Author Topic: Bullshit Email  (Read 7041 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Bullshit Email
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 06:05:43 pm »
My interpertation of Luke and Matthew was that he was crucified twice. Isn't that right? =/. I kinda thought the bible was written chronilogically, which means that he was crucified, then crucified again when it was written again.
Yeah....  I hope you're joking, too.  John isn't even CLOSE to being chronological.

Matthew is the only book that directly relates Jesus' birth, so I don't know how they could have discrepancies.

I don't think the stories of the crucifixion contradict, either.  Granted, I don't read them all the time, but I think they're fairly correspondent.

When Jesus was praying for their forgiveness ("forgive them, Father"), he WAS talking about the people who were turning them over to the Romans.  However, if you read the Bible, you'll learn that Jesus' death was for the forgiveness of humanity (Jesus said so himself) to anyone who accepted this gift.

About mormons: early in Joseph Smith (Jr.)'s life, he claimed to be praying one night (according to James) and asking God which church was the right one.  Supposedly God came to him in a vision and said to join none, that they were all abominations in His sight.  About 12 years later, Joseph was praying in the woods in upstate New York (I think the city was called Elmyra or some redneck name like that) when an angel named Moroni came to him and led him to a series of golden plates.  Moroni was supposedly the last contributor to this new scripture.  The plates were supposedly written in some form of Egyptian heiroglyphic.  Moroni presented to Joseph two Biblical artifacts, the Urim and Thummin (which if you look up, are pieces to a breastplate) which Joseph used to translate the plates.  The result was published in 1832, the Book of Mormon.  Since its publication, there have been at least 3913 documented changes, some major ones (including deletion or addition of passages).  Conveniently, after the plates were translated, Moroni took them to heaven.

The link I provided is the organization that first documented these changes and are one of the most authoritative sources on mormon apologetics.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 06:07:55 pm by MyndFyre[x86] »
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 08:16:18 pm »
That's a really nice page on the changes to the Book of Mormon.  Thanks for the reference.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 11:25:12 pm »
That's a really nice page on the changes to the Book of Mormon.  Thanks for the reference.

I find the Mormon faith as useless as man having nipples. Iam sorry if I offended anybody by that comment. I might have been brougth up wrong in that senes but, I heard mormons are the same as christans in almost all ways. They belive in Christ and go to church on sundays. I think the only real differnce is that Mormons go on a 2 year missions while christans dont.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 11:27:54 pm »

I find the Mormon faith as useless as man having nipples. Iam sorry if I offended anybody by that comment. I might have been brougth up wrong in that senes but, I heard mormons are the same as christans in almost all ways. They belive in Christ and go to church on sundays. I think the only real differnce is that Mormons go on a 2 year missions while christans dont.

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL !!!

Sorry, I don't usually do that.  Mormonism and Christianity are about the same as white and black.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 01:51:06 am »
Sorry, I don't usually do that.  Mormonism and Christianity are about the same as white and black.
I particularly like the criterion that all Christians go to church on Sundays.  Mmhmm.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 08:29:08 am »
*rummages around on his desk*

Mormons: There is another Testament of Jesus Christ. The Book of Moroon, another Testament of Jesus Christ, is a companion volume of scripture to the Holy Bible and contains the account of the Savior's apperance in ancient America following his resurrection.

Bible: Proverbs 30:5-6, Revelations 22:18-19

Theres more but I gotta go.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 11:02:48 am »
Bible: Proverbs 30:5-6, Revelations 22:18-19

I don't use these as criteria for judging the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon (or its value as scripture).  Several books and letters were written following John's revelation (yes, that's "Revelation," not "Revelations"), and as canon they were not ordered into what we'd call The Bible until well after any of them was written.

One good criterion for that, though, is the true test of a prophet: when someone speaks something in the name of God (prophesies), and it does not happen, then he is a false prophet.  I think Joseph Smith qualifies.