the game)

The point of this is: buy the game, turn off the sound, turn on your own CD.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 06:34:53 pm »
@Scr33n0r: 50 cent said when interviewed about his game that most people turn off the game sound and turn on their own music when they play games (that's why he added a kickass, in his opinion, soundtrack to the game)

The point of this is: buy the game, turn off the sound, turn on your own CD.
Didn't know they made cool games about guys who got shot.

"So our story begins with this dude walking down the street, he got shot, you need to play as the man getting the bullets out of him."

Hrm, but anyways, the game apparently is to have a lot of talking/skits and such, I'd like to hear them, not continuesly switch back and forth, the least they could do is make a decent soundtrack, possibly get some advice from the people who make GTA, I've never had a problem with those soundtracks, infact, not many have.

trust

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2005, 06:54:14 pm »
The GTA soundtracks get repetitive.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2005, 06:58:46 pm »
And he plans to go places with them (Defcon) or let them come to him.
I've made it quite clear that i'm not going to do anything with anybody till they're 18.  Once they're 18 it's not molesting children anymore, it's just the legal kind of creepy!

And addresses.
Shit, I need to mail that thing to Newby.  I keep forgetting. :(

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2005, 07:07:02 pm »
I've made it quite clear that i'm not going to do anything with anybody till they're 18. Once they're 18 it's not molesting children anymore, it's just the legal kind of creepy!

You're disgusting.

trust

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2005, 08:26:21 pm »
I've made it quite clear that i'm not going to do anything with anybody till they're 18.  Once they're 18 it's not molesting children anymore, it's just the legal kind of creepy!

Lies! When we were discussing Defcon over the summer (last summer, maybe this spring? Dunno.) Anyway, the plan was to get Newby to come too since he's so close...but he'd only be 17. :)