Author Topic: Car Accident  (Read 5412 times)

trust

Car Accident
« on: February 25, 2006, 05:33:39 pm »
omg. today I got into my first automobile accident.

So I went to dicks, best buy, and the mall today (and didn't buy anything). And then I was going home and I was like, well maybe I could go play some wallball or shoot on the lacrosse goal @ Maury. So, I turn to go there and then I pull up to a light and stop. Then it turns green, and I didn't notice anybody coming straight so I started to turn. Then all of a sudden EVERYTHING slows down, I look to my right and I see this blue Jeep coming at me, I see this guy in the car, I'm hoping it ends up being a close call, etc.

Well, it ended up being a full accident. I grab my cell phone and get out of the car, but I fogot to put my car in park and it starts to roll and the guys like "You might wanna park your car" so I did that. And he's like "I had a green light!" (because of course he had right of way)

Here's a picture: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5730/crash7cm.png

So I called my mom and moved the car to the parking lot and so did he. and my moms just trying to calm me down and tells me my dads coming. I asked the guy if he was alright and he said "yeah I'm just worried about my car" and I asked if he called the cops and he's like "I don't think we need to call the cops" but then a few minutes later he said he thinks the cops should come (I was going to call them anyway.) So the cops came and just take our stuff and ask for each of our stories and the stories were the same so they just fill out this accident form. I was literally shaking and at one point I almost cried (before the cops got there, I calmed down after my dad/cops came.)

I was worried I'd get a failure to yield ticket, but I didn't. I knew he could say I didn't yield (and actually I had just gone from red light to green light so I think I just went ahead and started to turn, but anyway...) and of course since I was hit it looks that way, but I knew he was speeding (it was a 25mph street) but I couldn't prove that. So my dad got there and he looks at it and he determines that the right of way switched to me because I was more than 3/4 through the intersection (as determined by the point of collision.) Afterwards he took my disposable camera I keep in my glovebox and took pictures of the intersection and he noticed skid marks from the guy that turn right (into me) if he had turned left he might have missed me or hit further back. The guy also didn't take pictures or anything, but he kept telling me how he had a green light but I didn't say anything (except when I first got out I was like "I'm sorry") But ehhh, nobody got a ticket so the insurance companies will have to fight it out. In the meantime I can't open my back door, but I mean I guess I'm luckier because he had more damage (hit me right with the corner of his front headlight, he lost some plastic from the reflector, it's caved in a little, and the hood is popping up some.) I just have some door-damage and some of his paint.

Though I noticed from the accident paper that he's 24, his dad owns his car, and he still lives at home. His dad actually came too. I'm thinking this guy might be a loser or something.

Here's the damage from my car: http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8188/car0ko.jpg

So yeah that sucked.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: Car Accident
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 05:38:24 pm »
That's terrible, at least you're both alright and you know who hit you.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 05:39:53 pm »
Wow, that sucks trust.  Do you know if insurance is going to cover either of the expenses?

trust

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 05:45:40 pm »
Wow, that sucks trust.  Do you know if insurance is going to cover either of the expenses?

I don't know if my dad has called the insurance company yet. The police valued the damage of both cars at $450, but my dad said it looks around $1200 worth of damage, and CrAz3D said $1200 sounds about right.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 05:49:22 pm »
I don't know if my dad has called the insurance company yet. The police valued the damage of both cars at $450, but my dad said it looks around $1200 worth of damage, and CrAz3D said $1200 sounds about right.

Ouch... I hope insurance covers it.  They should.  The bill might go up, but that's not too bad. :)

trust

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 05:51:39 pm »
Yeah and just a few minutes earlier I had pulled into rallys and was going to get a cheeseburger, but then I decided against it and left, if I had gotten the cheeseburger that never would have happened.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 05:52:42 pm »
Just wondering, how did you not see him coming?  Was there a curve in the road or something?  Or did you just miss him?  That's the biggest question that comes to mind when I read that. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 05:53:27 pm »
Poor bastard. :(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 05:57:42 pm »
Just wondering, how did you not see him coming?  Was there a curve in the road or something?  Or did you just miss him?  That's the biggest question that comes to mind when I read that. 

I don't know. Seriously I can't remember, I probably just casually looked and he was probably further down the road but going fast enough to get there in time. But you're right that is a big question, maybe I didn't even look up.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 06:06:58 pm »
AHHH, everybody get off the roads, Trust got his liscence!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 06:13:02 pm »
AHHH, everybody get off the roads, Trust got his liscence!

He's had it...

trust

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 06:47:40 pm »
Yeah. And when I got home I was still shaking, in fact I had the first coke I've had in months...I wanted the caffeine to calm me down.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 08:27:58 pm »
Yeah. And when I got home I was still shaking, in fact I had the first coke I've had in months...I wanted the caffeine to calm me down.

Uhh.. did it help?

trust

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 08:30:05 pm »
Yes I calmed down, I don't know if it was just being home or the coke or what though.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 08:32:55 pm »
For some reason, I doubt it was the Coke.  Coke isn't well known for its calming effects. 

Now if you had a cigarette...

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 08:33:30 pm »
Yes I calmed down, I don't know if it was just being home or the coke or what though.
I say it was the drugs.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 08:36:25 pm »
Ciggerretes are a stimulant like caffiene.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 08:39:30 pm »
I thought cigarettes were supposed to calm people?  See, I'm no expert :P

Fine, if you'd had alcohol :P

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 08:49:26 pm »

When my buddy got into an accident that totaled his car and almost killed him and a carful of friends, he was pretty broken up. It was his birthday. He got to the restaurant (he was meeting us there when he got into the accident) and chainsmoked like 2 packs, yet didn't touch the 3 or 4 bottles of alcohol in a friend's car. The tobacco calmed him more than drinking, so there.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 08:51:46 pm »

When my buddy got into an accident that totaled his car and almost killed him and a carful of friends, he was pretty broken up. It was his birthday. He got to the restaurant (he was meeting us there when he got into the accident) and chainsmoked like 2 packs, yet didn't touch the 3 or 4 bottles of alcohol in a friend's car. The tobacco calmed him more than drinking, so there.

I would imagine it's probably the same reason that Trust was calmed down by Coke: you just have to have something that you need/enjoy to calm you down, what the chemicals are doesn't matter so much. 

Damn psychology...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 09:57:21 pm »
I would imagine it's probably the same reason that Trust was calmed down by Coke: you just have to have something that you need/enjoy to calm you down, what the chemicals are doesn't matter so much. 

Damn psychology...

That's the exact reason that cigarettes help calm some people down.  It eases the constant crave they have for nicotine.

trust

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 11:36:09 pm »

Damn psychology...

I actually don't like coke, and very rarely drink it. I used to enjoy it but after going off of it it just tastes disgusting. I don't drink any brown cola now.

Anyway, the deductable was $500 but $100 was taken off due to my parents driving records, so it's $400. On Monday my dad is taking my car in to have the damage assessed so I'll be driving my moms car to school/practice. Yes, with the breast cancer awareness magnet and everything... :\

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 12:08:28 am »
Owned @ breast cancer awareness.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 12:08:58 am »
Trust has breast cancer :(

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 12:13:03 am »
To clear something up, ciggerettes like caffiene are a stimulant. But cigs can still have a calming effect. I'm not sure why but I think it's in the way your CNS is stimulated.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 12:13:44 am »
To clear something up, ciggerettes like caffiene are a stimulant. But cigs can still have a calming effect. I'm not sure why but I think it's in the way your CNS is stimulated.

Damn psychology...

That's the exact reason that cigarettes help calm some people down.  It eases the constant crave they have for nicotine.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 02:33:59 am »
Cheeseburgers save lives.  You should have purchased one.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...