Author Topic: MySpace's the place online  (Read 6046 times)

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
Re: MySpace's the place online
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 07:36:01 pm »

Give me a few people where it would be "disastorous."  I think people have similar addictions to things like cigarettes; I really doubt anything "disasterous" is going to happen. :P

Uh.. Uhmm.. :|

Maybe not disastrous, but someone like a web designer.

And that is kind of my point. I'm saying that in the FUTURE.. It -will- be disastrous if it isn't now.. Because reliability on technology has definitely increased.

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 07:37:15 pm »

Give me a few people where it would be "disastorous."  I think people have similar addictions to things like cigarettes; I really doubt anything "disasterous" is going to happen. :P

And that is kind of my point. I'm saying that in the FUTURE.. It -will- be disastrous if it isn't now.. Because reliability on technology has definitely increased.
Hasn't society always rely on technology? Knives, houses, electricity, plumbing, etc?
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 07:38:40 pm »
But what if it evolves to something like where technology owns us?

Getting into sci-fi but.. Hell.

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 07:45:22 pm »

The internet not working doesn't mean no work for the web designer.  You can develop on a local server.  When the electricity goes out, it obviously affects them to a greater degree.  But then, of course, it affects everyone else pretty strongly too.

It won't be disastorous if we continue to prepare people early in life with knowledge that helps survival when you're not in a normal situation (ie how to start a fire).

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 08:00:12 pm »
MySpace using lots of bandwidth isn't hard. Some of those kids' profiles take around a minute to load, what with all the flashy gif's embedded in their page and such.

Not to mention the fact that Google doesn't serve much up. Maybe a few kb of data per hit. Whereas MySpace can serve up literally a few megs a page...

Now let's compare hits. :)

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=www.myspace.com

Rank #12 in hits.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=www.google.com

Rank #3 in hits.

Impressive that MySpace has risen so quickly, but it will never dominate Google. Google has uses in business and work and such. MySpace is just a phase for teenagers.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 08:04:50 pm »
Impressive that MySpace has risen so quickly, but it will never dominate Google. Google has uses in business and work and such. MySpace is just a phase for teenagers.

Amen!

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 09:03:01 pm »
I thought the article was still impressive none the less. Kids will use the internet if there is one.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 11:51:19 pm »
The select audience for MySpace is a lot smaller than Google's too. ;O

And BTW: Google>MySpace by infinity!!11one

Can't fool a FoOoL