Author Topic: Fun at the battlegrounds!  (Read 8594 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Fun at the battlegrounds!
« on: February 26, 2006, 02:13:45 am »
I finally did battlegrounds! They are uber fun :-) . Lets see... 375 HK in a day.... :-D and 3888 honor :)
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowbg11rt.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowbg24bv.jpg

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Fun at the battlegrounds!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:16:25 am »
I finally did battlegrounds! They are uber fun :-) . Lets see... 375 HK in a day.... :-D and 3888 honor :)
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowbg11rt.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowbg24bv.jpg

Hehe, I would get that much honor from like, twenty kills. :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 02:32:41 am »
eh, I still had a lot of kills, I don't care about the honor :-)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 02:40:28 am »
eh, I still had a lot of kills, I don't care about the honor :-)

Humorously enough, it's the honor that counts.  I'm aware of absolutely no honor calculation that involves the inclusion of the kills you've made.  It makes sense, too.  The PvP Honor system for WoW is pretty neat.

Coincidentally, I just finished doing a round of WSG.  I hadn't done it in a long time.  It was rejuvenating!  Hehe, I was actually chasing Shamans away when they tried to gank me.  I'm pretty tricky in BG, hehe.  In the flag room, a Rogue and a Shaman assaulted me when everyone else was chasing the flag bearer.  I pretended to be a total idiot and fight them for about ten seconds (if you run around, it takes them a lot longer to kill you ;D); then, I scream'ed them, ran down the ramp and hid behind the door on the left exit.  They were wandering around trying to find me, haha.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 11:05:41 am »
I was trying to say the kills were more meaningfull to me,  than the honor. I love to put my DOTs on people, its fun :-), and picking on the lvl 21s

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 11:55:23 am »
I was trying to say the kills were more meaningfull to me,  than the honor. I love to put my DOTs on people, its fun :-), and picking on the lvl 21s

Hehe, yeah.

HK's = Honor, though.  Obviously, it depends on your level and the person you killed's level.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 12:52:44 pm »
WSG is pretty lame now a days. Try doing AV.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 06:14:03 pm »
WSG is pretty lame now a days. Try doing AV.

AV takes too damn long.  You have to wait 5 hours on my server to get into a game (don't make fun of me -- it's not a pvp server -_-), plus, the games last far too long for my continued enjoyment.  WSG is the most enjoyable BG, in my opinion.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 10:34:33 pm »
It takes two hours on my server, on non-peak/av week.  15 minutes on peak/AV week, to spend five-six hours more?  I don't have that much time. :P

I've only done it once, and I didn't start at the begining..

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 10:38:26 pm »
It takes two hours on my server, on non-peak/av week.  15 minutes on peak/AV week, to spend five-six hours more?  I don't have that much time. :P

Rediculous.  The wait time isn't that bad, since I can go do something else while I'm doing that, but the playtime is far too long to hold my attention span in this sort of situation.  I can do it with MC because it's such a casual event.  It's an easy instance for my raid, so we're goofing around most of the time.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 10:55:13 pm »

Rediculous.  The wait time isn't that bad, since I can go do something else while I'm doing that, but the playtime is far too long to hold my attention span in this sort of situation.  I can do it with MC because it's such a casual event.  It's an easy instance for my raid, so we're goofing around most of the time.

Yeah, I don't actually get better stuff, so I don't go for it much.  I like WSG.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 10:56:33 pm »
Yeah, I don't actually get better stuff, so I don't go for it much.  I like WSG.

Hehe.  Some of the PvP gear is pretty nice, I must admit.  It's not nearly worth the work it requires anyone to go through to obtain it, though.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 12:10:48 pm »

Hehe.  Some of the PvP gear is pretty nice, I must admit.  It's not nearly worth the work it requires anyone to go through to obtain it, though.

On my ex-60, I was almost Rank 9 and would have had my full PvP set, and trust me, PvP rewards are more then worth it, it's just like doing MC, you just need to work for it. (Rank 11 gets you access to a 90g mount.)

And doing AV has some AMAZING rewards, casters get a sweet staff, rogues get Lobo and Glacial (best daggers you can get without pve), although, Alliance PvP gear looks terrible, Horde gets gear that actually glows and such, it's probably more worth it on Horde IMHO.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 03:01:23 pm »
On my ex-60, I was almost Rank 9 and would have had my full PvP set, and trust me, PvP rewards are more then worth it, it's just like doing MC, you just need to work for it. (Rank 11 gets you access to a 90g mount.)

When you consider the amount of time it takes to get to Grand Marshal, the time it takes to farm gear in MC/BWL, it's not worth it.  In about a month, I'm almost fully equipped with epic gear that, at least I think, is much better than the best PvP gear (even for PvP, ironically).  Sure, the gear's great, but it's a lot more work to get it.

And doing AV has some AMAZING rewards, casters get a sweet staff, rogues get Lobo and Glacial (best daggers you can get without pve), although, Alliance PvP gear looks terrible, Horde gets gear that actually glows and such, it's probably more worth it on Horde IMHO.

The PvE gear is still better, I'd say.  You can't beat Benediction / Anathema.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 04:41:13 pm »

When you consider the amount of time it takes to get to Grand Marshal, the time it takes to farm gear in MC/BWL, it's not worth it.  In about a month, I'm almost fully equipped with epic gear that, at least I think, is much better than the best PvP gear (even for PvP, ironically).  Sure, the gear's great, but it's a lot more work to get it.

The PvE gear is still better, I'd say.  You can't beat Benediction / Anathema.

Rank 14 is Grand Marshal/High Warlord, not 11.

And notice how I said Lobo and Glacial are the best daggers you can get without _PVE_.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 04:49:14 pm »

Right, but if GM gear can't compare to PvE gear, how can gear from rank 11 compare?

And notice how I said Lobo and Glacial are the best daggers you can get without _PVE_.

I said PvP wasn't worth the time because you can to better in less time with PvE.  I don't really care how good PvP gear is when it's isolated, non-compared to better PvE gear.  I know it's good.  It's just not worth the effort unless you hate PvE and love PvP.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 07:12:38 pm »

Right, but if GM gear can't compare to PvE gear, how can gear from rank 11 compare?

I said PvP wasn't worth the time because you can to better in less time with PvE.  I don't really care how good PvP gear is when it's isolated, non-compared to better PvE gear.  I know it's good.  It's just not worth the effort unless you hate PvE and love PvP.
Or are unable to have a guild that pve's.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 09:18:23 pm »
If your alliance, 60, and can't find a MC guild, you need to try harder.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 10:07:31 pm »
If your alliance, 60, and can't find a MC guild, you need to try harder.

Well you at least have to have 50+ FR gear.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 10:31:39 pm »
I got into an MC guild with 0 fr gear.  I now have 140fr, comforatably.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 10:56:14 pm »
Well you at least have to have 50+ FR gear.

That is a huge variant from raid to raid.  In most cases, the rest of the raid is decked out enough to compensate for a complete lack in Fire Resistance of a few players.  I started my raid with 5 FR (which was from a shoulder enchant).

I got into an MC guild with 0 fr gear.  I now have 140fr, comforatably.

Haha, I have 112 with my "FR gear" on, which is simply a switch of a cloak and a necklace.  That is, of course, a passive effort.  I don't give a rat's ass about Fire Resistance when it's compared to intellect and spirit (396 int and 332 spirit unbuffed).

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 02:28:17 am »
Being an enchanter myself, I doubt I'll have much problem getting FR in the end game. I have 0 right now, but I also have no need for it.

Back to what we were talking about earlier, I hate WSG. Horde on our server NEVER wins. For some reason they're all too idiotic to realize you're supposed to make a raid group. =(. I'd rather do AB, which I haven't done for my entire horde carreer.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 03:10:55 am »
Being an enchanter myself, I doubt I'll have much problem getting FR in the end game. I have 0 right now, but I also have no need for it.

The most Fire Resistance (and this includes enchants that'll take you much longer than you're anticipating) you can get from Enchanting is ~50 or so.  Most Fire Resistance comes from bonuses on items.

Back to what we were talking about earlier, I hate WSG. Horde on our server NEVER wins. For some reason they're all too idiotic to realize you're supposed to make a raid group. =(. I'd rather do AB, which I haven't done for my entire horde carreer.

Maybe they're just as noobish at AB?  I'd guess moreso, since most people do WSG because they like the strategical challenge (or free HK's, depending on your opinion of humanity).

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 09:05:15 am »
Sidoh, on my server 3 guilds have done MC, one of them has died, and the other two are full. Just because your server has massive numbers of 60's, doesn't mean everyone has the same capabilities. Most people who pvp all the time throughout the game are either unable to have good, serious pve, or have another character that is their pve toon.

As for FR gear, if you think about it, the only thing requiring it is rogue's and warrior's. So it isn't an issue if you, or Blaze has 0, due to you should never be getting touched.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 07:45:20 pm »
Sidoh, on my server 3 guilds have done MC, one of them has died, and the other two are full. Just because your server has massive numbers of 60's, doesn't mean everyone has the same capabilities. Most people who pvp all the time throughout the game are either unable to have good, serious pve, or have another character that is their pve toon.

It's not my fault you play on a nooblet server.

As for FR gear, if you think about it, the only thing requiring it is rogue's and warrior's. So it isn't an issue if you, or Blaze has 0, due to you should never be getting touched.

You've obviously never been to MC, screenor.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 10:02:57 pm »
There is one nice thing about WSG. When you have a group of people who aren't entirely stupid (which isn't often), and aren't against a smart group of alliance (who know how to zerg), you can all-out defend the base and pour in the HK's.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:39 pm »
There is one nice thing about WSG. When you have a group of people who aren't entirely stupid (which isn't often), and aren't against a smart group of alliance (who know how to zerg), you can all-out defend the base and pour in the HK's.

I group with someone who's a competant leader (which almost always means a competant group) 1/3rd of the WSG PUG's I do.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 05:14:35 pm »

It's not my fault you play on a nooblet server.

You've obviously never been to MC, screenor.

Or you and your casters don't know that you're supposed to stand away from the main target, and not right next to it. When I ran MC our priests didn't require FR at all, because they stood in the back and healed.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2006, 05:23:05 pm »
Sucks when Magmadar and Gehennas do AoE fire then?  Magmadar not so much, though.

Anybody with low FR will totally get owned at Rag.  :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006, 05:28:31 pm »
Not to mention half of the trash mobs have AoE fire...