Author Topic: Happy Valintine's Day [late]  (Read 13707 times)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: Happy Valintine's Day [late]
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 07:16:55 pm »
Heart shaped pizza, cool!
It'll go right to her arteries & clog her heart, how sweet ;)...j/k...that's way freakin cool dude.

I went to THE fancy restauran in Las Cruces, had chateaubriand, $80 ticket when all said & done with tip.
Then g/f went home & cried cause she's way picky about food & didnt eat much & was sad I paid so much.
She is getting rather emotional lately.

Fancy restaurants 101: order for the girl.  She won't feel bad about how much you spent if you ordered it for her.  Make sure you know what she likes though ;)

trust

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 08:43:32 pm »
$80 is about right for a good meal.  I wouldn't go past $40/person in general. 

The meal has nothing to do with it. It's the atmosphere and pretentiousness that comes along with it.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2006, 02:07:59 am »

The meal has nothing to do with it. It's the atmosphere and pretentiousness that comes along with it.

I was sorta factoring that in when I say a "good meal".  I don't consider a meal out to be just the food.  Maybe that's wrong; if so, oh well :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2006, 11:47:11 am »

I agree.  The food was good, but not $80 good.  When I think of a good meal I'm thinking about food that'll make my mouth water thinking of it, then smelling it, then eating it, then after the after taste.
There are little "mom & pop greasy spoon" mexican food places around here that're pretty cheap ($10 MAYBE for ALOT of good food).  The atmosphere, however, is just bleh.  When you go to our one fancy mexican food resaurant they serve crappy mexican food in a REALLY nice place, I think its sort retarded how it goes like that.

I think I'll stick with our local Lorenzo's Italian restaurants, they're delicious

I did order for her, sorta?  Its chateaubriand for two.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 02:24:11 pm »
If the girl really likes you she won't mind the quality of food. I went to Taco Bell the other day with my date (after a movie) and we was there about 5 minutes before we was in the car making out. The point is less eating and more fucking.

trust

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2006, 02:52:07 pm »
If the girl really likes you she won't mind the quality of food. I went to Taco Bell the other day with my date (after a movie) and we was there about 5 minutes before we was in the car making out. The point is less eating and more fucking.

You obviously date women with no class.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 03:56:26 pm »

Haha, I was thinking that. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2006, 04:33:07 pm »
Other than what trust said, I wanted Valentine's to be the/a special dinner so I went to THE resaurant in Las Cruces, won't do that again...unless I get the trout, mmmm

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2006, 06:26:59 pm »

/signed

I know a girl who was taken to McDonalds for her prom dinner.  She called a friend to pick her up when she realized it wasn't a joke.

trust

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 06:40:58 pm »

/signed

I know a girl who was taken to McDonalds for her prom dinner.  She called a friend to pick her up when she realized it wasn't a joke.

Holy cow. Yeah, she definitely has no class to do that. But for real though, what guy would do that?

I do know what restraunt I am going to take whoever my next girlfriend is for our first date. It's this Italian restraunt here, it's rated the 2nd most romantic restraunt in the area apparently - I've only been there once, for my birthday, and the atmosphere is great (proper attire is required, but if it's not late they'll let you in and just sit you behind a wall.) What's better is that the food is EXCELLENT, and it's midranged as far as price (like $15-$25ish?) When I went for my birthday it was around $100 for 3 people, but that's with two appetizers and desert too. I think it'd be a good choice all around.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 06:54:22 pm »

/signed

Holy cow. Yeah, she definitely has no class to do that. But for real though, what guy would do that?

I do know what restraunt I am going to take whoever my next girlfriend is for our first date. It's this Italian restraunt here, it's rated the 2nd most romantic restraunt in the area apparently - I've only been there once, for my birthday, and the atmosphere is great (proper attire is required, but if it's not late they'll let you in and just sit you behind a wall.) What's better is that the food is EXCELLENT, and it's midranged as far as price (like $15-$25ish?) When I went for my birthday it was around $100 for 3 people, but that's with two appetizers and desert too. I think it'd be a good choice all around.

You people suck for having fancy places to eat. The choices here are basically the gas station or the grocery store. We don't even have a McDonalds so the girls escape that option.  :(
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2006, 09:53:21 pm »
I just got home from hanging out with Ashley, I was asking her if she really minded were I took her to eat or if women really care in general. She said most likely because fancy restruaghnts means a guy must care about her to spend that kinda $$$.

Me an Ashley have been close friends for awhile now and we both LOVE taco bell, we just happen to like making out more, though.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2006, 03:51:37 pm »

/signed

mmm, italian food.  We have a Johnny Carino's, its nice, w/e tho.
Then we have a local based Lorenzo's...mm.  The new one is supposed to be UBER nice.  I can see $100 going quickly there, too