Author Topic: Multiple Vista versions SOLVED  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Multiple Vista versions SOLVED
« on: March 02, 2006, 06:08:46 pm »
"With six separate versions of Windows Vista on the way, Microsoft has a marketing challenge on its hands. How will the company properly inform users as to which versions support which features? One part of the plan is now becoming clear: all four "consumer" versions of the OS will be available to users even after installation. How? They'll all be available for "instant online upgrade" once Windows Vista is installed."

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060301-6295.html
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Multiple Vista versions SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 08:49:07 pm »
The approach is simple: Microsoft is going to pack all four operating systems versions into a single disc package. Once installed, a quick trip to the Control Panel is all you'll need to upgrade from Home Basic all the way to Ultimate, should your heart desire. That, and a credit card.

Great, they're making it easier to buy the other versions.  Doesn't seem very useful otherwise, though?

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 08:50:04 pm »
What do you want them to hand you the versions? You get what you pay for..I'm also going to take a stab in the dark and assume that they offer the upgrades at a somewhat reduced price since you already have a Vista system.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:33:33 pm »
I'm also going to take a stab in the dark and assume that they offer the upgrades at a somewhat reduced price since you already have a Vista system.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOOLLOLLOLOLOOOOOLOLLOOLOLLO!!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!1eleven!
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.