Author Topic: P2P on your mobile phone?  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
P2P on your mobile phone?
« on: January 07, 2006, 02:15:21 pm »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: P2P on your mobile phone?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 02:16:26 pm »
Nightmare for everyone!

Newby, having fun posting news are we :P?
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 02:21:53 pm »
Yes sir, yes I am. :)

I think it'll be a different experience. If this were to be implemented into a T-Mobile Sidekick or a mobile phone that isn't practically rediculous to use as a media player, it'll be amazing.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 02:27:41 pm »
Yes sir, yes I am. :)

I think it'll be a different experience. If this were to be implemented into a T-Mobile Sidekick or a mobile phone that isn't practically rediculous to use as a media player, it'll be amazing.

Most the people that have PSP's at my school use them as a media player.  I don't think they're totally rediculous to use as a MP3 player; they're definitely not the most economical players, but they do work pretty well.

Personally, I don't think this is a good idea.  I don't think it should automatically download music, that would get annoying.  I think it would be neat if you had the ability to browse through the songs/artists that other people in the surrounding area had, but then again, that would kind of defeat the purpose of this technology.  Plus, transfering files wirelessly takes a while.  I'm not sure what wireless protocol PSP's use, but I kind of doubt it would take less than a minute to transfer an average song.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 03:03:26 pm »
Most the people that have PSP's at my school use them as a media player.  I don't think they're totally rediculous to use as a MP3 player; they're definitely not the most economical players, but they do work pretty well.

Personally, I don't think this is a good idea.  I don't think it should automatically download music, that would get annoying.  I think it would be neat if you had the ability to browse through the songs/artists that other people in the surrounding area had, but then again, that would kind of defeat the purpose of this technology.  Plus, transfering files wirelessly takes a while.  I'm not sure what wireless protocol PSP's use, but I kind of doubt it would take less than a minute to transfer an average song.

My brother has a PSP. It's a pretty neat tool I must admit. My dad wants one now. :P

The PSPs use wireless B (iirc) (we tried to have it connect to my dad's wireless router (which was dual B/G) and it was a no go) and rely on connecting to a central router to do anything wirelessely. Implementing a wireless network like this would probably be difficult, although the PSP does have ad-hoc.

I think the automatic downloading should be optional, and you should be able to browse other user's playlists if you want. However, it stated that it would automatically download music based on your tastes (much like last.fm's recommendations, just a little more realistic).

The only problem with this is that last.fm recommends terrible bands that I don't like. If this thing were to succeeed, it'd have to have a massive database that actually classified genres and subgenres with the correct genre/subgenre. I don't think Avenged Sevenfold and System of a Down are in any way, shape, or form related to Possessed/Engorged/Exodus. =P

All in all, you could form tiny little networks and transfer as much or as little as you want, and the RIAA could never find out about it unless they were near you and somehow managed to sniff the traffic! I think it'll be one hell of a burden on their behalf.
- Newby