Author Topic: PvP'ers are weird.  (Read 10752 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: PvP'ers are weird.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 04:29:24 pm »
Who the hell said that? I dont recall over mocking you for playing an RP server I just feel that RP's now a days dont do anything. I rember playing an RP server when I got wow and people were cybering. WTF? I never said your less/more competent if anything you have the best char on these forums.

In general, RP servers are slower advancing, true.  However, I've been able to make much better friends on Feathermoon than I was able to on Magtheridon.  While my opinion of PvP servers is generalized, everyone who thinks negatively of RP servers because there are some cyb0r jokes out there (everyone on Feathermoon references it all the time: YAR YAR HUMP HUMP.  "Hey wanna go to the tram? ;)"), it's just as funny to the average person on a RP server as it is to the average person on a PvP server.

However, I've been really impressed with the progress of my raid.  A month ago, we downed Vaelstraz (second boss in BWL, not sure on spelling) for the first time.  Last night, we downed Chromaggus on our first try (it took 5 tries, but it was in the same run).

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 05:28:03 pm »
Who the hell said that? I dont recall over mocking you for playing an RP server I just feel that RP's now a days dont do anything. I rember playing an RP server when I got wow and people were cybering. WTF? I never said your less/more competent if anything you have the best char on these forums.

In general, RP servers are slower advancing, true.  However, I've been able to make much better friends on Feathermoon than I was able to on Magtheridon.  While my opinion of PvP servers is generalized, everyone who thinks negatively of RP servers because there are some cyb0r jokes out there (everyone on Feathermoon references it all the time: YAR YAR HUMP HUMP.  "Hey wanna go to the tram? ;)"), it's just as funny to the average person on a RP server as it is to the average person on a PvP server.

However, I've been really impressed with the progress of my raid.  A month ago, we downed Vaelstraz (second boss in BWL, not sure on spelling) for the first time.  Last night, we downed Chromaggus on our first try (it took 5 tries, but it was in the same run).

I guess your right.On alot of pvp server people joke about Chuck Norris all the damn time. Well I still say we all join an RPPVP server so we get best of both worlds. I like to role play espically with friends of mine and espically if they knew what their doing, iago :P. Anyways Iam sorry if their was a mix up I never ever have though badly about you. Maybe a selected few but never you <3
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 06:21:19 pm »
Someone needs to calm down.  :)

It's annoying and fun to be on PvP Servers
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 09:58:23 pm »
Yeah. PvP servers are fine from 1-15, annoying from 16-59, and AWESOME at 60. I wouldn't want a 60 on a PvE server, because then ganking is totally out of the question.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 10:11:50 pm »
Yeah. PvP servers are fine from 1-15, annoying from 16-59, and AWESOME at 60. I wouldn't want a 60 on a PvE server, because then ganking is totally out of the question.

Ganking is retarded, even when you're on the attacking end of it; this especially holds true when you're a healing class that is not designed to do damage.

Even if I did find ganking fun, it's a waste of time.  All of that work for what, 40 honor points?  Pff, I could get 1000 times that in WSG if I wanted (of course I don't, since I think pvp is completely useless compared to pve).

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 10:59:51 pm »

Ganking is retarded, even when you're on the attacking end of it; this especially holds true when you're a healing class that is not designed to do damage.

Even if I did find ganking fun, it's a waste of time.  All of that work for what, 40 honor points?  Pff, I could get 1000 times that in WSG if I wanted (of course I don't, since I think pvp is completely useless compared to pve).

It's just like backstabbing in Starcraft, you do it, to make offers feal bad -- which is awesome!

It's not for the honor, it's for the fun.  :)

I have a 7 shaman on Magtheridon, I don't like the server.

Yes Sidoh, lets go to the tram.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 11:05:08 pm »
It's just like backstabbing in Starcraft, you do it, to make offers feal bad -- which is awesome!

It's not for the honor, it's for the fun.  :)

I have a 7 shaman on Magtheridon, I don't like the server.

Yes Sidoh, lets go to the tram.  :)

That's just the thing.  I don't think it's fun. ;)

If something doesn't have much of a reward, I don't find myself doing it very often.  Since I have the option to eliminate an ability I would rarely use in trade for not being on the other end of the table with the ability, I choose to play on a PvE (RP) server.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 07:47:59 am »

Teenage WoW ganker's mentality: Better to kill them in game than in real life.

Stress relief. ^_^

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 09:40:09 am »
Teenage WoW ganker's mentality: Better to kill them in game than in real life.

Stress relief. ^_^

I stand by my original statement:

Since I have the option to eliminate an ability I would rarely use in trade for not being on the other end of the table with the ability, I choose to play on a PvE (RP) server.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 09:51:39 am »
Since I would like to keep the ability that I will often use, being in the other end of the table with the ability is the price I'll have to pay.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 04:31:09 pm »
Like Blaze said. Its basically BSing in bw. All you do it for is to piss the other person off and get stress relief. I have been ganked around 1,000 times on my old server "Bitch asss cunt mom" But I have had the joyment to do it to other lowbies.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 08:14:46 pm »
From me, starting out on a RP server (Feathermoon), then moving to a pvp server (Aegwynn), I would have to say I was much more intent on hitting 60 on Aegwynn then Feathermoon (hence why I was powerleveled 24-40), pvp servers in my opinion are more down to earth. This is how it goes:

The Barrens - Shit hole of Horde, you turn off you chat for the levels you're here (assuming you play on Horde), and you'll enjoy the rest of the game, and possibly even the levels in Barrens.

Westfall - ...Ugh, you don't want to be anywhere near Westfall, this place is the most annoying spot to deal with. (Alliance, duh)

Other then that, if you just grind your whole way to 60, the game is actually very enjoyable. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you kind of go into a trance and just day dream the whole time you do it, keep in mind also gaining more exp then if you were questing. I've found the perfect areas to level for Alliance and Horde to level 50 so far. (I don't know 50-60 due to I had met up with a pvp addicted team and that was how we leveled, strictly from pvp, so eh.)

But finally, this is the thing, Sidoh, those people weren't "pvpers", they were trying to combine pvp chat with RP chat, which obviously gives you a handful of idiot. If it had been a pvp server it would have been this; "Damn, a rank 14, I bet everyone's suking his dick for that. Lets go gank some lowbies in our pink dresses, true pimp style."

Whereas when you have people like them trying to mix it with roleplaying, you get that... type of language. The thing is, you don't notice because you're around people RPing all the time, regaurdless of wether or not you associate with them, they're doing it. Then when someone RP's a little differently you notice and get defensive when we pvpers say that's what happens when you play on a RP server, here's the thing, wether they're "RPing the right way" or not, it only happens on RP servers, you're not in a position to call them idiots due to the fact that you play on the server. :-*

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 08:57:17 pm »
Since I would like to keep the ability that I will often use, being in the other end of the table with the ability is the price I'll have to pay.

Alright, whatever floats your boat.  I'll be in MC (not getting ganked while AFK'ing and not having to worry about while I AFK) getting epix.

From me, starting out on a RP server (Feathermoon), then moving to a pvp server (Aegwynn), I would have to say I was much more intent on hitting 60 on Aegwynn then Feathermoon (hence why I was powerleveled 24-40), pvp servers in my opinion are more down to earth. This is how it goes:

I think powerleveling is ridiculous, personally.  I don't see any excuse that warrants its use.  If you you were "forced" to resort to it, I don't really understand why anyone would want to play on a PvP server.

Other then that, if you just grind your whole way to 60, the game is actually very enjoyable. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you kind of go into a trance and just day dream the whole time you do it, keep in mind also gaining more exp then if you were questing. I've found the perfect areas to level for Alliance and Horde to level 50 so far. (I don't know 50-60 due to I had met up with a pvp addicted team and that was how we leveled, strictly from pvp, so eh.)

Grinding is boring, in my opinion.  I'd much rather do instances (which is, by all practical means, grinding with a group).

But finally, this is the thing, Sidoh, those people weren't "pvpers", they were trying to combine pvp chat with RP chat, which obviously gives you a handful of idiot. If it had been a pvp server it would have been this; "Damn, a rank 14, I bet everyone's suking his dick for that. Lets go gank some lowbies in our pink dresses, true pimp style."

I don't see how that gives you a "handful of idiot."  Personally, I think the average person I meet on WoW is relatively unintelligent (or at least they act that way), no matter what the server genre is.  Judging how I'll like a person from their intelligence is pretty foolish.  I get pretty annoyed with people who go out of character in raid chat, which allows you to talk across two physically separated continents; this entirely defeats the purpose of RP'ing, since you're talking to people by some mystical medium that allows ultra-long range communication.  It's retarded, I must admit.  These people are few and far between, though.

Whereas when you have people like them trying to mix it with roleplaying, you get that... type of language. The thing is, you don't notice because you're around people RPing all the time, regaurdless of wether or not you associate with them, they're doing it. Then when someone RP's a little differently you notice and get defensive when we pvpers say that's what happens when you play on a RP server, here's the thing, wether they're "RPing the right way" or not, it only happens on RP servers, you're not in a position to call them idiots due to the fact that you play on the server. :-*

Want to bet?  They are not role playing, they're being fucking idiots.  Role playing constitutes the actual involvement of your interactions portrayed as your characters interactions.  This means you, should you choose to role play correctly, become forced to adopt a practical set of rules that would be applied to your character in the environment they are immersed in.  Using real life colloquial language (slang) in the place of language that is more suited for the environment your character is placed in automatically indicates you are speaking out of character.  This aside, I was grouped with these douche-bags for a few hours.  Not only were they speaking out of character (talking about things going on in the real world today), they were arrogant, asshole pricks that didn't really care about anything if you didn't have a PvP rank.  Oh well.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 09:34:43 pm »
I said they were trying to roleplay, and reguardless of what your definition of roleplaying is, NORMAL people don't do that while chatting, they were roleplaying, as I said before, you obviously don't realize it. It's not meant as an insult, assuming you look at it as this, but you've just adapted to it, THEY'RE ROLEPLAYING. :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 10:08:16 pm »
I said they were trying to roleplay, and reguardless of what your definition of roleplaying is, NORMAL people don't do that while chatting, they were roleplaying, as I said before, you obviously don't realize it. It's not meant as an insult, assuming you look at it as this, but you've just adapted to it, THEY'RE ROLEPLAYING. :P

Sure.  By your definition, then, everyone is roleplaying.  They were talking about football... they weren't roleplaying.