Author Topic: My New Signature...  (Read 9353 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
My New Signature...
« on: November 13, 2005, 04:40:23 pm »
I hope you all like it.

:-*

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: My New Signature...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 04:43:34 pm »
lol...noice
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 05:17:42 pm »
Needs more boobs. But 7/10  8)
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 05:52:56 pm »
I tried using IE a couple days ago on my friend's new computer.  It kept crashing, so I was forced to install Firefox.  It would crash every time I went to http://www.sysinternals.com/FileAndDiskUtilities.html.  It pissed me off.  The computer is less than a month old, and IE is already completely shot by spyware.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:00:10 pm »
I tried using IE a couple days ago on my friend's new computer.  It kept crashing, so I was forced to install Firefox.  It would crash every time I went to http://www.sysinternals.com/FileAndDiskUtilities.html.  It pissed me off.  The computer is less than a month old, and IE is already completely shot by spyware.

I think it's funny how people who hate IE tend to find it so glitchy (to the point that it's impossible to use).  I will fully agree that it's by far the most unstable web browser (that is used in large, anyway), but I only find it crashing in a few rare cases (it actually crashes a few times a day on this site when it has problems getting fast replies from iago's computer after I post, but it's something I bare with).

Firefox bugs me more than IE.  I don't like the way it loads/renders pages, it's just unnatural to me (entirely because I've used IE for my entire life).  Plus, there are a few things that I don't like about it.  It doesn't support DirectX (which is obviously both good and bad, but more bad IMO) and it doesn't possess some of the other "bells and whistles" that IE has.

Anyway, I recognize that FF is probably a much better browser than IE, but I just don't like the way it runs.  Since I have very few problems with IE infecting my computer with Spyware/Malware/etc, I don't mind the instability.

And this signature is supposed to be a joke.  If you click on it and visit the site that I got the image from, you'll see that it's entirely making fun of IE and Microsoft.  I just thought it was funny, hehe.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:01:44 pm by Sidoh »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:03:35 pm »

I think it's funny how people who hate IE tend to find it so glitchy (to the point that it's impossible to use).  I will fully agree that it's by far the most unstable web browser (that is used in large, anyway), but I only find it crashing in a few rare cases (it actually crashes a few times a day on this site when it has problems getting fast replies from iago's computer after I post, but it's something I bare with).

Firefox bugs me more than IE.  I don't like the way it loads/renders pages, it's just unnatural to me (entirely because I've used IE for my entire life).  Plus, there are a few things that I don't like about it.  It doesn't support DirectX (which is obviously both good and bad, but more bad IMO) and it doesn't possess some of the other "bells and whistles" that IE has.

Anyway, I recognize that FF is probably a much better browser than IE, but I just don't like the way it runs.  Since I have very few problems with IE infecting my computer with Spyware/Malware/etc, I don't mind the instability.

And this signature is supposed to be a joke.  If you click on it and visit the site that I got the image from, you'll see that it's entirely making fun of IE and Microsoft.  I just thought it was funny, hehe.
Haha, I totally don't support DirectX, and I'd rather see people not be able to use it rather than having to just hit "ok" to infect themselves. 

But even on my install, which I never use, it locks up and crashes extremely frequently.  And that's basically a fresh/updated Windows install.  I have no clue why *shrug*

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:06:03 pm »
Haha, I totally don't support DirectX, and I'd rather see people not be able to use it rather than having to just hit "ok" to infect themselves. 

But even on my install, which I never use, it locks up and crashes extremely frequently.  And that's basically a fresh/updated Windows install.  I have no clue why *shrug*
Hehe, yeah.  That is a very negative thing.  I really wish they would have some documentation that would be required for users to read, but I guess they just say "hey, it's your problem you're uninformed.  get over it."  That's Microsoft for you.  I'm not saying I support it, I think it's stupid.  Clicking "OK" and getting your computer infected with a bunch of malicious software is pretty bad.

Haha, that's pretty funny.  I actually rarely have problems with IE, I really don't know why other people do.  Maybe my computer just <3's IE! :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 06:16:40 pm »
Everytime I use a computer with IE, spyware always seems to creap in.  I used to love IE, and hate firefox, untill I forced myself to use it for a week, I've never went back.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 06:20:02 pm »
Everytime I use a computer with IE, spyware always seems to creap in.  I used to love IE, and hate firefox, untill I forced myself to use it for a week, I've never went back.

I don't necessarily hate Firefox, I just don't like using it.  I'm comfortable with IE and don't have great issues with the major problems it entails, so I continue to use it.  I've tried to force myself to use Firefox several times, but I've failed each time.  :(

Well, since I'm obviously such a loser for using Internet Explorer (T_T), I'm going to try using Firefox once more.  I've just set it to my default browser.  I can't gaurentee success, but I sure will try! :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:23:04 pm by Sidoh »

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 06:25:59 pm »
everytime I use IE. I always seem to shortkey Ctrl T for new tab that pisses me off in itself.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 06:31:55 pm »
everytime I use IE. I always seem to shortkey Ctrl T for new tab that pisses me off in itself.

Haha, I'm so used to living without tabbed browsing that I'm used to it.  It would be something that would make a nice addition to IE, though.  I wish they'd ad it.  Stupid Microsoft...

Additionally, I thought I should post these things:

XoftSpy Spyware Scan (With most recent definition files, of course)

Hijack This log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:43:48 PM, on 11/13/2005
Platform: Windows XP  (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\FRAPS\FRAPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WISPTIS.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\sidoh\My Documents\0 - Programming\0 - VisualBasic\MP3Update\mp3update.exe
C:\Program Files\Teamspeak2_RC2\TeamSpeak.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rsvp.exe
C:\Program Files\XoftSpy\XoftSpy.exe
C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Pro\wsftpgui.exe
C:\hijackthis\hijackthis.exe

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\System32\wnhgkg\csrss.exe
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\System32\wnhgkg\csrss.exe
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Zend Studio - {95188727-288F-4581-A48D-EAB3BD027314} - C:\Program Files\Zend\ZendStudioClient-4.0.2\bin\ZendIEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mappings] C:\Documents and Settings\sidoh\Desktop\mappings.bat
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Fraps] C:\PROGRAM FILES\FRAPS\FRAPS.EXE
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: csrss.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Zend Studio Toolbar - {A26ABCF0-1C8F-46e7-A67C-0489DC21B9CC} - C:\Program Files\Zend\ZendStudioClient-4.0.2\bin\ZendIEToolbar.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Zend Studio - {A26ABCF0-1C8F-46e7-A67C-0489DC21B9CC} - C:\Program Files\Zend\ZendStudioClient-4.0.2\bin\ZendIEToolbar.dll
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1124350449935
O16 - DPF: {9059F30F-4EB1-4BD2-9FDC-36F43A218F4A} (Microsoft RDP Client Control (redist)) - https://10.0.0.15:8098/tsweb/msrdp.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{013A9891-7863-4297-B19D-2F4F7B51E74C}: NameServer = 10.0.0.2
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E2E20DC8-F7AB-479B-9A71-2A0F8203DD8C}: NameServer = 10.0.0.2
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{013A9891-7863-4297-B19D-2F4F7B51E74C}: NameServer = 10.0.0.2
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{013A9891-7863-4297-B19D-2F4F7B51E74C}: NameServer = 10.0.0.2
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: iexplore - 32gre.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe

As you can see, the only things it found (other than a few malicious registry entries and some tracking cookies) were things I actually wanted IE to have, such as the google toolbar, zend studio addons, nameserver changes (yes, my computer's statically addressed), etc.  This is all with about two or three months of no spyware removals/scans.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 07:26:20 pm »
I've just set it to my default browser.  I can't gaurentee success, but I sure will try! :)
You fucking hate yourself! HA HA!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 07:33:24 pm »
You fucking hate yourself! HA HA!

Haha, I was waiting for someone to post that.  :)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 07:39:36 pm »
Don't you mean ActiveX and not DirectX, Sidoh/iago? I have never heard of DirectX damaging someone's computer, but I have heard of ActiveX doing so.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 07:41:14 pm »
Don't you mean ActiveX and not DirectX, Sidoh/iago? I have never heard of DirectX damaging someone's computer, but I have heard of ActiveX doing so.

Haha, yep.  I've been doing Physics homework all day.  My brain isn't working very well right now.  :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 09:26:36 pm »

Haha, yep.  I've been doing Physics homework all day.  My brain isn't working very well right now.  :)

Yeah, I was repeating what Sidoh said without really thinking.  Oops! :)

If IE DID support DirectX, that would be even worse.  Who wants that kind of stuff in a web browser? :)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 09:35:22 pm »

Yeah, I was repeating what Sidoh said without really thinking.  Oops! :)

If IE DID support DirectX, that would be even worse.  Who wants that kind of stuff in a web browser? :)
Yeah, that would be almost as bad as if browsers supported something like flash.

Oh, wait...
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 10:38:58 pm »
I'm still using Firefox! :O

I'm definitely not completely adjusted to it, but I'm not minding it as much as I originally thought I would have.  It's probably the fact Ergot was making fun of me last night. T_T

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 10:43:42 pm »
I use IE when I test to see if webpages work well in both browsers, along with other settings.

You fucking love me.

[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 10:52:10 pm »
I do believe that was the image on the stealthbot.net forums that made me switch.   <3 Quik

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 10:53:41 pm »
I like how IE renders pages it seems so seamless and wonderful. Followed by millions of popups and smoke coming out of my computer.
Ah the glory that is MSIE. *sigh*
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 11:03:14 pm »
I like how IE renders pages it seems so seamless and wonderful. Followed by millions of popups and smoke coming out of my computer.
Ah the glory that is MSIE. *sigh*

I just opened IE.  I'm still waiting for the popups and smoke you're talking about.  ^_^

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 11:09:28 pm »
I remembered another good reason to use IE, automatic updates! :)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 11:12:32 pm »
I remembered another good reason to use IE, automatic updates! :)
Mmm Beta2 owns you.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline xex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 11:14:21 pm »
IMO, IE can only be good if you don't get any spyware/adware.
Shadow Legion @ USeast
http://shadowlegion.org

c:\xex

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 02:24:58 am »

That usually points to a dysfunctional user.

Everynight I scan for spyware.  Never comes up.  When I thought I had a virus on my laptop it turns out that it was being funky because Winzip had been configured to run over the network and it was seeking an absent network path. 

I don't have popup problems.

I don't even have a virus scanner on my computer.  I just go to TrendMicro housecall once a month or so.

So if you have problems with IE, it's because you're too newb to configure your computer to be secure.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 02:36:49 am »
Or just pick the wrong websites to go to.

Everynight I scan for spyware. Never comes up. When I thought I had a virus on my laptop it turns out that it was being funky because Winzip had been configured to run over the network and it was seeking an absent network path.

I don't even have a virus scanner on my computer. I just go to TrendMicro housecall once a month or so.

So if you have problems with IE, it's because you're too newb to configure your computer to be secure.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 04:40:24 am »
I've been a FireFox user for about 6-7 months now, and I can't stand IE honestly, the only time I use it is for YTMND links Blaze likes to send me, and I can't make myself not look at them. ( -____- )

The only reason I switched to FireFox in the first place was iago, and that will probably be the most of the reason. I've always looked up to him, so when he told me to try it it was like...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 09:18:06 am »

Everynight I scan for spyware.  Never comes up.  When I thought I had a virus on my laptop it turns out that it was being funky because Winzip had been configured to run over the network and it was seeking an absent network path. 

I don't even have a virus scanner on my computer.  I just go to TrendMicro housecall once a month or so.

My thoughts exactly! :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 12:51:40 pm »

Ok, what do you suggest?  She's obviously not going to learn not to press "yes" to ActiveX (or DirectX, if our plans here go through...), so what's next? 

I also like FireFox's plugin stuff.  Like the weather, mouse gestures, web development (editing .css while viewing pages is sweet), not to mention Adblock and a whole lot of other little ones.  Although, since I  last reinstalled Linux (when I got rid of Windows partition and gave more harddrive to /home), I havne't bothered getting any extensions.  ohwell :)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 11:29:52 am »
Ok, what do you suggest?  She's obviously not going to learn not to press "yes" to ActiveX (or DirectX, if our plans here go through...), so what's next? 
Then she's broken.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 08:40:13 pm »

You all might want to listen very carefully. I have not done this for a long time past, nor will I do it again for a long time in the future:  say Microsoft did something right.

<praise target="microsoft">
Yup. They clearly tell you how risky ActiveX controls can be (I think its a little overdone, actually) and ask you if you're absolutely sure you want to run it before it actually does.
</praise>

<slit target="throat" />
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.