Author Topic: Being annoying on the internet is a FEDERAL CRIME  (Read 15127 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: Being annoying on the internet is a FEDERAL CRIME
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2006, 12:42:36 pm »
And that, my friends, is an example on how stupid people act..
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2006, 06:52:40 pm »
And out of all honesty, I still don't see what *you* need to worry about.  You are canadian, and this is an American law. <3
Because you'e the next closest country, and what happens to you usually affects us, as well.  I think that one of these days we're going to have to free the US from their oppresive leadership and install a proper government, just like you guys did to Iraq :)

When you're making a law, especially in the US, you have to take stupid people into account.  There are a lot of them in the world. 

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2006, 11:51:32 am »
And out of all honesty, I still don't see what *you* need to worry about.  You are canadian, and this is an American law. <3
Because you'e the next closest country, and what happens to you usually affects us, as well.  I think that one of these days we're going to have to free the US from their oppresive leadership and install a proper government, just like you guys did to Iraq :)

When you're making a law, especially in the US, you have to take stupid people into account.  There are a lot of them in the world. 
Well, unless your government impliments this law as well, it shouldn't affect you much.  And if they do then your government is just as bad as you say ours is.

And yes, there are a lot of stupid people.
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2006, 12:09:42 pm »

Well, unless your government impliments this law as well, it shouldn't affect you much.  And if they do then your government is just as bad as you say ours is.
If it affects the Internet, it affects everybody. 

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2006, 02:23:22 pm »

Quik and I have had several disscussion on this matter. Read my sig.

Anyways about the current Topic. NO COMMENT.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2006, 12:23:53 pm »
I wonder if it would count if iago committed an offense according to this law while logged into a US server.  Maybe he could be extradicted then..hmm

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2006, 12:31:54 pm »
I doubt Canada would extradite for such a stupid law. :)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2006, 07:34:18 pm »

If it affects the Internet, it affects everybody. 
I don't see how it would affect everyone..  It would only affect the united states.  People in canada can go and *annoy* us, but since you are in a different country we can't do shit about it.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2006, 08:38:35 pm »
I don't see how it would affect everyone..  It would only affect the united states.  People in canada can go and *annoy* us, but since you are in a different country we can't do shit about it.

Suddenly, you have to worry about where the sites you're at are located geographically, because if you offend somebody from an American site, it's a problem. 

Plus, Canadians sympathize with Americans a lot.  You're our closest neighbors, and best friends.  The more rights that are taken away from you, the less free the western world is, and the closer we come to the collapse of our way of life.  As American citizens, you should be fighting much harder to keep your basic freedoms, not let them be abused/thrown away whenever your government feels like it. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2006, 08:49:00 pm »
Personally, I think that anarchy should be the law for a while and just let people do it for themselves and then throw government back in.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2006, 08:57:18 pm »
Personally, I think that anarchy should be the law for a while and just let people do it for themselves and then throw government back in.

No.  The world would collapse if it was done like that.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2006, 09:05:07 pm »
I think that some level of anarchy would benefit the world immensly.  Not so much anarchy, but Libertarian.  The government should get their nose out of private affairs where it doesn't belong. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2006, 09:08:49 pm »
I think that some level of anarchy would benefit the world immensly.  Not so much anarchy, but Libertarian.  The government should get their nose out of private affairs where it doesn't belong. 

I agree.  Completely eliminating the government which the world currently relies so heavily upon would send everything into chaos.  While that would only be temporary, I'd personally rather avoid it and go about the matter in a more constructive fashion.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2006, 12:00:42 am »
If it gets worse than this, then I will step in and protest, but right now this law isn't a big deal.  It protects people from others that only want to cause harm and distress...  I see nothing wrong with that.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2006, 12:12:31 pm »
Woohoo, iago supports libertarianism. I didn't know you were that cool.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow