Author Topic: Harry Potter 4 uses SC sounds?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Harry Potter 4 uses SC sounds?
« on: March 10, 2006, 04:45:04 pm »
This is probably a huge coincidence, but I noticed yesterday that the sound of the Death Eater's firebolts hitting the tents at the Quidditch World Cup sounded awfully like the Protoss Zealoth's warpblades.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Harry Potter 4 uses SC sounds?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 05:01:41 pm »
I'm sure they didn't steal it, they just made a new sound, that sounds the same.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »
The mere thought of Harry Potter makes me want to sever my limbs and live life as a torso.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:51:41 pm »
Harry Potter is terrible.  I regret the day I read the first book, because now I won't be at ease until I finish the 7th book.  Not because the story's interesting (wow, wizards and witches: that's new!!) but because I'm the kind of person that hates quitting things after they've been started.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 06:28:53 pm »
The story isn't interesting at first, but once you get into it and know the characters, its more than "There are wizards and witches. One got evil and killed a bunch of people. We need to kill him back."
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 06:58:02 pm »
The story isn't interesting at first, but once you get into it and know the characters, its more than "There are wizards and witches. One got evil and killed a bunch of people. We need to kill him back."

The mere thought of Harry Potter makes me want to sever my limbs and live life as a torso.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »
Joe, I've read all 6 books.  I have a pretty good handle on the story.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 11:36:45 pm »
This is what my friend Umar, has to say about the story:

Brown Man Review-Harry Potter

A book is a form of entertainment, and www.dictionary.com defines the word entertainment as " Something that amuses, pleases, or diverts, especially a performance or show." Ever since the third book this series has provided nothing amusing, pleasing or distraction...actually I change my mind. This book did provide countless hours of distraction where I did everything within my mortal powers to make fun of anyone who still continues to believe these books are good. So far I have read every Harry Potter book that has been released, but I did not waste my time with the garbage known as Quidditch through the ages. I realize it was for charity but I’d feel more comfortable by giving money and knowing that it is helping someone instead of giving money and receiving perhaps the most useless piece of writing available to humanity.

First of all we have Voldemort, an old, washed up wizard who can kill countless numbers of witches and wizards but does not have the ability to kill a little drooling brat. So far every year except for the third year, this big and bad wizard sends his little puppets to do his dirty work and every year the little brat manages to come back at them with some crazy kung-fu magic. Seriously, if he wants to kill the boy that badly all he has to do is wait till Harry is sleeping, get into the castle (which from what I’ve seen throughout the books, isn’t very hard at all) and then slice the child’s throat. The only thing that Harry has protecting him is “love” and I doubt love can stop an unforgivable curse hitting him right in his forehead. I could rant about how Dumbledore deserves to die, how Harry is a wuss, how Hermione should get a life…but that would take up too much of my precious life.

So instead I will rant about the newest installment of the series, but I will leave out spoilers so I don’t have n00bs chasing me around everywhere I go. This new book is pathetic! If I took all the parts of the book where they were either making out, talking about going out with someone or interrogating someone about who their going out with, I think I could get a good 100 pages out of it. I understand that their getting older but still, they go through something like 10 different boyfriends/girlfriends until the end of the book. What happened to Ginny in the book? She turned into a sl…a very inappropriate person, and Ron…I won’t even get into what he does in the book. Harry Potter: The Half-blooded Prince was about 600 pages long…and I though it could have been at least a bit better with an extra 400 pages. This book had about as much detail as a drunken 10 year old would put in. This book needed to spend more time in Harry’s classes, more time with Harry chasing Malfoy and Snape around the school…instead we get some short cliff note version. Sure it was nice to learn about Voldemorts past but now there are only few characters shrouded in mystery and I hope some of them remain that way. I also expect VERY good explanation on why everybody calls Hagrid “Hagrid” instead of Rebeus, and if I don’t get one in the next book J.K will get a LONG article by me demanding an explanation.

The movies suck even more than the books, they are short, have extremely poor acting, and all the characters are ugly. Except for the teachers (take out Lupin), they were an excellent choice, I suppose Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) does look like an annoying know it all, but in general the cast selection was horrible. The movies are becoming short, dull, and making up their own version of how things went in the book. At least if they used someone like Peter Jackson or George Lucas, the movies would have a chance of becoming an acceptable length (I said length, not movie) but instead we get some short version of the book that skims (and I use the term lightly) through the book.

So there you have it, my opinion, truthful and not influenced by the media. If any one can say they think Harry Potter is a well-written book after this then they must not read anything other than the stuff that has been over rated by the media over and over again. The writing is very poor; the story is satisfactory but I prefer the more deeper stories and if the stories have love scene, it’s usually not stupid people in their late-teens who either have raging hormones.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...