Author Topic: Bullshit Email  (Read 7047 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Bullshit Email
« on: December 13, 2005, 08:20:31 pm »
I got a total bullshit email and I thought I'd post it here.
     IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq
     2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
     3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
     4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
     5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
     6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.
     7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
     8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
     9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
     10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
     11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
     12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!
     13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
    14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.
     15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
     16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
     17. The wise men were from Iraq.
    18. Peter preached in Iraq.
     19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name, Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.   No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq. And also.. This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11):  For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!)
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_quran_911.htm
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Bullshit Email
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 08:38:17 pm »
Yeah, I've seen that before. 

This thread deserves a fate worse than death......... a move to Joe's forum.  To bad he doesn't have one anymore :(

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 08:55:05 pm »
Time for Reverend Joe to shoot these down one at a time.

Wrong, so wrong. The Garden of Eden was in Israel, or heaven. I'm not really sure where man was created, in heaven or earth.

Define cradle of civilization? If it means where it started, wrong! Judea, Samaria, and Israel is where the first civilization was, not Iraq.
Israel: 1
Iraq: 0

Genesis 11:1 - Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.
Genesis 11:2 - As men moved eastward, [a] they found a plain in Shinar (That is, Babylonia) and settled there.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2011;&version=31;#fen-NIV-269b

Genesis 17:8 - The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=17&version=31&context=chapter

I can neither confirm nor deny, as in "Isaac and Rebekah" (Genesis 24) it doesn't state where shes from.

And you know why? To punish the sinning Jews, because God let them.

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

I didn't feel like researching each and every one, but the research I did do should show you that this is illegit. =p

EDIT -
Might be worth noting why I believe that the book of Mormon and the book of Koran are not part of the bible: Deuteronomy 4:2. Of course, anything after the Torah (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy) is illegit too, according to that, but of course Jesus rocks and stuff, so thats canceled out, and rewritten again in Revelations.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 08:59:55 pm by Joe[e2] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 09:07:11 pm »
Time for Reverend Joe to shoot these down one at a time.

Wrong, so wrong. The Garden of Eden was in Israel, or heaven. I'm not really sure where man was created, in heaven or earth.

Define cradle of civilization? If it means where it started, wrong! Judea, Samaria, and Israel is where the first civilization was, not Iraq.
Israel: 1
Iraq: 0

Genesis 11:1 - Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.
Genesis 11:2 - As men moved eastward, [a] they found a plain in Shinar (That is, Babylonia) and settled there.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2011;&version=31;#fen-NIV-269b

Genesis 17:8 - The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=17&version=31&context=chapter

I can neither confirm nor deny, as in "Isaac and Rebekah" (Genesis 24) it doesn't state where shes from.

And you know why? To punish the sinning Jews, because God let them.

I didn't feel like researching each and every one, but the research I did do should show you that this is illegit. =p

EDIT -
Might be worth noting why I believe that the book of Mormon and the book of Koran are not part of the bible: Deuteronomy 4:2. Of course, anything after the Torah (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy) is illegit too, according to that, but of course Jesus rocks and stuff, so thats canceled out, and rewritten again in Revelations.

I don't feel like replying to all of your points, because that would take so long.

According to the bible, man was created on Earth.  Why would God have created the heavens and the Earth and put man in Heaven?  Then Earth whould be practically pointless. :P

Actually, it's quite correct that Iraq is Mesopotamia.  It is where some of the earliest civilizations existed.  Just because it wasn't where Adam and Eve were created doesn't mean it isn't the cradle of civilization.  Adam and Eve alone weren't exactly a civilization...

That's all I feel like retorting right now. :)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 02:59:59 am »
Eh, well, I haven't taken area studies yet, and I'm rather sure that we won't be busting out our bibles and refering to them too often when we talk about Iraq.

I'd be kinda interesting to hear you're responce to my Mormon/Koran thing, though. Big thanks to Travis for pointing that out to us in Sunday School.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 03:03:32 am »
Eh, well, I haven't taken area studies yet, and I'm rather sure that we won't be busting out our bibles and refering to them too often when we talk about Iraq.

I'd be kinda interesting to hear you're responce to my Mormon/Koran thing, though. Big thanks to Travis for pointing that out to us in Sunday School.

Well if you're Christian and believe the bible in itself is the inherent word of God (it was written through people by the will of God), then you also believe that no human living today can write something that should be considered God's word.  The book of Mormon was written about 250 years ago, so yeah... that's pretty much a given.  I don't know about the Koran, though.  I've never read it.  The Book of Mormon is ludicrous.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 03:22:12 am »
According to the Mormon beliefs, an angel came to a man and told him where to find the book of Mormon 'encoded' on some tablets, and how to decode them. Aparently, Jesus visited the US (Texas, I believe) while he was here on Earth and wrote it. I don't believe it.

It was written in Deuteronomy that you should never add or subtract from the Torah, but when the messiah came, he could obviously cancel that out. Exodus 20:3 is another example. Judiasm was monothestic (or whatever), because Jehovah was the only God. Of course, Exodus 20:3 was now canceled out, because we now have not only Jehovah, but Jesus and the Holy Spirit. When the Christian Bible was finished being written, it was written again, not to add or subtract from the bible.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 03:23:35 am »
According to the Mormon beliefs, an angel came to a man and told him where to find the book of Mormon 'encoded' on some tablets, and how to decode them. Aparently, Jesus visited the US (Texas, I believe) while he was here on Earth and wrote it. I don't believe it.

So did that guy on acid.  Oh wait, that was Joseph Smith.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 03:53:37 am »
LOL

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 10:09:38 am »
There are so many errors in every religious argmument of this thread that I won't even start (except for the fact that Mormons are completely nuts).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 10:18:39 am by unTactical »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 05:04:57 pm »
There are so many errors in every religious argmument of this thread that I won't even start (except for the fact that Mormons are completely nuts).

Why?  Because Joe believes every word the bible says?  Just because you don't doesn't mean they're "errors."  Religion is a completely subjective matter, and so are accusations against it.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 05:15:27 pm »
No.  There are.  There was a show on NPR yesterday where a religion professor (college in SC, forget which) was talking about how the Bible has many discrepencies, between books and versions (IE: Luke vs Matthew about the crucifixion).  Scribes would add in and take out things as they saw fit.  There are definately errors.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 05:31:50 pm »
My interpertation of Luke and Matthew was that he was crucified twice. Isn't that right? =/. I kinda thought the bible was written chronilogically, which means that he was crucified, then crucified again when it was written again.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 05:39:54 pm »
No.  Many of Jesus' apostles wrote what they "experienced."  They were all at the crucifiction, but their stories conflict.  They are all speaking of the same event.  It's the same with his birth, and, according to Luke, Jesus was talking about the Jewish leaders who turned him over to the Romans when he prayed for their forgiveness, meaning Jesus forgave the Jews.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 05:42:49 pm »
My interpertation of Luke and Matthew was that he was crucified twice. Isn't that right? =/. I kinda thought the bible was written chronilogically, which means that he was crucified, then crucified again when it was written again.

I really hope you're joking about that...