Author Topic: That godamn battle net exploit  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: That godamn battle net exploit
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 01:22:02 am »
If you can show a screenshot or something... of them taking over like Starcraft USA-1 or Public Chat 1... or some evidence of what you're talking about, the people here can better assist you.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 01:22:50 am »
If you can show a screenshot or something... of them taking over like Starcraft USA-1 or Public Chat 1... or some evidence of what you're talking about, the people here can better assist you.

You sound like a tech support rep. :P

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 02:45:03 am »
Yeh but it doesn't happen everyday sorry and I have images from a previous report of this:

9/1/04
"Uhh.. I have a unique case.
I believe this person is posing as a Blizzard Represenitive.
He/she kicked us all out of a channle, then when I questioned if this
person was a rep, I was disconnected. I would think this is highly
illegal, but you decide, tell me whats going on."

Note I have known of this exploit and submitted the bug several times since 1999.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 02:48:32 am »

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 02:55:48 am »
Yea, those aren't in public channels though. They are limited to clan/op channels, however, in this case, I believe it's a real Blizzard Representative. They go around from time to time being douche nuggets :P
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 03:08:10 am »
I hardly consider the fact that you pissed a system's operator off an exploit.

Offline RoMi

• x86
  • gg no re
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 06:24:22 am »
I've actually had a conversation with perl.  He isn't a rep, as he will tell you himself, but he is an employee of Blizzard.  Reps aren't suposed to go to private channels, and don't moderate blizzard channels like he does.  So no its not an exploit, and yes he has the power to ban/kick/lock your channel.  Same thing happened aC.
-RoMi

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 11:49:24 am »
I've actually had a conversation with perl.  He isn't a rep, as he will tell you himself, but he is an employee of Blizzard.  Reps aren't suposed to go to private channels, and don't moderate blizzard channels like he does.  So no its not an exploit, and yes he has the power to ban/kick/lock your channel.  Same thing happened aC.
Seems like a Blizzard employee who has sysop privileges and @Blizzard is a representative of Blizzard whether or not that's what they're paid for.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 03:14:28 pm »
OH MY GOD you guys do not read my post. I will explain this for the last time: This person I know who does it, goes into any channel, private or public and can ban or kick you or abunch of people at will. For godsake READ my posts next time. Those screenshots are of one time, not what happend yesterday. Yesterday I was kicked from Open Tech Support and thats why I am here. I can see most of you dont know much about this. For what I know it is probably on e guy, Dave, he is my friend and likes to play these cruel jokes and he is Perl/MartyS/Sysop guys. He WILL lie and he WILL tell you he is a rep but he isn't, I know all of this because he shares this information with me and has followed me around kicking me since 1999. There may be some others who know the exploit but I have never met them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:16:18 pm by GameSnake »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 10:31:26 pm »
Uhm... I'm not sure how to say this: your friend Dave is a liar, and he isn't those reps?

That is a system administrator on Blizzard. It's not your friend. Your friend is a liar and doesn't have the capabilties to do that. Unless he works for Blizzard. But I still doubt your friend is those people.

If you have proof beyond "you have to believe me" I'll believe you, but I'm just trying to make sense out of a situation you seem to have blown out of proportion.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:33:44 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 10:37:50 pm »
Incidentally, Blizzard requires its employees to move to Irvine, CA unless they are WoW GMs for out-of-country stuff, and even then it's iffy.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 11:18:24 pm »
I dont know what to say anymore. I was shown something that you guys can't understand and I dont know how to explain it. So for what its worth I said my part and will probably not speak about it much anymore, blizzard has told me to goto battle.net's support and they told me it was indeed a hacker and they're taking care of it but the problem persists.  Ahwell was worth a shot.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 11:30:32 pm »
If you want to post a screenshot of them stating it's a hacker, I'll be glad to believe you and admit I was wrong and apologize for doubting you.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 12:05:10 am »
Hmm, ok I think some of you (and I) are confused, and its better it stays that way. I will only say that there is a person out there who can exploit something on battle.net and make himself a virtual rep, without actually being one. His icon doesn't show up in the channel and thats how you know it isn't legitimet. For what it is worth anymore I just wanted battle.net to patch this and they definitly know its a real thing. iago tried to help me with this awhile back and understood what was going on, I think I should console certin people in private, I am sorry I have talked about this because most people dont know about it and think i'm making it up or something. Anyway thank you for trying to help.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 12:07:52 am by GameSnake »

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 12:09:33 am »
Just for the record, that screen shot does not show a blizzard rep or anyone affiliated with Blizzard at all, this was confirmed to me by several technical support staff member.