Author Topic: My mom is delteing my shit :(  (Read 13118 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: My mom is delteing my shit :(
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2006, 01:25:53 pm »
Shockingly, partying and being a nerd are not mutually exclusive  :o

I know, but I'm too much of a nerd to do anything else.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 05:44:40 pm »
DRUNKEN DOTA!!!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 06:49:28 pm »
DRUNKEN DOTA!!!
DRUNKEN DOTA!!!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 08:44:59 pm »
You guys should really pick up programming, especially unTactical, who doesn't want to work all day.

I don't mind work, as long as I get my fair share of 'play' in as well. Being a programmer, which I probably will be, is going to be a dream job. Its kind of like when the D12 members were interviewed as to why they're rappers, they said because they love what they do. I love programming, and in my free time, I do it. Of course, if I want to get payed, I'll need to finish something, but eh?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 09:12:05 pm »
You guys should really pick up programming, especially unTactical, who doesn't want to work all day.

I don't mind work, as long as I get my fair share of 'play' in as well. Being a programmer, which I probably will be, is going to be a dream job. Its kind of like when the D12 members were interviewed as to why they're rappers, they said because they love what they do. I love programming, and in my free time, I do it. Of course, if I want to get payed, I'll need to finish something, but eh?

unTactical is a collegiate Computer Engineer, which does involve a good amount of programming; he's probably more learned in it than you are -- no offense.  Programming is by no means an easy job.  The only way you're not going to be working normal hours is if you become an entrepreneur and start your own company.  That would mean sacrificing some of the positions you're seeing yourself in (lead software architect/engineer) in order to better manage the company.  I don't know about you, but that's not something I want to do with my life.  I don't want to be Bill Gates, regardless of what people that know me in real life think.  They always say things like "He's going to be the next Bill Gates."  I generally just laugh, but it kind of makes me mad each time they say that.  It's because they assume he's just a nerd who started programming and a bunch of people joined him.  No--he persuaded a bunch of people to join him and made them do stuff that brought in money that he took.

I'll tell you one thing for sure: doing work for someone programming has a much different feel than working whenever the hell you feel like it on whatever the hell you want to work on.  You're committed to that client and if you don't get things done in a reasonable amount of time, you're not going to keep your job.  Because of this, it seems like a normal job most times.  If you get stuck on the same project for too long, it gets boring and you'll wish you were doing something else.  I've worked with numerous clients, all of which are very nice people.  I've maintained personal contact with at least one of them; he calls me when he has a computer question or something like that.  Last winter, he sent me pictures of the snow storm they had in the Massachusetts area. 

I started working for him my Sophomore year (when I was 15/16) and I had a hard time getting along with him.  Partly because he was more pushy than I was used to (he SHOULD be pushy towards someone he's paying $20/hr to sit at a keyboard and type) and partly because I was unmotivated to continue work.  There were a few times where I could tell he'd gotten pretty irritated with how little I'd gotten done during some time period, but it was usually when I was busy.  If I had been busy with school, he'd always understand.  He's been a great person to work for.  This is actually the person st0rm.iD worked for (I don't know if you know him), but he was suddenly committed to other things with school and was unable to handle the workload.  He recommended me to him and I've worked for him since.

The people in town that I work for (web-work, PC repair, etc) are all very nice, but I don't talk to them on a personal level outside of the work I do for them.

To be honest, I think the term "dream job" is stupid.  A job is a job, regardless of what it is.  I'm positive any person is more suited for one job than the next person (and visa-versa), but that doesn't mean they're going to enjoy doing that job 100% of the time or even 50% of the time, regardless of how much you externally enjoy the activity involved in that line of work.  It's completely dependant on what type of person you are.  If you actually enjoy working, then you're going to have a lot of fun in any job that fits your personality.  If you don't, you're going to find it tough searching for a job that you are going to be fond of.

Reitteratively, programming changes a lot when you're working for someone other than yourself.  My boss (the network administrator, not the webdev client) was an extremely talented programmer when he was attending college.  He really enjoyed programming.  He did an internship programming his freshman year and hated it.  Since then, he's decided that a job in software engineering is not for him.  The majority of programming positions are "cubicle" jobs -- you're going to work in a little 4x4 area with a glowing computer screen for hours on end.  That may sound appealing, but think about it: you're not going to be doing what you want to do very often.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 09:15:01 pm by Sidoh »

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 10:17:31 pm »
Haha, Sidoh, that's what my dad says.  I do technical work (ie: lights, audio, and for some reason I build sets.. it's a balanced diet!) for plays when I get the chance to (ie: summer).  I told my dad that I would actually consider something like that as a career, or something in the movie industry where I could be doing that or doing computer related stuff (ie: the websites or whatever).  My dad just laughed and went "I think you're too smart to be doing that, and you may enjoy it NOW but when you do it day in and day out it won't be very fun."  The part that sucks is that I know he's right. :\
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 11:35:37 pm »
Haha, Sidoh, that's what my dad says.  I do technical work (ie: lights, audio, and for some reason I build sets.. it's a balanced diet!) for plays when I get the chance to (ie: summer).  I told my dad that I would actually consider something like that as a career, or something in the movie industry where I could be doing that or doing computer related stuff (ie: the websites or whatever).  My dad just laughed and went "I think you're too smart to be doing that, and you may enjoy it NOW but when you do it day in and day out it won't be very fun."  The part that sucks is that I know he's right. :\

Real smart people pick jobs regarding only the things they entail, not how much pay you get.  I know you didn't say that, but don't take a job just because it pays well.

trust

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2006, 05:49:21 am »
I would take a grueling job in exchange for awesome pay. Like an Investment Banker.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2006, 02:20:02 pm »
I always thought of man whoring myself for a job. I pick my own hours. I make good pay. I "Sometimes" my own boss. Plus all the sex you want and need.

Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2006, 03:45:09 pm »

You obviously don't know me very well.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2006, 03:48:40 pm »
I always thought of man whoring myself for a job. I pick my own hours. I make good pay. I "Sometimes" my own boss. Plus all the sex you want and need.

That's what everyone wants. :P

That's what I told him (kind of)! :)

unTactical is a collegiate Computer Engineer, which does involve a good amount of programming; he's probably more learned in it than you are -- no offense. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2006, 07:29:25 pm »

It's true though! :P

Real smart people pick jobs regarding only the things they entail, not how much pay you get.  I know you didn't say that, but don't take a job just because it pays well.
My dad said that too. He's like "don't work in movies, they get paid nothing" I was like "Dad, I'll pick what I want when I want." He didn't seem to be too pleaed.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2006, 07:46:41 pm »
My dad said that too. He's like "don't work in movies, they get paid nothing" I was like "Dad, I'll pick what I want when I want." He didn't seem to be too pleaed.

Good... you think for yourself.  That well get you further than anyone's advice.  If you do what you want, you're going to end up in a place that you're happy in.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2006, 02:27:07 pm »

Good... you think for yourself.  That well get you further than anyone's advice.  If you do what you want, you're going to end up in a place that you're happy in.

Yeah I want to kill my mom's boyfriend. But I dont want to be anybody's bitch in jail? So that advice is pretty useless.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.