Author Topic: JBLS Legacy Clients  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
JBLS Legacy Clients
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:52:12 pm »
Well I was bored, so I added Legacy Client support to JBLS
It's something i've always wanted to see in BNLS, but there not gona do it.
These are the following new Product IDS:
DRTL 0x09
DSHR 0x0A
SSHR 0x0B

They are mearly extentions of the following BNLS Packets:
BNLS_VERSIONCHECK 0x09
BNLS_REQUESTVERSIONBYTE 0x10
BNLS_VERSIONCHECKEX 0x18

They will return the correct information for these clients, jsut as those messages would for the other clients.
Meh anyways I jsut wanted to sell people, see if anyone would use it, if it's worth the 5 mins it took to implament.
If it is, and a bunch of bots start supporting this, I'm sure we can get Skywing to add it to the real BNLS <3
~-~(HDX)~-~
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6720/hdxnew6lb.gif
09/08/05 - Clan SBs @ USEast
 [19:59:04.000] <DeadHelp> We don't like customers.
 [19:59:05.922] <DeadHelp> They're assholes
 [19:59:08.094] <DeadHelp> And they're never right.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: JBLS Legacy Clients
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 12:31:08 am »
I could have sworn that SphtBotv3 supported SSHR. And I could have sworn even more that SphtBotv3 didn't support local hashing.

EDIT -
My bad. Mixing up SSHR and JSTR.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 11:20:00 am »
They will return the correct information for these clients, jsut as those messages would for the other clients.
Meh anyways I jsut wanted to sell people, see if anyone would use it, if it's worth the 5 mins it took to implament.
If it is, and a bunch of bots start supporting this, I'm sure we can get Skywing to add it to the real BNLS <3

I think part of the reason that Skywing *hasn't* supported these games is because they're of limited use.  You can't go into private channels with them.  Why not just jump on telnet?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 06:19:49 pm »
Why not just jump on telnet?
because telnet is restricted to ONLY "Public chat-#" and I beleave "Open Tech Support"  Where things like Diablo retail can go to a few more:
"Diablo *"
"Open Tech Support'
"Blizzard Tech Support"
"Public Chat-*"
Also, Why not use them if you have the ability? It's just for kicks mainly.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 08:39:05 pm »
Telnet can go into Blizzard tech support. Topaz once wrote a massloader that loaded up telnets and flooded BTS.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Mesiah

• I hate Jesus. I also hate Pigme's.
    • View Profile
    • HighBrow Innovations
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 09:06:19 pm »
I remember the time Battle.net did away with Ops in private channels.. Boy it was UGLY. Servers were splitting every day, channels were empty, total disaster. Well I wasn't doing much chatting on bnet at that time, as I was currently working on my first multi socket bot with proxy support. At the time this happened, it was only logging on as legacy clients. SSHR, DSHR, DRTL... During testing, I had gone into Clan Recruitment, and it too was empty! Except for a few idle bots. These bots were idling messages saying "Come support the war against battle.net! All clans put aside your difference, load EVERY bot you can in Blizzard Tech Support!!" So I go in there, and my channel list goes ape shit. I beleive it was some 46,000 bots in that channel on east. So I said fuck it, lets test my bot out. I loaded up roughly 80 or so legacy clients. They ran for about 4 or 5 days. Then, after coming home from school one day, I noticed all of the bots were gone, except mine... Come to find out, the fools that did that, all got disconnected with cdkey bans to boot. Guess who never got banned? Hehe. So now you know, Legacy clients can be very useful!

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 09:35:30 pm »
Humm, I've been on Bnet seince late 96 / early 97
(My dad brought home Diablo cuz hes a crazy RPG dude and he wanted to try it)
I remember something about that.. I jsut dont remember spacifics. Considering I was 6 at the time, and I didn't start doing anything memrable untill I was 8 (started my kiddie BASIC/VB programming)
Didn't get my Hdx name untill what 99?
God those 3 years were hell >.<
Meh the other day I loaded 247 D1 bots. It was funny as hell, I stayed connected for a good 3 days, then they banned me, and I was an idiot and had my SC bot loaded at the same time, and it got banned to :*(

Anyways anyone interested in adding this support to there bots?
~-~(HDX)~-~

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 10:14:13 pm »
Hdx: my dad made me download the Diablo 1 demo the first day we moved into the home I'm currently in. I remember playing it around 8pm and realizing "wow, this is totally fucking awesome."

I then recieved Diablo 1 for my 7th birthday. Maybe it was my 8th birthday. I was going into third grade. I don't remember.

Topaz: mesiah rules.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 02:37:50 pm »
I remember the time Battle.net did away with Ops in private channels.. Boy it was UGLY. Servers were splitting every day, channels were empty, total disaster. Well I wasn't doing much chatting on bnet at that time, as I was currently working on my first multi socket bot with proxy support. At the time this happened, it was only logging on as legacy clients. SSHR, DSHR, DRTL... During testing, I had gone into Clan Recruitment, and it too was empty! Except for a few idle bots. These bots were idling messages saying "Come support the war against battle.net! All clans put aside your difference, load EVERY bot you can in Blizzard Tech Support!!" So I go in there, and my channel list goes ape shit. I beleive it was some 46,000 bots in that channel on east. So I said fuck it, lets test my bot out. I loaded up roughly 80 or so legacy clients. They ran for about 4 or 5 days. Then, after coming home from school one day, I noticed all of the bots were gone, except mine... Come to find out, the fools that did that, all got disconnected with cdkey bans to boot. Guess who never got banned? Hehe. So now you know, Legacy clients can be very useful!

Haha, I'll never forget that. I got over 300 cdkeys banned over a period of like 3 days.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:46:14 pm »

I think part of the reason that Skywing *hasn't* supported these games is because they're of limited use.  You can't go into private channels with them.  Why not just jump on telnet?

To answer a really old topic with information that wasn't available at the time: Battle.net no longer allows telnet connections.  :P

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 01:46:50 am »
That reminds me, I should post on VL suggesting adding it, using telent's removeale as a reason.
It wouldn't be that hard to do.
~-~(HDX)~-~