Author Topic: Sound problems, any help?  (Read 3679 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Sound problems, any help?
« on: November 22, 2005, 10:30:39 pm »
My sound works, but it wont turn up that loud even though the volume control is up, the plugins are plugged in and its all right from what I can see, I can only go up so loud and I hear a loud whisping sound which is annoying, any ideas, I'd really love ya if you could help!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Sound problems, any help?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 10:40:01 pm »
It could be that  you just have cheap/crappy speakers..

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 11:12:56 pm »
Are you on Windows? If so, do all of the programs you run (Winamp, Windows Media Player, Real, etc.) have the volume controls set accordingly? What about the master sound dial, have you played around with it much?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 02:10:45 am »
Check the wires/cables connecting the speaker to the computer. It might be loose.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 08:49:11 am »
This happens to me sometimes.  I've traced it to a broken wire.  The wire is broken inside the sheath, so I don't know where, but just turning the plug around so the wire pulls to the other side makes it work like normal.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 08:23:45 pm »
I tried everything you guys suggested, will probably just get new speakers an see if that works.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 12:09:58 am »
Update: on a hunch, I turned the "wave" dial up on the master volumn control and was pleasently surprised to hear The Man in the Suitcase by Geezer Butler blast into my ears.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 12:17:32 am »
Update: on a hunch, I turned the "wave" dial up on the master volumn control and was pleasently surprised to hear The Man in the Suitcase by Geezer Butler blast into my ears.

You lied, you hadn't tried all of the suggestions listed here! I suggested that... perhaps I should have said "dials" or "controls" referring to the entire panel, where the 'wave' dial is. :)
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 01:42:44 am »

You lied, you hadn't tried all of the suggestions listed here! I suggested that... perhaps I should have said "dials" or "controls" referring to the entire panel, where the 'wave' dial is. :)
I grant you permission to kick my nuts.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 11:46:04 am »

Geezer Butler did solo stuff!?  What's it like?  I only knew him from the band he is/was in :)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 01:06:28 pm »
You might know him as the bassist in Ozzy Osbourne's bands, GB produces and sings in a couple bands now. To descirbe this song would be almost impossible, but it is good song if you like rock. Let me know if you'd like me to give it to you, i'll get on AIM.