Author Topic: Hey iago, you might like this  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Hey iago, you might like this
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:58:16 am »
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_wit_fir_cap

There's a lot of pretty interesting statistics there.  I can't vouch for how accurate they are, but it seems like a decently trustworthy source. :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Hey iago, you might like this
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:07:30 am »
Hmm, I've seen that site before.  I sorta wonder if the statistics get skewed by revolutions and coups and stuff, though, since that would explain why South Africa and Columbia are really high. 

But the US is still an order of magnitude above canada (.02/1000 to .005/1000), so we rock :)

I love how the US is in the middle of all those Third World Countries, and Canada is in the middle of all the First World Countries :)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:49:31 pm »
It's becasue the United States is much larger in population than that of Canada.  And like every country, we have our fair share of idiots..  If not more than our fair share...
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:02:31 pm »
Yea I agree, I still say we start sending all of the illegals from cuba / mexico / france (honestly, who would want to live there) then restat after canadas infilitrated.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 01:51:48 pm »
I'd be surprised if you didn't already know this iago, but most stastics from Canada are skewed compared to those from the US simply because of a much less rigid reporting system (for government statistics, that is).  I first found out about it when I did some research on countries with the best healthcare.  Canada's looks a lot better than the US's on paper, but a lot of hospital deaths in Canada are not required to be reported whereas the same kinds of things would be required in the US.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 03:08:56 pm »
I'd be surprised if you didn't already know this iago, but most stastics from Canada are skewed compared to those from the US simply because of a much less rigid reporting system (for government statistics, that is).  I first found out about it when I did some research on countries with the best healthcare.  Canada's looks a lot better than the US's on paper, but a lot of hospital deaths in Canada are not required to be reported whereas the same kinds of things would be required in the US.

The deaths are reported, but it doesn't need to state why.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 06:59:03 pm »
It's becasue the United States is much larger in population than that of Canada.  And like every country, we have our fair share of idiots..  If not more than our fair share...

If you'd looked at the stats, you'd see that it's /1000 people.

First of all, it's iago, not "iago".  iago is a bird and a Shakespearean character, iago is the person you're talking to. 

Anyway, I'm pretty sure murders are reported here.