Author Topic: Thanks Canada  (Read 7000 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Thanks Canada
« on: November 18, 2005, 08:45:15 pm »
In short: Labatt Blue canadian import beer is now my favorite beer, Canadians make good beer
So I was at the store the other day to buy some beer for some friends and myself.
I was looking around and noticed the import section, imported beer I thought.. ok I'll try it!

So I picked up a case of Labatt Blue from Canada, we all agreed this beer had the best full bodied taste we've ever had!

Coming from a person in a city with a wide range of beer, saying an import beer is better then the stuff made here is saying ALOT.

So now my beer choice is Labatt Blue, thanks Canada.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Thanks Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:40:03 pm »
Haha, most people here hate Labatt Blue.  They call it "Skunky".  But apparently it's the best selling beer worldwide, so eh?  Blue is the first type of beer I ever drank more than a sip of. :-o

By the way, everybody already knows that Canadian beer owns :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 04:52:02 am »
When I go to manitoba, its like all you guys have, I've had it so much I hate it. :(
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 10:15:24 am »
Beer sucks. It tastes bad AND takes too much to get drunk, boo!
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 11:19:13 am »
You have obviously never tried more than a sip of beer. You learn to love the taste once you find the right brand, and beer as an intoxicant is MUCH easier to controll than lets say Tequila or Whiskey.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 12:13:36 pm »
I agree with Hitmen.  Beer is nasty. :)

At least to me, anyway.  I've found that every beer I've tried has had the same (gross) taste, I've noticed no difference.  Plus, if you get drunk on beer, you spend half the time pee'ing, which is just annoying. 

But that's just an opinion, really. 

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 06:27:58 pm »
Well sure at first it is bitter, but a ice cold light beer has almost no taste for you newb drinkers out there. Me? Personally I really love the taste of a full bodied beer. And yes I agree the pissing part does suck but hey did you know 1 shot of tequila will make you piss the same as 2 beers?

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 06:49:47 pm »
Well sure at first it is bitter, but a ice cold light beer has almost no taste for you newb drinkers out there. Me? Personally I really love the taste of a full bodied beer.
Great. Well I don't like it at all. Beer, light beer, caffeinated beer, imports, smaller local breweries, I've had it all, I don't like it, and I only ever drank it when it was the only option to get drunk (though caffeinated beer was kindof cool) :)

And yes I agree the pissing part does suck but hey did you know 1 shot of tequila will make you piss the same as 2 beers?
Kinda. Alcohol is a diuretic so it makes you piss a lot no matter what, but beer gives you a hell of a lot more liquid to get rid of.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 05:18:44 am »
And yes I agree the pissing part does suck but hey did you know 1 shot of tequila will make you piss the same as 2 beers?
Kinda. Alcohol is a diuretic so it makes you piss a lot no matter what, but beer gives you a hell of a lot more liquid to get rid of.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was going to say. 

People don't realize that beer (any alcohol) will dehydrate you more than it will hydrate you.  So drinking during a sporting event or concert where you're losing a lot of liquid from perspiration is a very dangerous.  But then people get thirstier, and drink more beer, and get more dehydrated..

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 04:28:54 pm »
Beer is gross, I get called a "Nancy" by my buddies brother because I'd rather have something that tastes good and gets you drunk -.^
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 06:26:53 pm »
DESCRIPTION #
Diuretic Effect: Alcohol is a diuretic that blocks vasopressin (Anti-Diuretic Hormone) from regulating the osmotic gradient of the blood, therefore it is not the overall amount of fluids, but the total alcohol content that affects urination frequency (i.e. one pint of ale will make you piss as much as a good-sized shot of hard alcohol).
Source: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/alcohol/alcohol_effects.shtml

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 06:27:50 pm »
Beer always tastes good when you know your gonna feel good. :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 06:47:27 pm »
DESCRIPTION #
Diuretic Effect: Alcohol is a diuretic that blocks vasopressin (Anti-Diuretic Hormone) from regulating the osmotic gradient of the blood, therefore it is not the overall amount of fluids, but the total alcohol content that affects urination frequency (i.e. one pint of ale will make you piss as much as a good-sized shot of hard alcohol).
Source: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/alcohol/alcohol_effects.shtml
Yeah, we all agree with that.  However, if all you drink is 6 shots, that's probably good for one trip to the bathroom.  However, if you drink 6 beers, that's enough for 2 or 3 trips to the bathroom. 

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 07:13:12 pm »
Uhuh, not arguing against that. Just wanted to point that out. Anyway iago if you ever get into beer your in the right country ;)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 12:15:09 am »
Beer may be nasty at first, but it's not hard to get a taste for. I personally like being drunk off of beer better than hard alcohol, especially after the time I almost got alcohol poisening because I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was drinking. :(
Hitmen: art is gay