Author Topic: Wish me luck..  (Read 11647 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Wish me luck..
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2005, 03:46:55 am »
And unlike the US, RCMP officers are allowed to cross provincial lines.  I've heard of American criminals cross a pronvincial border and stop to make fun of the RCMP, who proceed to cross the border and arrest them.  Of course, that could just be an urban myth *shrug*

It works like that here, but not provincial: just over international borders. You can get arrested in New York for extortion in Florida.
Not without going through some loopholes.

For example: county DPS officers are not allowed to give civil traffic tickets within city limits, and city police are not allowed to give civil traffic tickets on state highways.  They do not have jurisdiction.

To be arrested in one state for a crime committed in another, it usually involves a federal agency that has overarching jurisdiction than either state.  Just like in international cases, a state has to go through an extradition hearing to get someone tranported from one state to another for a crime.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2005, 06:55:42 am »
Like I said Joe, you did nothing wrong. You suck @ arguing. I would have gotten out of that withought a suspension.
I guess you like ruining your rep :/. Pssh I should join the debate team.

Anyhow you should have pulled a "I was trying to save her from embarassment and she should be thanking me.." and
then start to complain about how they are wasting your time. You need to be really cocky (No attitude just cocky) and
almost smirk in thier face as you make your comebacks. It intimidates the administrator and he will ease up on the punishment
and if anything remove it totally. You can't get mad or sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Always sound calm
and on top of things even if in reality you have no idea what's going on </snip>
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2005, 07:09:07 am »
Warrior: Joe just wants to have something on his record so he can show off to his friends when he's an adult how he poked a girl's head in 8th grade.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2005, 09:05:07 am »
Warrior, you'd suck at debating.  Arguing and debating are very different. :P

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 09:09:36 am »
Well if I do one or the other I'd use a different style of course. Debating is about presenting facts and being able to question the user.
I'd rock at it.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 11:46:33 am »
Like I said Joe, you did nothing wrong. You suck @ arguing. I would have gotten out of that withought a suspension.

Anyhow you should have pulled a "I was trying to save her from embarassment and she should be thanking me.." and
then start to complain about how they are wasting your time. You need to be really cocky (No attitude just cocky) and
almost smirk in thier face as you make your comebacks. It intimidates the administrator and he will ease up on the punishment
and if anything remove it totally. You can't get mad or sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Always sound calm
and on top of things even if in reality you have no idea what's going on </snip>

I'm positive there's something he's leaving out.

Offline xex

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 12:05:33 pm »

I'm positive there's something he's leaving out.

I agreed, or everyone there hated him. When something like this, more than likly the police will asked for statements from everyone there.  But then again, it's possible he can be charged for simply touching her on the head. If the girl doesn't want him touching her and he does, even though it's a tap on the head, she can still charged him. At least that's how it is here.
Shadow Legion @ USeast
http://shadowlegion.org

c:\xex

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 12:07:36 pm »
I agreed, or everyone there hated him. When something like this, more than likly the police will asked for statements from everyone there.  But then again, it's possible he can be charged for simply touching her on the head. If the girl doesn't want him touching her and he does, even though it's a tap on the head, she can still charged him. At least that's how it is here.

But even then, it wouldn't be filed as "sexual" harassment.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 12:31:10 pm »
He probably fondled her breasts.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2005, 12:36:02 pm »
He probably fondled her breasts.

Probably. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2005, 01:31:58 pm »
In our school, rep is how many times you DO get suspended, not how little you do. =p

As if I care, I wanted to go home. =p
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2005, 01:33:23 pm »
In our school, rep is how many times you DO get suspended, not how little you do. =p

As if I care, I wanted to go home. =p

You're foolish if you think popularity is something to aim for if it sacrifices your future.  Suspensions go on your record, so will this case.  You're even more foolish if you just "shrug it off."

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2005, 01:50:49 pm »
Well if I do one or the other I'd use a different style of course. Debating is about presenting facts and being able to question the user.
I'd rock at it.

Debating isn't about being cocky and proving that you're right.  It's about discussing a topic through logical arguments, and finding flaws in the opponents' logic.  Just thinking that you're right doesn't cut it as an argument :P

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2005, 04:24:17 pm »
Joe, if she claims "sexual assault" just say "she never said 'no'".

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2005, 04:51:18 pm »
I'd rock at it.

Debating isn't about being cocky and proving that you're right.  It's about discussing a topic through logical arguments, and finding flaws in the opponents' logic.  Just thinking that you're right doesn't cut it as an argument :P

Well..you're not going to team up with them. Each team is affirmitive or negative no room for maybe or you will just get laughed at. Also some of the cockiest debaters are the ones who score the most points simply because they are aggressive in the questioning and make the other person confused. It's a pretty good strat imho