Author Topic: MySpace creates own record label  (Read 12387 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
MySpace creates own record label
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:25:06 am »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
Re: MySpace creates own record label
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 04:53:24 am »
Ugh..I thought MySpace was home of the emo's..Not home of G-Unit.

Although I guess there isn't THAT much of a difference? :-\

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 02:07:47 pm »
G-Unit sucks. 

And actually, I think it's a great idea.  It's like making the .xxx domain: it helps me sort out the crap. :)

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 02:21:55 pm »
Well if its anything like the website it will be poorly run and find itself bankrupt in a very short time.

On a side note, I'm rather surprised someone hasn't come out with a better social networking site than myspace yet. Its really quite a large market and a superb site would easily run circles around myspace.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 02:44:44 pm »
There are actually multiple networking sites, one of the other more popular being Facebook, which is focused more towards college students.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 04:30:49 pm »
Doesn't anyone realize that (in conjuction to http://www.x86labs.org/forum/index.php/topic,1928.0.html), Fox is using the "MySpace" name to get all of the kiddies to buy from their already-established record labels?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

trust

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 04:52:53 pm »
There are actually multiple networking sites, one of the other more popular being Facebook, which is focused more towards college students.

But facebook has the highschool version (which is becoming more popular, I was the 2nd at my school to have it, and now a lot of people do) which was made to compete with MySpace.

Though, MySpace obviously has a hold on a larger market share - that's why it sold for so much money! People are obsessed with that, for real, all MySpace needs to do is post a bulletin saying "Tom says if you continue to breathe he will delete your MySpace account" and all the troubles would be solved. :)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 05:15:03 pm »
Sadly, I have a myspace, and even more sadly, I now automatically type "myspace.com" when I open my browser  :'(
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 05:16:17 pm »
Sadly, I have a myspace, and even more sadly, I now automatically type "myspace.com" when I open my browser :'(

Help me haxor tom and have myspace domination.

http://www.myspace.com/zerogamer

I will give you adminship once I succed.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 05:17:12 pm »
Sadly, I have a myspace, and even more sadly, I now automatically type "myspace.com" when I open my browser  :'(

Haha, fag.  Hehe, just kidding.  I think we all have an online journal of some sort.  At least something that we post major happenings in our lives, this forum included.  I use my website as a sort of myspace, but I don't call it a blog.  I suppose it could be considered one, but it has more content than just an online journal.  I personally hate myspace and think it's stupid, but I suppose the emo's have to have someone to tell everyone their lives suck.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 05:20:20 pm »

Haha, fag.  Hehe, just kidding.  I think we all have an online journal of some sort.  At least something that we post major happenings in our lives, this forum included.  I use my website as a sort of myspace, but I don't call it a blog.  I suppose it could be considered one, but it has more content than just an online journal.  I personally hate myspace and think it's stupid, but I suppose the emo's have to have someone to tell everyone their lives suck.

Iam so emo I bash my nails with hammers, so the pain stops.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

trust

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 05:20:27 pm »
I have MySpace and Facebook, but I'm not a whore on either.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 05:50:11 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the most dangerous things on the Internet?  I mean, parents/schools/etc. bend over backwards trying to stop kids from posting real name/where they live/where they go to school/pictures/age/etc. online, then MySpace tells kids to do exactly that, and they do.  It seems like it would be an extremely fertile breeding ground for child molesters. 

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 05:53:07 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the most dangerous things on the Internet?  I mean, parents/schools/etc. bend over backwards trying to stop kids from posting real name/where they live/where they go to school/pictures/age/etc. online, then MySpace tells kids to do exactly that, and they do.  It seems like it would be an extremely fertile breeding ground for child molesters. 

Another super sexy quote but my number one candian.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 05:55:30 pm »

I suppose that's true.  I still am pretty weary about posting my real name in too many places, but I really don't worry about it much.  There are other things that have existed for a lot longer than MySpace (in larger dominantion, anyway) that have encouraged the same thing, though.  MSN/Yahoo profiles being one of them I can think of off of the top of my head.  I suppose there are other similar services on the internet thaht exist outside these two entities, but those are those most two prominant ones I can think of.