Author Topic: Don't buy the xbox 360 yet!  (Read 9027 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Don't buy the xbox 360 yet!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 10:42:56 pm »
Microsoft releasing software that crashes?  Nah...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 10:48:13 pm »
I don't find this funny, Its downright sad, in my opinion.

As biased as this opinion is, I could have told you that it would have many, many problems. Did you expect better? Its made by Microsoft?

EDIT -
iago posted his reply while I was typing this. I <3 you iago! =)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 10:50:51 pm »

ROFL!!!

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 12:23:30 am »
I don't find this funny, Its downright sad, in my opinion.

As biased as this opinion is, I could have told you that it would have many, many problems. Did you expect better? Its made by Microsoft?

EDIT -
iago posted his reply while I was typing this. I <3 you iago! =)
Joe, what operating system do you have installed on your computer?
Microsoft windows. If you don't like their products, don't use them and don't bitch about them. Look'it iago! He's the best example.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 12:31:25 am »
Microsoft windows. If you don't like their products, don't use them and don't bitch about them. Look'it iago! He's the best example.

Since everything in this world is imperfect to some degree (and humans desire perfection, and despise imperfection), I think that bitching about anything is invalid according to your claim.  I bitch about Windows, I use it.  I bitch about the US government, a huge part of my life is controlled by it.  I bitch about WoW, it's my favorite past time.

Basically, don't tell him to not bitch about Windows just because he uses it.  He has his reasons for using it and certainly has enough reason to bitch about it.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 12:39:39 am »
It's the harddrive that causes the 360 to overheat, nothing software related. At least this isn't that hard of a fix for them, all they need to do is find a better way for cooling harddrives, then send new ones all out. They've already made probably ~$1,500,000,000 in sales so far (3,000,000 consoles x $500 each). They probably won't lose much money off of this, probably ~$1,000,000 as a guess.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 12:55:44 am »
It's the harddrive that causes the 360 to overheat, nothing software related. At least this isn't that hard of a fix for them, all they need to do is find a better way for cooling harddrives, then send new ones all out. They've already made probably ~$1,500,000,000 in sales so far (3,000,000 consoles x $500 each). They probably won't lose much money off of this, probably ~$1,000,000 as a guess.
They lose money on every console they sell. Any fix needed is going to drag them further into the red.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

trust

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 06:10:32 am »
Yep. I think they lose around $176 per console, including labor. They're making their money off of games/accessories.

And I hate people who dislike Microsoft because it's the "cool" thing to do but really have no basis for their claims. Joe.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 08:52:45 am »
I've been trying to convince my family to NOT buy the Xbox 360 for Christmas, and yet no one listens to me, this article will help a lot, thanks for the find.

Also: I use Microsoft souly because a big part of my life is PC gaming, and there's no way in hell I want to play on a Mac or Linux based computer, much less learn how to use either. I dislike how buggy their software is, and how they try and run from the problem, instead of fixing it (i.e. they're not going to support XP anymore soon, and it really hasn't even been out that long).

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 08:54:26 am »

Since everything in this world is imperfect to some degree (and humans desire perfection, and despise imperfection), I think that bitching about anything is invalid according to your claim. I bitch about Windows, I use it. I bitch about the US government, a huge part of my life is controlled by it. I bitch about WoW, it's my favorite past time.

Basically, don't tell him to not bitch about Windows just because he uses it. He has his reasons for using it and certainly has enough reason to bitch about it.
You probably have reasons. Joe is just jumping on the bandwagon, did you actually READ his post?
"Did you expect any better? Its made by Microsoft?"
I find him to be a big hypocrite because he's bashing a company that he's loyal to. [And don't even deny it joe, you fucking love windows]

Edit: Screenor
Thank Google's Personalized Home, ehehehehe. :) I don't check the websites anymore, just Personalized!

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 11:17:20 am »
Yep. I think they lose around $176 per console, including labor. They're making their money off of games/accessories.

And I hate people who dislike Microsoft because it's the "cool" thing to do but really have no basis for their claims. Joe.
Haha yeah. I dislike Microsoft for their disgusting business practices and all the FUD they spread more than I hate them for making crappy software :)

And console gaming blows goats. The last console that kept my attention for more than a week was the N64. These days any game that comes out on a console that looks remotely interesting to me is usually already avalible on the computer. The last game to actually hold my interest was pikmin on the gamecube, so maybe nintendo can get some of my money with their new console and generally more inovative games rather than microsoft and sony's constant rehash of the same garbage(Halo sucks).
* Hitmen runs back to WoW
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 11:18:21 am »
Haha yeah. I dislike Microsoft for their disgusting business practices and all the FUD they spread more than I hate them for making crappy software :)

And console gaming blows goats. The last console that kept my attention for more than a week was the N64. These days any game that comes out on a console that looks remotely interesting to me is usually already avalible on the computer. The last game to actually hold my interest was pikmin on the gamecube, so maybe nintendo can get some of my money with their new console and generally more inovative games rather than microsoft and sony's constant rehash of the same garbage(Halo sucks).
* Hitmen runs back to WoW
[/b]

I love you. :D

You probably have reasons. Joe is just jumping on the bandwagon, did you actually READ his post?
"Did you expect any better? Its made by Microsoft?"
I find him to be a big hypocrite because he's bashing a company that he's loyal to. [And don't even deny it joe, you fucking love windows]

Just because he uses it he's loyal to it?  I have plenty of reasons, so does Joe.  I seem to recall him switching back to Windows because he wanted to play GuildWars.  I think he can deny it all he wants, it's his opinion, not yours. :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 11:20:11 am by Sidoh »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 11:44:55 am »

Since everything in this world is imperfect to some degree (and humans desire perfection, and despise imperfection), I think that bitching about anything is invalid according to your claim.  I bitch about Windows, I use it.  I bitch about the US government, a huge part of my life is controlled by it.  I bitch about WoW, it's my favorite past time.

Basically, don't tell him to not bitch about Windows just because he uses it.  He has his reasons for using it and certainly has enough reason to bitch about it.

I disagree. 

Anybody who doesn't like Windows shouldn't use it.  There are alternatives which are (in my opinion, at least) vastly superior. 

In terms of the US government, you don't really have much choice there. 

And finally, WoW: you can't help it, it's an addiction :-P

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 12:15:00 pm »
Just a question to you: why don't you like Windows so much? I havn't had a single problem in years, now that I know what I'm doing. It's a hell of a lot easier to use Windows than it is any Linux distro if you're not used to them, and probably even if you are used to them.
Hitmen: art is gay