Author Topic: Columbine School Shooting  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Columbine School Shooting
« on: November 20, 2005, 01:35:56 pm »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Columbine School Shooting
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
The entries contained blurbs about ways to escape to Mexico, hijacking an aircraft at Denver International Airport and crashing into a building in New York City, as well as details about the attacks.

Wow....

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 01:56:47 pm »
Fucking emo fags.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 02:10:39 pm »
"A few days before the shootings, a final video had the pair apologizing to their families and boasting about how they would soon be remembered infamously."

Well, they accomplished their goal 100%.  Good at them.

Nathan Dykeman, a close friend of both shooters, was for a while considered to be the third shooter after failing two lie detector tests. He was later removed from the list of suspects after several witnesses confirmed that he had left Columbine prior to the actual massacre and was spotted being away from the school as the massacre unfolded. The timing of his 911 call as well as several calls to Tom Klebold (Dylan's father) also conflicted with the time of the massacre, making it impossible for him to have been in the school.
Weren't we just talking about false positives on polygraphs? :)

Ugh:
This claim was also backed up by close friends of the pair who have testified they were more into German rock bands, such as Rammstein. Upon release of this information, Rammstein came under heavy criticism from conservative and Christian groups in the United States, who claimed (among other things) that lead vocalist Till Lindemann's rolling Teutonic Rs were an imitation of Adolf Hitler's diction. In response, the band issued this statement:

"The members of Rammstein express their condolences and sympathy to all affected by the recent tragic events in Denver. They wish to make it clear that they have no lyrical content or political beliefs that could have possibly influenced such behavior. Additionally, members of Rammstein have children of their own, in whom they continually strive to instill healthy and non-violent values."

German-industrial band KMFDM received similar criticism. Harris' website featured lyrics to KMFDM songs and the shooting coincidentally occurred on the release date of their album Adios. KMFDM frontman Sascha Konietzko released a statement to the press the day following the shooting, expressing his own grief at the shooting, and emphasised their music is "a statement against war, oppression, fascism and violence against others" and that "while some of the former band members are German as reported in the media, none of us condone any Nazi beliefs whatsoever."
Yeah, Rammstein and KMFDM are Nazis.  I hate theories that music causes this.  If people did what their music told them to do, Newby and Hitmen would both be in jail :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:15:06 pm by iago »

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 02:15:56 pm »
I read this a month or two ago, but still quite interesting. I really dislike this part though:

The shooting also resulted in an increased emphasis on school security, and a moral panic aimed at goth culture, heavy metal music, social pariahs, the use of pharmaceutical anti-depressants by teenagers, violent movies and violent video games.

I've watched Saw while playing Unreal Tournament and listening to heavy metal, and I'm not a killer ;). I don't like the hatin' against goths too, but I'm not goth soo..yeah.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 02:23:14 pm »
I've watched Saw while playing Unreal Tournament and listening to heavy metal, and I'm not a killer ;).

ROFL!!!

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 02:25:11 pm »
Uggg. I saw a preview of CSI: Miami about a videogame shooting or something becoming reality. I wanted to slap CBS.
I read this a month or two ago, but still quite interesting. I really dislike this part though:

The shooting also resulted in an increased emphasis on school security, and a moral panic aimed at goth culture, heavy metal music, social pariahs, the use of pharmaceutical anti-depressants by teenagers, violent movies and violent video games.

I've watched Saw while playing Unreal Tournament and listening to heavy metal, and I'm not a killer ;). I don't like the hatin' against goths too, but I'm not goth soo..yeah.
yet...
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 02:30:06 pm »
Uggg. I saw a preview of CSI: Miami about a videogame shooting or something becoming reality. I wanted to slap CBS.

FUCK YOU CBS.

People who think violence results from video games are seriously retarded.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 03:10:56 pm »
If people did what their music told them to do, Newby and Hitmen would both be in jail :)

I'd be in a psycho ward with some weird disease after raping some cadaver. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 03:20:35 pm »
I'd be in a psycho ward with some weird disease after raping some cadaver. :)

Yuck >_>...

It's so true though, haha

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 03:29:16 pm »
Wow, extremely interesting article.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 03:44:33 pm »
Very, very interesting. A bit disturbing that someone would take the time out of their day to document all that, but still, its pretty informative.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 03:51:09 pm »
Very, very interesting. A bit disturbing that someone would take the time out of their day to document all that, but still, its pretty informative.

Why is it disturbing?

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 04:02:25 pm »

What do you think the news does?
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 04:25:23 pm »
"It's those damn lyrics that incite the violence, oh, that violent music."

"Hey,  Julie Andrews told me to climb every mountain, and you don't see me hiking every weekend! What the fuck are you saying?!"

- Jon Stewart

"Oh, it's those violent videogames. They make the kids do these horrible things."

"Yeah, I hear the voice in my head, telling me to 'Kill! Kill!!!'"

"Satan? Is that you?"

"No, it'sa me, Mario!"

"Yeah, I love jumping on people's heads and watching coins pop out of their ass!"

- Comedy Central Presents
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 04:39:35 pm »
LMFAO!

That's so true.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 05:40:47 pm »
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...